Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No trash cans

• We wants the Redhead

No trash cans

in Mickey and Friends Parking Structure, why is this? My sister and I always wonder about this. I have even gone as far as to call to find out why. So, far no one can answer my question. By the end of the night the parking structure looks like a war zone. Knotts parking always had trash cans ever few feet. I figure they have a reason and it is easier to clean the parking structure that way, instead of emptying trash cans.
    Janet
    John 3:16

• Banned User

Re: No trash cans

They have a truck that collects all the trash anyway. I don't consider it littering because someone is paid to drive around and suck it all up.

• The Mystery Mouseketool

That's a good question. There are trash cans down in the tram load/unload area, so it shouldn't be difficult for people to throw their trash away before they go up - oh, wait, that would require both forethought AND consideration from members of the GP...

Actually, the lack of trash cans allowed me to help someone out not long ago. We were coming in, and as we walked by one family unloading their minivan, we watched a small boy slam his finger in the door. OW! At first there was nothing to do but sympathize, but after walking a few feet I noticed that somebody (probably after filling a cooler) had left half a bag of ice on the ground. I ran it back to the van; they said thank you, but I think they were a little stunned that a stranger showed up with a bag of ice just 30 seconds after Junior crushed his finger!

- Johnny
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

•   
    • I <3 o

Its so people don't swipe them, thats my guess. Because although there is video surveilance (sp?) people would still be dumb and just grab the can and speed off.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• The Mystery Mouseketool

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    They have a truck that collects all the trash anyway. I don't consider it littering because someone is paid to drive around and suck it all up.
    Hmmm - I'm not sure I agree. I mean, the reason they have to pay someone to drive that truck is because people litter, and I don't believe that people wouldn't litter (except you, SJ) if they thought there was no truck coming...
    It's a little like saying throwing trash out your car window isn't littering, because eventually CalTrans will get it. Or that there is no such thing as littering, because at some point the Earth will reclaim it all.
    I think Kwgrlup's point is that she doesn't want to see, smell or walk on that garbage as she exits (isn't the parking area "onstage"?), and I agree.

- Johnny
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

• Still wants to be a cat!

They have trash cans right by all escalators and down the tiled walkways, I know because I use them.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    They have trash cans right by all escalators and down the tiled walkways, I know because I use them.
    I've seen these too, but they always seem to be full and over-flowing, even in the morning.

Disney should publish its policy prohibiting littering. That would certainly be cheaper than maintaining armies of custodians.

• I can't stand you.

I could of sworn there were trashcans down by the tram before/after gettin to the the parking structure but maybe that's just my mind playing tricks on me...

• I can't stand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Its so people don't swipe them, thats my guess. Because although there is video surveilance (sp?) people would still be dumb and just grab the can and speed off.
    Wow..honestly why would ANYONE steal a trashcan of all things? That's extemely odd and a little unsettling

• Premium Youngling and

I always wondered this. There is just trash everywhere!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Since we mostly stay at the Hotel during our trips, we rarely park in the structure, but even if we finishied up our day at DL and had trash in our possession/vehicle, dumping it out in the parking structure would be the last thing that I would do (actually, not even the last...I just wouldn't do it). Even if it was a soiled diaper (been there, done that). We keep it until we can properly dispose of it.

Sorry to hear that trash is such a problem in the structure. People can be rude and obnoxious. And/or just plain lazy...

As a side note, when we enoy the Parks, we (our kids and myself) have been known to pick up trash that we see (left by others) and put it in the nearest can. I don't claim that we are volunteer custodians, but if we see a Park map (common) or other debris lying there (within reason), we'll take care of it.

It's called pride in our surroundings.

Enjoy!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    Hmmm - I'm not sure I agree. I mean, the reason they have to pay someone to drive that truck is because people litter, and I don't believe that people wouldn't litter (except you, SJ) if they thought there was no truck coming...
    It's a little like saying throwing trash out your car window isn't littering, because eventually CalTrans will get it. Or that there is no such thing as littering, because at some point the Earth will reclaim it all.
    I think Kwgrlup's point is that she doesn't want to see, smell or walk on that garbage as she exits (isn't the parking area "onstage"?), and I agree.

- Johnny
    Johnny you are so right! - it is interesting that this mindset (stated by SJ) is found in other areas also - it is "all about me" for some the expectation is that others are there to serve or take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Disney should publish its policy prohibiting littering. That would certainly be cheaper than maintaining armies of custodians.
    This must be a joke - people who litter don't care what the policy is. If they did - they wouldn't litter.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Since we mostly stay at the Hotel during our trips, we rarely park in the structure, but even if we finishied up our day at DL and had trash in our possession/vehicle, dumping it out in the parking structure would be the last thing that I would do (actually, not even the last...I just wouldn't do it). Even if it was a soiled diaper (been there, done that). We keep it until we can properly dispose of it.

Sorry to hear that trash is such a problem in the structure. People can be rude and obnoxious. And/or just plain lazy...

As a side note, when we enoy the Parks, we (our kids and myself) have been known to pick up trash that we see (left by others) and put it in the nearest can. I don't claim that we are volunteer custodians, but if we see a Park map (common) or other debris lying there (within reason), we'll take care of it.

It's called pride in our surroundings.

Enjoy!
    And that PM is the whole deal "pride in our surroundings" and ourselves.
    Minnietoo

• We wants the Redhead

I agree that people should not litter in the parking structures. I do think if Disneyland had more trash cans in the parking structure there would be less littering. I have seen the ones near the elevator, but I do not think people will go to that length to deposit trash. We have gotten to the point where we just carry a big trash bag in the car. At the end of the day everything goes in it, then we put it in my sisters trash when we get to her house. I still wonder why they do not have any?
    Janet
    John 3:16

• no flash photography...

OMG...is is so hard to carry the trash until you reach the trash cans by the tram loading area....it amazes me how people behave. I have even put the empty cup in my car and drove home with them to dispose of them in the polite way *gasp*

Even in DL when their are trash cans everywhere I have seen people throw trash in the bushes and they are 2 feet from the trash can!! I guess this is ok also because hey have sweepers in the park??...unbelievable...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast