Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

CM's that take special notice

This is an Appreciate CM's thread! yay...

OK so I have two in mind. Since I don't go there very often (once a year) the ones that stick in my mind are special.

This one guy who works on TOT. I have seen him there EVERY time I've gone since it's opened (like 4 times). I wish I knew his name but I always forget/forget to look. He's shorter, and really nice and jolly.

This one tour guide I had. I grew up with a speach impediment, and this guy had a horrible stutter. So I knew what it was like trying to talk to people and being scared of what they think. I thought he is brave to do that sort of job that requires constant talking, and an example for anyone who has a similar condition. This one lady in our group finished a word for him which he was stuttering on for about 5 or 10 seconds...I felt for him.

Anyways, what CM's hold a special place in your heart or are very memorable?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Re: CM's that take special notice

I had one cm at TOT who was really in character. He was freaky, almost to the point of being kind of mean, but in a funny way. Everytime the door would open, whether the door to the elevator, or after the ride was over, heŽd be RIGHT there in this weird freaky pose. When he gave his little safety spiel heŽs glare at us, and heŽd start out loud and end up muttering. It was kind of awkward, but very fun! hahaha
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Comin' at ya!

anyone else?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Minion

Blog Entries

um...havn't been in a long time, but theres a really hot guy that works on pirates, lol

i believe he was off the market however....

but seriously? i'll add sme after my trip, lol

Two come to mind, one doesn't work there anymore. She was in wardrobe. We first met her because she is a relative of a co-worker of mine. She actually met us at the park on her time off and walked around with us, pointed out stuff, etc. She became a friend of the family. We ended up going to her wedding and we still keep in touch. Once, she was working backstage wardrobe for the Alladin Dinner Show. We were supposed to meet her there. I told several hostesses, waiters, etc that she is back stage expecting us and they would go back stage and come back out and say she isn't here today. I had talked to her on the phone that morning as she was leaving for work. So they had a belly-dance contest and were asking for volunteers. We were just sitting there and one of the girls on stage comes over to me and addresses me by name and brings me on stage. Of course I had been had. Our friend was back their all along. That was SOOO cool.

Of course, my favorite CM, is my personal friend Maynard. I don't have to explain about HIM right ? LOL. But he is also a good friend outside of being a CM at DL, so maybe that doesn't count ?
    Gawrsh !!

• Premium Youngling and

Well of course Maynard is at the top of the list but after that, it seems that the great CM's work on the ToT. There is a guy named Travis who is ALWAYS in character and does a great job. There was a big guy named Mike who was really cool but now works at the Animation Building and then there is an older guy who always wears white gloves and a lanyard with about 2000 pins on it, I think his name is Mike also. At the last meet I went to, we went on the ToT and Mike(?)(the second one) knew we were from Mice Chat. He made a joke about "whatever happens in the hotel stays in the hotel (because he knew we would make a thread about our trips with pictures)." It was one of those had-to-be-there kinda jokes but he had us all laughing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    Well of course Maynard

You got that right!

• Minion

Blog Entries

thought of some

the ladies and gents of the canoes, they have to be out there in the heat and cold, row all day and be funny

good job guys!

• I'll pencil this in later

Im going to DL tomorrow, I'll tell ya'll about the CM's i meet

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Kathy at Timepieces on Main Street is Awesome - haven't seen her much thought. Ruth at Timepieces is AWESOME too! She help us so much with trying to unsucessfully find an item. She's a doll.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Well, even though he has passed on to a better place, our favorite CM is still George, a conductor with the Railroad. Even though he looked older than dirt (no offense), he was as spry as a teenager. He always took the time to talk with the kids and we even are fortunate enough to have a few pics of him with them.

We always figured that he was a CM from back when DL first opened, but that wasn't the case. He sure looked (and acted) the part though.

R.I.P. George... We miss you.

• Banned User

Cliff from the Disneyland Railroad.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Um, a certain skipper on the Jungle Cruise He just does his job well and is plain nice to look at. :o
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

My favorite CM off the top of my head is Jeff, who almost always can be seen working Space Mountain. Saw him twice today, accepting fastpasses from guests. He's a cool guy.

• I'll pencil this in later

I remember 2 CM's at th VMK kiosk, they were really nice and we were taljking to them for quite a while, just laughing lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast