• Sun Wheel survivor!

Can I get in without my AP?

Happy New Year!

We renewed our APs online on 12/24 (my husband is a procastinator and they expired on 12/25). They haven't come in the mail yet - and I so wanted to go to DL today - does anyone know if it is possible just to check with a CM at the gate and get in without paying a lost AP fee?

Thanks in advance
    Minnietoo

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Can I get in without my AP?

With the renewal-by-mail system, I hear about this scenario more often.

We personally experienced this some time back when one of our kids got invited to DL unexpectedly after I mailed in our payment for the AP renewal. The AP was expired on the day of the offer to go.

We sent our kid with a copy of the renewal notice, the phone number and acct number which indicated payment had been received by DL/renewal center, and the expired AP.

They were met with "resistence" at the Guest Relations booth near the entrance. It wasn't until after having to talk with a supervisor (or two), and about 30 minutes of time, that he was let in.

This was about two years ago, and I don't know if the scenario has changed (easier to get in or harder/impossible).

Good luck!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

thanks PM - now to find that reciept! I am guessing then that we won't be able to get any fast passes or discounts as we won't have an actual Ap in our possession - but hey that's OK if we can get in. Our drive is short it might be worth the effort.
    Minnietoo

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    thanks PM - now to find that reciept! I am guessing then that we won't be able to get any fast passes or discounts as we won't have an actual Ap in our possession - but hey that's OK if we can get in. Our drive is short it might be worth the effort.
    they can give you a ticket for the fast pass machine. We had a ticket which was not working once and a CM helped us out..

• We wants the Redhead

They should be able to give you a temp ticket for the day. My sister did the same thing. After a talking to a few people, she was able to get in... I think you should be OK as long as you have your reciept showing you paid.
    Janet
    John 3:16

• Sun Wheel survivor!

THanks everyone - we went and stopped at Guest Relations with our reciept and got complimentary passes - so it works! Thanks for you fast responses.

We we also able to book the Fantasmic Balcony Dessert Buffet for 1/13 - less than 2 weeks away.
    Minnietoo

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

You still haven't received your new passes though? I renewed mine on 12/26 and had it in my hands on the 28th. I was amazed!
    A signature should go here.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    You still haven't received your new passes though? I renewed mine on 12/26 and had it in my hands on the 28th. I was amazed!
    I was surprized too - the CM at the window said they were processed on 12/26 and then she blamed President Ford's funeral and no mail tomorrow (I'm not sure why as this is not an issue here). I blame my mailman - he is a little odd and does odd things with the mail - somedays we get zero mail - and that seems odd as we get so much on other days.

If we don't have them on Wed I'll start calling.
    Minnietoo

I was surprized too - the CM at the window said they were processed on 12/26 and then she blamed President Ford's funeral and no mail tomorrow (I'm not sure why as this is not an issue here). I blame my mailman - he is a little odd and does odd things with the mail - somedays we get zero mail - and that seems odd as we get so much on other days.

If we don't have them on Wed I'll start calling.
    Just FYI, from what I understand, there won't be any mail service in the US tomorrow as all Federal Offices are closed. So I'd suspect that the Christmas and New Year's Holidays added to tomorrows closures would equal quite a bit of mail delay. Everything really gets backed up this time of year.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I'm glad to hear that you got in w/o the actual AP's in your hand.

Enjoy your balcony buffet! (get there early to get a good seat, and plenty of yummies, hehe)

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerSyl View Post
    Just FYI, from what I understand, there won't be any mail service in the US tomorrow as all Federal Offices are closed. So I'd suspect that the Christmas and New Year's Holidays added to tomorrows closures would equal quite a bit of mail delay. Everything really gets backed up this time of year.
    So true - but they were processed on 12/26 - last week Tueday. Mail was running on W, Th, Fri and Sat. Doesn't make sense that today and tomorrow would have an impact - but you are right - things are crazy with the holidays and maybe the quantity of mail is greater so some things get left over to the next day or two.
    Minnietoo

So true - but they were processed on 12/26 - last week Tueday. Mail was running on W, Th, Fri and Sat. Doesn't make sense that today and tomorrow would have an impact - but you are right - things are crazy with the holidays and maybe the quantity of mail is greater so some things get left over to the next day or two.
    Makes you almost wish they would let you pick it up instead of sending it in the mail across town!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerSyl View Post
    Makes you almost wish they would let you pick it up instead of sending it in the mail across town!
    ITA! - our drive is only 20 ish minutes to the park.
    Minnietoo