AP renewal question

Ok, I thought I saw a post about this earlier this week but I couldn't find it now so sorry if I'm posting the same question. If you renew your AP online before it expires then you go to the park without the new AP card can you still get in? Should I just bring the confirmation that I got a new AP with me if I go to the park before I get my new AP in the mail?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: AP renewal question

Quote Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
    Ok, I thought I saw a post about this earlier this week but I couldn't find it now so sorry if I'm posting the same question. If you renew your AP online before it expires then you go to the park without the new AP card can you still get in? Should I just bring the confirmation that I got a new AP with me if I go to the park before I get my new AP in the mail?
    I think the
    answer is yes
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Yep, all the old data associated with your original AP account (including photo) is transferred to your new renewal AP. By the way, the new AP design is...unpleasant? Yes? No?

Yeah I don't like the design of the "special" AP, it's not that spectacular to me. But then again I never really cared that much for mickey mouse so thats probably why I don't like the design.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Yes, I got the card with the castle on it. It's an AP to Disneyland. What is so special about having Mickey and Goofy on the card? That card could be associated with any of the parks, but the castle is special to Disneyland only.

• I Can Show You the World

I've always wondered why they can't add the option of letting you choose your favorite character on your AP. One would think that the age of computers and id card printers that you should be able to do this. I for one would flip for the chance to have Scrooge McDuck on my AP! He's my fav character, and quite hard to find in the parks, let alone on any merchandise.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I have heard (here on MC) that if you renew before your current AP expires, and they process the transaction, your "old" AP will not work even though the expiration date hasn't passed. You need to use the new AP to get in.

But in reality, when we were faced with that situation (still possessed the old card but hadn't received the new one and it was prior to the expiration date) and went to the Park, we were able to use our "old" AP for both entry and Fastpasses. No questions asked.

When we got home, our new AP's were in the mailbox.

???

Good luck!

•   

Your old AP will continue to work until its original expiration date passes. Effectively, you can have two AP's at the same time, but since both share the same account #, it is of little use.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Your old AP will continue to work until its original expiration date passes. Effectively, you can have two AP's at the same time, but since both share the same account #, it is of little use.
    But, when you go thru the turnstiles, it will beep and tell them the AP is no longer valid. They will look at the date and ask if you just renewed. You say yes and they then process it manually and on you go.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    But, when you go thru the turnstiles, it will beep and tell them the AP is no longer valid. They will look at the date and ask if you just renewed. You say yes and they then process it manually and on you go.
    This has never been my experience.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    OR - you can go to guest relations with your reciept and get a complimentary pass for the day.
    Minnietoo

•   
    • I <3 °o°

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is wrong, when I renewed, they sent me a new one and said the old one is invalid don't use it, i still got all my days, but the extras from the old one were transfered to the new one. I'll try and find the paper that says that
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is wrong, when I renewed, they sent me a new one and said the old one is invalid don't use it, i still got all my days, but the extras from the old one were transfered to the new one. I'll try and find the paper that says that
    I used mine last year after I received the new one, but before the old AP's expiration date. This informaton was not "wrong" last year. ???