Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Star Wars

I just recently saw Episode III and it gave me an idea. Wouldn't it be cool if Disney actaully made a Star Wars Dark Ride with Audio Animatronics and cool special effects. Imagine seeing Darth Vader LightSaber Battle Obi Wan or Luke. Imagine going to diffrent planets watching The Battle for the Universe. The ride probably mad long if they included scenes from all the movies. Man if they created audio animantronics for this they have to be pretty high tech to get down the movements. What you guys think about the idea? Dont know where they put it but it beat a revamped Star Tours.

i think it would be awesome, you'd think that any revamp of star tour would improve what it is now. with star wars being so huge they could really make an amazing attraction that would stand any test of time.

• Metal Head

The thing that makes Star Wars so great though is the speed of the action and cut scenes. ( which is also why ep. 2 was boring) Star tours captures this very well because of the illusion of speed. A normal dark ride would be cool but I do not believe it could capture the essence. :devil:
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal God
    The thing that makes Star Wars so great though is the speed of the action and cut scenes. ( which is also why ep. 2 was boring) Star tours captures this very well because of the illusion of speed. A normal dark ride would be cool but I do not believe it could capture the essence. :devil:
    is that rob haliford from judas priest?

• Metal Head

Quote Originally Posted by disney24/7
    is that rob haliford from judas priest?
    Rob Halford yes. I met him at the Grove in 2002 when he was performing with his solo band.
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Imagine this too the ride vehicles could be small spaceships using some of the indy jones ride vehicle technology then you could speed up the ride at times and think of this having litlle laser guns in the side so when batles occur you can ge t in the action too. I know it sounds kind of crazy but disney could work something out to make the ultimate star wars thrill ride.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

That would be sweet.

I've always had this idea that there could be this Endor ride. If any of you have played Roller Coaster Tycoon...you know the swing-type coaster that has one person sit in each individual seat by themselves? Imagine that, but adding to the top of the vehicle hang-gliders. You'd fly all around the forest, and your mission would be to save the forest (it's on fire, and you have to drop these mud-bombs...it's in one of the Ewok cartoons). The whole ride would be inside a big, dark building. Once you'd get off the ride, you'd be at the very bottom of the forest, and you could meet with a bunch of live ewoks, play games etc.

I doubt it would ever get made, but I think it would be killer.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    They should tear down the "Great" Movie Ride in Disney-MGM and make it a Star Wars, actually, no they probably shouldn't. IMO space travel makes the coolest ride, sure an audio animtronic lightsabre fight, if pulled off correctly, would be insanely cool, but you have to take into consideration how quickly things grow out of popularity. Star Tours is great, because it gives you the star wars feel, but is easily replacable/updatable. If people get tired of it, and there is no longer any urge for people to go on it, they can just change it!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

No ewoks, Wookies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is alot of potential for a ride there. They could do so much, but it could take a long time to get something really worth while. The ride vehicle could be a jedi starfighter, or maybe a speeder bike. It could be really cool.

• Metal Head

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    That would be sweet.

I've always had this idea that there could be this Endor ride. If any of you have played Roller Coaster Tycoon...you know the swing-type coaster that has one person sit in each individual seat by themselves? Imagine that, but adding to the top of the vehicle hang-gliders. You'd fly all around the forest, and your mission would be to save the forest (it's on fire, and you have to drop these mud-bombs...it's in one of the Ewok cartoons). The whole ride would be inside a big, dark building. Once you'd get off the ride, you'd be at the very bottom of the forest, and you could meet with a bunch of live ewoks, play games etc.

I doubt it would ever get made, but I think it would be killer.
    and make the swings speeder bikes. That would be cool :devil:
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chadb14
    No ewoks, Wookies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YES! Wookies use Ewoks as toilet paper.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    I say use the current ride system (though it could use upgrades). I loved everything about Revenge of the Sith, and it is full of scenes that could be integrated into a ride for the next generation of Star Wars fans.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Disney Nerd

all of these ideas are awesome! it would soooo awesome to have a star wars dark ride, but imagine how perfect it would have to be, or we would all get soooo mad. i know i would!

i think what they should do is make 3 different new films for star tours, and put a different one in each star speeder....but they should play randomly...so you dont really know which trip you're going one, could be the endor moon, or tattoine, naboo, mustafar, kamino, etc...that could be awesome! and it's cheaper, and we all know disney loves cheaper...

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal
    all of these ideas are awesome! it would soooo awesome to have a star wars dark ride, but imagine how perfect it would have to be, or we would all get soooo mad. i know i would!

i think what they should do is make 3 different new films for star tours, and put a different one in each star speeder....but they should play randomly...so you dont really know which trip you're going one, could be the endor moon, or tattoine, naboo, mustafar, kamino, etc...that could be awesome! and it's cheaper, and we all know disney loves cheaper...
    I'm not sure the renovation of Star Tours will be cheap...Lucas has insisted on a lot of upgrades if he is to make a new ride video, so it will practically be a new ride.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Okay I just posted this in the other Star Wars thread but thought it'd work here too:

Think of the clone gunships. Since the clones are no longer using them they can be bought up as 'surplus' materials and retrofitted for touring. Now just imagine instead of keeping the whole thing in space if you went down in to the atmosphere, then as you get close to the ground to see the sights better the side panels pop open. Outside there will be HDTV quality monitors so it looks like you are really flying past terrain, the wind blows in your face and depending on what planet you are on they can throw some scent works in there too. Even if they don't work in a disaster motif that they can still take you on a real tour to the other planets. Just imagine that brightly colored planet that they show in the '66' motif flying through that. I think it'd be amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast