Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: January 3rd - Disneyland is "Full" before Noon, Sub Lagoon partially filled

Why are the parks so crowded?! It's supposed to be the off season!

Saw John Lasseter today on his way to the subs

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Karnever View Post
    Saw John Lasseter today on his way to the subs
    That's almost like seeing Walt...

We were leaving for lunch and he was comming in through TDA

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Many schools have adjusted their Winter Vacations to make sure that they don't return until after Three Kings Day (the 12th day of Christmas), as many students (and their parents) go home (mainly Mexico) and will stay until after the 5th, and they don't care about unexcused absences.

The School Districts were losing too much money, since they get paid for students in attendance. So they changed the schedule to keep the amount lost to a minimum.

Since many kids have the week off, and the SoCal promotion started today (but the advertising started on the 1st), you filled up the park.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sock Puppet

Uncle Joe Benson...I laughed when I heard that. Seems like I can deal with Space Mountain. Too bad the song on Screamin is terrible....

• no flash photography...

my daughter is off school for one more week and non of the passes are blocked out anymore. Usually when there are no block out days after haveing so many everyone comes back in droves....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Any guesses as to how early you need to be there on Friday to get into the park?
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Any guesses as to how early you need to be there on Friday to get into the park?
    Latest 10am.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Just had an idea, when the walls are finally down do you think we could get like a before and after shot? It'd be easier to make out all the changes.. Minus the obvious new cave.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    That's almost like seeing Walt...
    i couldn't agree more.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Many schools have adjusted their Winter Vacations to make sure that they don't return until after Three Kings Day (the 12th day of Christmas), as many students (and their parents) go home (mainly Mexico) and will stay until after the 5th, and they don't care about unexcused absences.

The School Districts were losing too much money, since they get paid for students in attendance. So they changed the schedule to keep the amount lost to a minimum.

Since many kids have the week off, and the SoCal promotion started today (but the advertising started on the 1st), you filled up the park.
    That's a bullcrap reason and I hate it but yes I was aware that the year after I graduated high school they extended their breaks. Pfff.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I don't think accomodating holidays that affect a large part of the population is "bull crap" Is an Easter break "bullcrap" ? What about Thanksgiving and Christmas?

As long as the schools have the required number of days, who cares when the breaks begin or end?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

That's a bullcrap reason and I hate it but yes I was aware that the year after I graduated high school they extended their breaks. Pfff.
    The breaks weren't extended, they were just moved. According to the Anaheim Union High School district web page Winter Break officially started Christmas Day, as school was in session until Friday the 22nd.

School starts on the 8th. It's a two-week break. Nothing weird going on here.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

LA Unified went to three weeks of Christmas Vacation
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast