Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Where's the Space in Space Mountain, Now?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    I think some people live to gripe.

Yes, and others live....

...FOR GRAPES!

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    How come they didn't do a Rockin' Thunder Mountain? Just imagine... you are on the ride while Thunderstruck by ACDC is blaring out of the speakers...
    Hehe, the boring response would be that they don't want to spend the cash to fix up the train to include speakers for every passenger. With Space and Screamin, it's already there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    It's in Paris, Tokyo, Florida, and Hong Kong.
    It's also in the name of the ride and...um...it's on the photos you buy...wait...where IS the Space in Space Mountain???
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• ...TWO BITS!

Maybe that's why it's better to call it "Rock It Mountain" instead of "Rockin' Space Mountain"

I liked the original font better than the current ones.

I think there's a "story gap" in explaining why guests are rocketing through a concert. Should have been explained in the "space orbiting screensaver" in the loading room. Like project a space control room and explain what "Rocket It Mountain" is about.

PS, I think the safety videos in SM's queue specifically say/mention "SPACE mountain". Did Disney even alter the video to add "Rockin'"?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Maybe that's why it's better to call it "Rock It Mountain" instead of "Rockin' Space Mountain"

I liked the original font better than the current ones.

I think there's a "story gap" in explaining why guests are rocketing through a concert. Should have been explained in the "space orbiting screensaver" in the loading room. Like project a space control room and explain what "Rocket It Mountain" is about.
    I heartily agree to all of the above!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    PS, I think the safety videos in SM's queue specifically say/mention "SPACE mountain". Did Disney even alter the video to add "Rockin'"?
    No, and it's really too bad.

• The Happiest Cynic

I have absolutely no idea why "pragmatic" is in front of your name when clearly everything you say is purely ridiculous idealism, followed by "disappointment" that Disney didn't "live up" to whatever your latest idealistic nonsense is.

Given that every thread you start is negative, whiny crap, I have to wonder why you're still allowed to post here. It's clear you have a single-minded agenda and are not interested in real discussion whatsoever, just endless whining and moaning about how oh-so-horrible everything is now, and the occasional attention-grab thread like "I'm not renewing my annual pass this year because they didn't do what I wanted!" like it's some kind of threat that you won't be able to enter a place you clearly hate without paying full admission anymore.

Get over yourself. If you hate the place so much, why bother coming to a community that's about constructive debate?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwami View Post
    I have absolutely no idea why "pragmatic" is in front of your name when clearly everything you say is purely ridiculous idealism, followed by "disappointment" that Disney didn't "live up" to whatever your latest idealistic nonsense is.

Given that every thread you start is negative, whiny crap, I have to wonder why you're still allowed to post here. It's clear you have a single-minded agenda and are not interested in real discussion whatsoever, just endless whining and moaning about how oh-so-horrible everything is now, and the occasional attention-grab thread like "I'm not renewing my annual pass this year because they didn't do what I wanted!" like it's some kind of threat that you won't be able to enter a place you clearly hate without paying full admission anymore.

Get over yourself. If you hate the place so much, why bother coming to a community that's about constructive debate?
    This is constructive debate?

Why don't you address my points, if you have anything constructive to say?

• Blood Type:Mint Julep!

Whoa!
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?

• Minion

Idea:

Here's a compromise to make the remainder of the promotion work - - Why not switch the true "Space" Mountain dark cosmic effects back on but keep the advertised, obligatory Chili Peppers soundtrack until May.

That way the marketing music is there, but the illusion and premise of Space Mountain is preserved. At least then a percentage of people won't walk off so upset...

• Infinitized!

Next they'll do a Disco Star Tours going to the music of MECO.

• Minion

>>Next they'll do a Disco Star Tours going to the music of MECO.<<

Boss!

• The Happiest Cynic

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    This is constructive debate?

Why don't you address my points, if you have anything constructive to say?
    What "points" are you making? It's always the same; "it's not as good as it used to be". Nearly every single "argument" or "point" you post can be boiled down to exactly that - there's a Disneyland in your head and the one that actually exists can't live up to it, and for whatever reason you blame the park itself for that rather than your own completely unrealistic expectations.

They switch up the rides sometimes to bring in repeat customers during the "off-season", which is roughly now through spring break. I'm sure this has been said over and over and over and over again and I guess that explanation isn't good enough for you. It's a temporary change in the first place, and yet you're complaining as though the ride will never be the same, and oh how they've ruined your magical space journey to the stars with their evil contemporary rock music.

Here's a tip: if it upsets you so much, how about simply not riding Space Mountain until the summer, when they switch it back to normal? Oh wait, you're not renewing your annual pass, which you mentioned in another thread. So why do you even care at all anymore?

Constructive, meaningful criticism is one thing. Endless whining and moaning over the same topic every single time some change is made to the park - "why isn't it as good as it used to be" (which translates into "why isn't it as good as I personally think it should be") is not constructive nor is it worthwhile. The fact that nearly everything you say is down these lines makes it no mystery what your real purpose is here.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    I wonder if we can make requests for what music we want to hear during the ride on either Rockin'....seems like a great idea! Guest interactive with ride. A little Rob Zombie on the next go around...thank you!
    This struck me as a fantastic idea. Have about 5 buttons that you can press to change the music. But you'd have to have the user select their music before the ride starts I think or they'd be messing with it during the ride and maybe miss some of it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think adding disco music to Space Mountain is a great idea!

When it opened it was in the 70's and when I finally got the guts to ride it 70's disco music was in full swing. This may sound funny, but sometimes when I am in line I am reminded of these days, especially the outside part of the queue because it hasn't changed all that much since those days. Imagine the ride with YMCA or Disco Inferno blasting in the background!

What "points" are you making? It's always the same; "it's not as good as it used to be". Nearly every single "argument" or "point" you post can be boiled down to exactly that - there's a Disneyland in your head and the one that actually exists can't live up to it, and for whatever reason you blame the park itself for that rather than your own completely unrealistic expectations.

They switch up the rides sometimes to bring in repeat customers during the "off-season", which is roughly now through spring break. I'm sure this has been said over and over and over and over again and I guess that explanation isn't good enough for you. It's a temporary change in the first place, and yet you're complaining as though the ride will never be the same, and oh how they've ruined your magical space journey to the stars with their evil contemporary rock music.

Here's a tip: if it upsets you so much, how about simply not riding Space Mountain until the summer, when they switch it back to normal? Oh wait, you're not renewing your annual pass, which you mentioned in another thread. So why do you even care at all anymore?

Constructive, meaningful criticism is one thing. Endless whining and moaning over the same topic every single time some change is made to the park - "why isn't it as good as it used to be" (which translates into "why isn't it as good as I personally think it should be") is not constructive nor is it worthwhile. The fact that nearly everything you say is down these lines makes it no mystery what your real purpose is here.
    What do you think the question that serves as the title to this thread means? The query is intended to provoke a thoughtful response.

What defines Disneyland? What differentiates it from amusement parks that deal in the realm of cheap thrills?

Disneyland has no roller coasters, rockin' or otherwise.

Disneyland has runaway mine trains, Alpine bobsleds, and rocket ships. Rockin' Space Mountain, however, is a roller coaster and nothing more.

"Disneyland will give meaning to the pleasure of children and pleasure to the experience of adults," said Walt Disney.

Do you find meaning in Rockin' Space Mountain, Rocket Rockers? ... in the words, "You rocked the universe!"? ... in the flashing lights? ... in the visible tracks? ... in the silhouettes of dancers projected on the walls?

The now-departed John Hench, one of Disney's resident intellectuals, was responsible for much of the work done on Space Mountain when it opened in the 1970's, and I can't help but think that, if he was alive today, he would say that he liked Rockin' Space Mountain better when it was an employee parking lot. The people behind this overlay have completely ignored the original design intent behind the attraction, and they have delivered to Disneyland something that could just as easily be found at a Six Flags park.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast