• living to haunt

Crazy Thought, but what if???

There is soooo much interest in Club 33 in this group, and so many people would love to go but know no one even close to having a membership, so...has anyone thought of having a gathering there? I know there must be someone in this group that either has a membership or has connections to one. So what would it take to have a gathering there? I don't even know if they allow that, but could we try?

I know the place is not very large so I don't know how many could go, but it would be a great thing to do. The reason I ask is because I am also a very big Magic Castle fan and for my 50th bday a friend got a large group of us in for dinner and the shows. It was a fantastic evening and something I will never forget.

You could do it once or twice a year and only people who have not been with the group can attend. So that way more people could get a chance to enjoy the experience. I know that the member has to be "responsible" for the people entering under their name so people would have to be "good" but I don't think anyone having the chance to see the inside of this wonderful place, much less pay the prices that they charge, even less have the wrath of this group on them for life, are going to mess it up.

Like I said it is only a crazy thought but can it be done? I would love to help organize it if it can!

Happy New Year
    May all your Wishes Come TRUE!
    Kathy

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Crazy Thought, but what if???

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    You could do it once or twice a year and only people who have not been with the group can attend. So that way more people could get a chance to enjoy the experience. I know that the member has to be "responsible" for the people entering under their name so people would have to be "good" but I don't think anyone having the chance to see the inside of this wonderful place, much less pay the prices that they charge, even less have the wrath of this group on them for life, are going to mess it up.

Like I said it is only a crazy thought but can it be done? I would love to help organize it if it can!

Happy New Year
    May all your Wishes Come TRUE!
    Kathy
    Happy New Year, Everyone!

I used to have connections through my uncle to get in, but that was prior to 1990, and now I no longer have that connection. I did go several times though and it arguably -- at the time -- was one of the fanciest restaurants I had ever been in. Unfortunately I don't think it is likely that a Club 33 member is going to let just anybody in. I think they only let in close friends, relatives, or business associates -- only people that they know who are not going to trash the place and treat it with the respect it deserves. But maybe if someone can convince a member that we are not going to trash the place then it may be a possibility.

One other thing. I don't think you have to pay when you go. From what I remember everything goes on the member's tab. I don't think they charge for anything at the moment of service...

• Huh?

Though I don't think they were official meets, there have been small gatherings (though, maybe a bit large for the place) of several MCers a few times at Club 33. Search the archives for photos.
    -Tim

I've been to Club 33 a few times and personally, I'm not that impressed with it. For me, the food is no better than if you ate at any other nice establishment at the Resort. The service is good, but again, not any better than other nice places.

I just feel it's too hyped up and not all it's cracked up to be. It's always nice to experience it once, but after that, it's no big deal.

• Minion

Blog Entries

well.....i'm sorry but i think most of the people on here that havn't been would just be so jazzed to go that they would respect the place and keep it tidy so that excuse doesn't really hold up.

I'd go! lol we've been dreaming of club 33 in my home since i was about 6, i honestly don't see it happening anytime soon though as my family isn't very affluent.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I would just die if I got in!

I was thinking someone would post that you shouldn't be asking for an invite cause it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO exclusive. Maybe, just maybe, one day, before I die, I can get in.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I've been to Club 33 a few times and personally, I'm not that impressed with it. For me, the food is no better than if you ate at any other nice establishment at the Resort. The service is good, but again, not any better than other nice places.

I just feel it's too hyped up and not all it's cracked up to be. It's always nice to experience it once, but after that, it's no big deal.
    I think that is just it, everyone that can should be able to see it once. It is like the Mecca of Disneyland for a lot of people. I am really surprised that Disney doesn't have one of their photo spots at the door sign. Hey this is the year of a million dreams, maybe.....

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    I would just die if I got in!

I was thinking someone would post that you shouldn't be asking for an invite cause it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO exclusive. Maybe, just maybe, one day, before I die, I can get in.

I think that is what makes it kind of sad in a way. I didn't think that people would be negative about this idea. The thought of being able to get into something that most only dream about would just be great! Maybe our Prince will ride in with the invite!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    well.....i'm sorry but i think most of the people on here that havn't been would just be so jazzed to go that they would respect the place and keep it tidy so that excuse doesn't really hold up.

I'd go! lol we've been dreaming of club 33 in my home since i was about 6, i honestly don't see it happening anytime soon though as my family isn't very affluent.

I agree! I don't think there is anyone that would do something to ruin what could be a wonderful event. It never even came into my head that someone would actually do something harmful or damaging there. We are Mice Chatters...we don't trash we bash!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Well, the term Exclusive unfortunately means they need to EXCLUDE most of the human population to make it (even more) special.

That being said, I would go in a heartbeat and be incredibly grateful to anyone who could get me in!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• DCA lover

I think it's a good idea. Unfortunately I don't have a membership, but if someone were to organize a trip to Club 33, I'd be in.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

In all fairness, do we want just anybody going to Club 33? I mean, if that were to happen, then that reduces Club 33 as just another restaurant in the park, no different from the Blue Bayou or Tomorrowland Terrace.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    In all fairness, do we want just anybody going to Club 33? I mean, if that were to happen, then that reduces Club 33 as just another restaurant in the park, no different from the Blue Bayou or Tomorrowland Terrace.
    No, not just anybody....just Micechaters!