• My Children's Father

Question Converting 3-day PH to AP

Question for you guys:

I'm planning a trip to the DL Resort for November (week of Thanksgiving). My out-of-state brother and his son were wanting to spend 4 days there, probably the 20th - 23rd (Sunday-Wednesday). He'll naturally be getting 4-day parkhoppers, which feature the $10 gamecard at ESPN Zone and a "Magic Morning" (early Fantasyland entry).

Whichever ticket media I choose to purchase for my wife, my kids, and myself, we'll probably be converting our tickets into APs (not sure yet which kind).

If we get 3 or 4-day parkhoppers, we would also get the gamecard and Magic Morning. My question is this ..... If we convert to APs before we use the Magic Morning and gamecard, do we "lose" those features?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Yes, but why...

Your ParkHopper price can be used as a credit to upgrade to an AP.... Just use the ParkHopper, and all the benefits (such as Early Entry and the ESPN Zone card) during your stay, and upgrade on the LAST day of your trip. This way you avoid the worry of Blockout days. The one big rule you need to worry about is the fact that you have to UPgrade, so make sure the cost of the ParkHopper is less than the cost of the AP you want to buy.

• My Children's Father

One reason I might convert "early" would be to save on parking ..... I'm not sure yet if we'll be staying at a walking-distance hotel ..... of course if we use the "benefits" on Day 1 it won't matter. I recall that Magic Mornings are not every day ......... is there a schedule somewhere?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    One reason I might convert "early" would be to save on parking ..... I'm not sure yet if we'll be staying at a walking-distance hotel ..... of course if we use the "benefits" on Day 1 it won't matter. I recall that Magic Mornings are not every day ......... is there a schedule somewhere?
    Buy your ParkHoppers from AAA and get free parking.

Currently Early Mornings are offered on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays.

• My Children's Father

Ahhh .......Thanks Dark Beer!