Is the "Rockin'" Promotion an Excuse to Upgrade the Sound Systems at the Attractions?

Someone from the company told me that there are now subwoofers under the seats. Were those speakers there before?

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Is the "Rockin'" Promotion an Excuse to Upgrade the Sound Systems at the Attracti

There was quite a bit of bass with the lsat sound system but it is very possible that they boosted it which would be awesome so you could really feel the rocket thrusters!

• The Fantasyland guy

Re: Is the "Rockin'" Promotion an Excuse to Upgrade the Sound Systems at the Attracti

that would be cool... but only because Cal Screaming's sound system never works and it needs an upgrade.

I thought that Space already had subwoofers. Is that not the case?

• :)

The Space Mountain rockets already got new speakers and "sub woofers" (just good speakers) back when they had their last refurb

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    that would be cool... but only because Cal Screaming's sound system never works and it needs an upgrade.

It might be that Space Mountain opened with the better sound system and California Screamin' needed the upgrade.

I don't really know. I just hope that both systems work. Weren't the problems before related to the batteries and alternators?

• Fastest Man Alive

Yeah, Space already has subs and it's only a little more than a year old and works fantastic. Screamin' however, usually its music either doesn't work at all, or is inaudible for most of the attraction. I could definently see Screamin's sound systemgetting some TLC during this overlay. However, since no trains have been taken out of service yet that I know about, I really doubt that speakers are being added since that would require tearing up the seats.

• The Fantasyland guy

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    no trains have been taken out of service yet that I know about, I really doubt that speakers are being added since that would require tearing up the seats.
    This is not good news... What is going to happen when you advertise new music and a "whole new experience," yet nothing is different? Would guests complain?

If I paid $66 to get into the park as the rumors have been, I know I would. If I waited for a ride and didn't get to ride it the way it was advertised to me, I would raise hell!

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    It might be that Space Mountain opened with the better sound system and California Screamin' needed the upgrade.

I don't really know. I just hope that both systems work. Weren't the problems before related to the batteries and alternators?
    The problems before were related to putting the sound systems in an existing design. They fixed the problems with Space Mountain when they designed the new trains - but unless they're planning to redesign the trains for screamin' - I doubt they can fix those problems.

• Premium Youngling and

This is ridiculous! If the speakers arent replaced, I will put 50 bucks on the fact that the soundtrack still will not work.

• The Fantasyland guy

I was reading on Mouseinfo that the sound system on every train did get upgraded. Apparently it only takes about 30 minuets to perform the upgrade.

so maybe it might just work!

But that leads me to my other point... Why no new lighting effects on the coaster? Can't they install some DMX controllable lighting along thea ride?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I was reading on Mouseinfo that the sound system on every train did get upgraded. Apparently it only takes about 30 minuets to perform the upgrade.

But that leads me to my other point... Why no new lighting effects on the coaster? Can't they install some DMX controllable lighting along thea ride?
    If that was the case, the blue train needs to be re-looked at, it's sound system is the only one that's not working (as of last night that is).
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Premium Youngling and

OK good. SO at leat we can enjoy the ride now

• Banned User

They upgraded most of the trains systems on Screamin', but they usually die a slow death and get quieter and quieter. Then some speakers will stop working, then the bass will go out, and then they will get static, they will start skipping, then they won't be queued up properly, then stop working altogether. When the orange train came out of refurbishment for the first time since the accident, the sound system was awsome. But it slowly stop working, started skipping and the speakers went out one by one. They can never keep them working.