Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

No Disneyland unit in the Rose Parade???

There's ALWAYS a Disneyland unit in the Rose Parade... It's tradition and great exposure! Walt and Mickey have both been Grand Marshalls in the past - - and remember when Eisner blew it with a Tower of Terror float after 911?

If there was no Disney unit, how CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!! Guess Tournament of Roses is not one of the Million Dreams...

Or did I miss it somehow?

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: No Disneyland unit in the Rose Parade???

Here we are, jumping to conclusions again...

Disneyland helped with the construction of the Anaheim float this year, which included the monorail along with other Anaheim landmarks.

Not everything indicates cheapness on Disney's part.

• Minion

I still say CHEEEEEEP because Anaheim ALWAYS has a float anyway - - and that Anaheim Resort float was not really Disney design-worthy.

What I didn't see on New Years morning were happy Disney characters marching down Colorado Boulevard inviting people to Walt Disney's sunny Magic Kingdom. That is a traditional way to kick off the year - - but not the Year of a Million Dreams, apparently.

The only Disney character I saw this morning was a old clip of Pinocchio on the 1940 float during the end credits. Yay for Walt!

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Bob Iger and his family were watching this morning and Jay Rasulo got a call asking where the Disney unit was... Bad karma.

• For You!

What do you mean blew it with the Tower of Terror float? I loved that float! I thought it was pretty cool. Sure, people were falling outside a building - but it's the ride. Loved it!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

>>What do you mean blew it with the Tower of Terror float? I loved that float! I thought it was pretty cool. Sure, people were falling outside a building - but it's the ride. Loved it!<<

It did receive much criticism in the media at the time.

Still, at least they HAD a float that year...

• Directly directed

I was overall disappointed with the rose bowl. I think the high point for me was when Kristen Chenoweth sang. But I must say i don't love her new haircut.

• The one, the only...

Current Disney management only sees the Rose parade as a tool for advertisement for THIS year. During Walt's time he looked at the long term. He wanted to promote Disney and Disneyland as family names that would lead to acceptance for decades. Current management only looks for the immediate impact. Since Disney really does not have anything going on at the moment, they probably did not do a float.

If Walt were here, He probably would have done a Submarine float with Nemo on it. The ride is not opening until mid year, but he would have built anticipation for the ride (as he did constantly with other attractions during his lifetime such as Pirates or the Haunted Mansion).

Someone in Disney management really dropped the ball. But I am sure that they will not get fired, but probably still get a million dollar bonus for this year.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

They said this is Anaheim's first float in the Rose Parade. I think Disney had a chunk to do with it. Plus aren't Lucas/Star Wars linked to Disneyland? But I will say I am going to be disappointed not to be able to view the float at DCA this year. Whatever...

I liked the Rocket Man. He was neat. I had to watch it a few hours later than I would have liked (fun coffee incident this morning), so I missed some stuff. The Star Wars thing was a total let down! If you are going to have Lucas in the parade, really Lucas it up! Have a good float! The theme was "Our Good Nature" it could have been a tribute to personalities, like the selflessness of the nature of Yoda, Obi-Won, or the Wookies. Not Naboo and Ewok land. Dude I would have loved to see Dagobar (sp?) on a float. Bad bad Lucas group!

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Maybe they had to cut costs because of all the free churros they've given out this year!
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Someone in Disney management really dropped the ball. But I am sure that they will not get fired, but probably still get a million dollar bonus for this year.
    I don't remember Disney ever having a float in the Rose Parade prior to the one promoting Tower of Terror in 2004.

It was a one time special deal - not meant to be an ongoing thing.

um disneyland does not have a float EVERY year. and neither does anahiem. Anaheim had one this year to celebrate its 150th anniversary.
    Disneyland had the TOT float to promote that and then the 50th one.

• For You!

they had one last year too - with lots of characters and singing

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    If there was no Disney unit, how CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!! Guess Tournament of Roses is not one of the Million Dreams...
    So Disney decides to not promote a promotion that no one seems to like anyway... and people STILL complain?

You'd think some people would be happy they weren't wasting their money on it... but oh well.

• Minion

If Disneyland didn't so a float every year, then I really don't see the problem. If Disney helped with the Anaheim float, then thats great! Disneyland is in the city of Anaheim and even if Disney wasn't going to do a float this year, with them helping with the cities float it sheds good light on the partnership between the two.
    Jeff Wayne

• ...TWO BITS!

1) After seeing the Trader Joe's submarine and marine float, I was also thinking: "Disneyland could have done something like that for SVFN". Then maybe on the surface they could have all kinds of Disney critters... movies & theme parks. So yeah, I guess Disney did kinda miss out. Of course there's the argument about Anheim and Star Wars floats...

2) I only remember TOT and 50th. Don't remember Disney being a Rose parade tradition. Although I think they now started a new tradition for the parade with an opening show stop, couple show stops in the parade, and fireworks. The fire-breathing dragons and rocket man were a plus

3) I was disappointed with the Star Wars float(s) as well. Felt like more could have been done, really. And the TV coverage wasn't that great either.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast