Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Enjoy Disneyland.....Bah!!!

This is in response to no specific poster, or thread.

I'm am constantly dumbfounded by the attitude of AP'ers towards their beloved Disneyland. They complain and moan about every detail of the magic kingdom to the point that their love for it is defined by the layers of paint on the walls. I have in times (including this newest revamp "rockin") been disappointed with the changes made, but never has my love, or enjoyment been effected. Disneyland is place that is trying it's hardest to maintain a level of quality while the rest of the business world is slitting the throats of their competitors. And if wee sit back and reflect, a theme park in it's 51st year really is getting plenty of TLC. New attractions, and "plussing" year after year keep it new and exciting, and while they may make a few wrong turns now and then, the overall park remains a safehaven for those who will enter it's gates.

For me, I'll never let anything diminish my enjoyment in the happiest place on earth, and I hope that some of you out there feel the same.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Enjoy Disneyland.....Bah!!!

As it has been posted endless times, most MCers fiercely love DLR, and are over-protective in regards to "changes"--even temporary overlays. Are we really gonna start this one again?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I feel your sentiments.

Sometimes, one has to look at the big picture, sigh, smile and just enjoy life.

Er, I wouldn't just point a finger at AP's, though. There are many without them that complain just as much, as there are many APs that continue to enjoy the park and love to go for a whole day every visit (like myself).

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I feel your sentiments.

Sometimes, one has to look at the big picture, sigh, smile and just enjoy life.

Er, I wouldn't just point a finger at AP's, though. There are many without them that complain just as much, as there are many APs that continue to enjoy the park and love to go for a whole day every visit (like myself).
    Yep. Im an APer and when I go to the park, I get there when it opens and stay as late as my schedule allows. Every time.I dont go to the park looking for things to complain about, I go to have a good time. Its the one place I can go where I can be happy and forget all my worries.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• The pride is back.

Yes, some people complain way too much.

BUT PLEASE STOP PAINTING AP HOLDERS WITH THE SAME BRUSH.

• Banned User

I think i wasn't very clear, because I myself am an AP'er. I meant most who complain are AP'ers and those where who I was talking about.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    This is in response to no specific poster, or thread.

I'm am constantly dumbfounded by the attitude of AP'ers towards their beloved Disneyland. They complain and moan about every detail of the magic kingdom to the point that their love for it is defined by the layers of paint on the walls.

I think what you are seeing here with the AP'ers who seem to complain about Disneyland are just a very vocal few. Most Ap'ers I know and know of enjoy Disneyland and do not spend their every waking moment complaining about Disneyland (or DCA or WDW). Most folks do not spend their time looking for chipped paint (not my job, Disney can look for chipped paint and repaint and they usually do, but sometimes someone else spots it first, too bad). Most folks I know speind their time at any of the parks in awe, just soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying their very little time away from the rigors of the "real world", and so very thankful that they have such a place to get away from it all.

Many Ap'ers I know are busy planning and looking forward to their next trip to Disneyland (be it a weekly visit or a yearly visit). I know folks who go to WDW almost as often as I and some who go only once every couple of years, and they spend countelss hours planning and planning every detail of their trips. I have some friends who start planning their next vacation as soon as they get home (I think they are secretly planning while on vacation, but that's another story). The vacation they plan, at least one in three is to a Disney Park.

I think what we see her on MC is, as I said a very vocal few who like the attetintion they get by complaining. (hey, they got your attention)

Just MHO, YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    For me, I'll never let anything diminish my enjoyment in the happiest place on earth, and I hope that some of you out there feel the same.
    There are some things that sometime diminish my enjoyment, but never as much as I do enjoy. I will visit any and all Disney parks I can for as long as I can move my body there.

This entire post is an opinion piece, not a debate! Not a response to a debate. This is MY opinion, MY experiences, so for thise who love to debate, there is no need to debate this post! But you can if you want.

Lastly, I in no way mean to diminish or make light of anything Dirton said on the subject, I don't mean to attack his/her or post, just point out my experiences in hopes of helping Dirton and others see a different side to AP'ers. Many of us really, really enjoy Disneyland and maybe we just need to ignore the vocal very few folks who always seem to be complaining.

CU@DL

Andy
    Last edited by CUatDL; 01-04-2007 at 09:45 AM.
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

*sigh*
    Why the hate?
    ...the AP hate?
    I'm an AP.
    And I like to think I'm a "good" guest. (whatever that means)
    I spend money. I take pictures. I have fun. I even smile at people, hold doors open, and say "excuse me" if I bump someone.
    Isn't Micechat for lovers of Disney? Shouldn't this be a happy place?
    So, I ask again...
    Why the hate?
    *sigh*

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I am only a recent AP'er. But I was born in Glendale in 1968 and have lived within the DL area all of my life, living in Orange County since 1972. I complain about the place just as much as I support changes that I feel are appropriate due to my personal experience of having grown up with the park for my entire life.

I don't think this is because I am an AP'er but because I have grown up with the park and it is an integral part of my life -- AP or not. It is a part of who I am. Not only that, but I feel that since I do have the privilege of having this park be a part of my life I feel I have a responsibility to make sure that this special place continues to produce the quality that I have been accustomed to, so that persons who may not be as fortunate as me, and live far away, can experience Disneyland in the same way that I always had the fortune to do.

• The pride is back.

I guess there's so much AP hate cos it's a "different look at Disney."

• Minion

''Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved." - - Walt Disney

How can the students of his legacy do any less?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    ''Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved." - - Walt Disney

How can the students of his legacy do any less?
    I've said it once and I'll say it again ' MERLINJONES you should be President of the Resort!'

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Who's the more foolish? The complainer or the complainer who complains about the complainer?

Don't answer... it's just my way of getting some sort of star wars reference in my daily routine.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hooterville, USA

If there was no complainin' there would be nothing new to write about.

There are only so many threads you can start about DL before they are hashed and rehashed.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Shredder

I posted this somewhere else but I guess it fits this one too!

Usually I can't stop criticizing the upkeep and updates the park receives but now, I can't be more grateful for what we do get! When you look at places like WDW and Magic Mountain, those places are in terrible shape in comparison to our beloved Disneyland. So you can keep on complaining and critiquing the place to your likeness but lighten up! Life's to short to criticize the place that we all call home and way to long not to be grateful for what you got.

Attractions like Buzz, Monster's Inc. and the Subs are great additions to the resort and I hope Disney never stops thinking of new ideas and concepts. With Midway Mania on the horizon and the Subs well on the way, they haven't stopped anything just yet! So you know what... for all you who don't want to renew... STAY OUT! You guys obviously are not appreciative enough to enjoy Walt's kingdom anyway and let's face it, the place could use one less body or two.

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast