Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Huh?

Re: Where's the Space in Space Mountain, Now?

Quote Originally Posted by linklewtt View Post
    ^^Lincoln's not gone. it's only be out for about 3 years, and only because of the 50th. Disney promised it would return too.
    Disney has promised lots of things would return with no sign of them coming back. For those wanting Lincoln back, the only thing you can hope is that they don't use this as the excuse to close it finally. They've been trying to do it for about 30 years or more, after all.
    -Tim

• The pride is back.

I think some people live to gripe.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    I think some people live to gripe.
    True.

When it comes down to it, those that have APs should count themselves as lucky since they have something that some of us can only dream of. I don't understand why, when they have something that great, why they would complain about their treasure.

Believe me. Something is better than nothing.
    -Tim

Goodness.

Another thread about the same thing, esentially.

*yawn*

-R

• Comin' at ya!

Although I wansn't actually there, I saw a video of the new space mountain. I think it looks like it'd be fun to go on like once...but that's about it. Thanksfully, they'll bring back the old theme in a few months.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>Sure, many things might not be quite up to par to what it used to be, but why complain about temporary changes?<<

Temporary changes like Sleeping Beauty Castle closure, Tarzan Treehouse, Walt's "borrowed" office, EPCOT hand/wand sign, D-MGM sorcerer hat, Club Buzz, Jack Sparrow, Lincoln closure, the "relocation" of Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock, Aladdin's Oasis, Big Thunder Ranch, Gummy Gulch, Afternoon Avenue, abandoned Peoplemover tracks...? Poor temporary changes sometimes have a way of becoming permananent when accountants don't want to reinvest.
    Wow, a lot of those were not presented as temporary changes. Disney made it clear that Tarzan was taking over the treehouse permanently, same with the Jack Sparrow additions to Pirates. Aladdin's Oasis and Big Thunder Ranch never promised to return, they simply closed due to multiple factors, one being lack of public support. Gummy Glen and Afternoon Avenue were temporary because I sure don't see Duckburg next to IASW anymore. Club Buzz was obviously temporary seeing as it is gone now. And as for the Peoplemover tracks, nobody said anything about temporary. Rocket Rods permanently replaced the Peoplemover. And when they realized they skimped on too much of the budget, they announced that the Rocket Rods would not be returning.

I have no fear in Rockin' Space Moutain taking over. It is a simple layover designed to keep people coming in the slower season. CEO's don't need to "reinvest" to change it back, just basically flick a few switches to disable the lights and turn on the stars.

And Space Mountain is a fairly open theme. Flying through space. There are no lights in space? It would be one thing if they were adding rock and roll to Splash Mountain, but it's an enclosed coaster. I already thought the move away from Dick Dale's futuristic and ominous music to the in your face adventure music was a step back as far as theming. Space Mountain is cavernous and themed with cool lighting (purples and blues) and creates a cold feeling and darker themes. The new music fits something much sleeker and warm, with red and yellow hues and more human warmth felt in the design. Does the new music destroy the ride? Nope. I liked the old music better, but the ride is still just as fun. Same with this temporary layover.

Don't be scared of a temporary marketing ploy. It's not like Disney had left the Haunted Mansion to rot and are thinking about not reinvesting in turning it back to the original mansion. No, the layover comes and goes and the original still gets plussed as well. Don't fear change.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Disney has promised lots of things would return with no sign of them coming back. For those wanting Lincoln back, the only thing you can hope is that they don't use this as the excuse to close it finally. They've been trying to do it for about 30 years or more, after all.

Many of the average guests don't even know the attraction exists ..

On another note, change sucks sometimes, but it has to happen.

Walt said Disneyland will never be finished. The reason being is that he wanted it to keep changing and he wanted to keep experimenting with new ideas that could be used in the park.

I see this as only being temporary and have a feeling it will end with the Year of a Million Dreams and return to normal after that.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Club Buzz wasn't "temporary" on purpose as that thing was actually rebuilt rather than just redressing tomorrrowland terrace. Either way, i'm most happy that it was only "temporary".

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    True.

When it comes down to it, those that have APs should count themselves as lucky since they have something that some of us can only dream of. I don't understand why, when they have something that great, why they would complain about their treasure.

Believe me. Something is better than nothing.
    I agree. I wish I could have that opportunity as well .

Every day at Disneyland is a show. It's a production inasmuch as anything on a conventional stage.

If the show is degraded just so the people who frequent it can have a change, then you should feel sorry for the people who don't get a chance to visit Disneyland as often as you do. Some wait their entire lives for such an opportunity.

You have to ask yourself, though, without the space in Space Mountain, what does a person really have? The question goes to the very nature of Disneyland. Should Disneyland take illusions and destroy them? Should Disneyland care how one attraction relates to the theme of an entire area? Should Disneyland become a place with roller coasters in warehouses with a bunch of flashing lights?

If you can't suspend your disbelief and pretend you are in space when you visit the real Space Mountain, then I feel sorry for you. But, that, ultimately, is what Disneyland is all about.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    You have to ask yourself, though, without the space in Space Mountain, what does a person really have?
    Now this is the kind of crazy I love to see on this forum. Keep on preaching brother.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

If the show is degraded just so the people who frequent it can have a change, then you should feel sorry for the people who don't get a chance to visit Disneyland as often as you do. Some wait their entire lives for such an opportunity.
    Some think it was degraded & some think it was upgraded.

Disneyland has to change. The officials can not say, "Oh we better keep things the same for those people who may only visit Disneyland once or twice in their lifetime." They didn't keep attractions such as "Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland" or "Adventures Through Inner Space" around for me, and I would have loved to see them in person. But change has to happen. So if the people miss out on riding these rides before they change or get closed, that's not Disney's fault.

• Closed Account

I wonder if we can make requests for what music we want to hear during the ride on either Rockin'....seems like a great idea! Guest interactive with ride. A little Rob Zombie on the next go around...thank you!

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Now this is the kind of crazy I love to see on this forum. Keep on preaching brother.
    ROFL!

• Infinitized!

How come they didn't do a Rockin' Thunder Mountain? Just imagine... you are on the ride while Thunderstruck by ACDC is blaring out of the speakers...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast