Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

January 4th - Once Again, Disneyland is "Full:, and the Sub Lagoon is almost full

Stopped by quickly this afternoon, mainly to check the progress on the Sub Lagoon.

The signs around the Resort once again claimed Disneyland was "Full" (no more sales of single day tickets, but still allowing folks with AP's or pre-purchased tickets in).

Since I was only going to be around for just over an hour, parked in Downtown Disney and took the Monorail in. The Sub Lagoon looked almost full, maybe 80 to 90%, just low enough that the Subs stay on the floor and don't float, as they still work on cleaning up debris and other work.

Then headed to the Matterhorn for a ride on the attraction, and to grab some photos (only one good one came out) of the Lagoon.

And since that was about a 40 minute wait, went right back to the Monorail to head back to the DtD lot. Took a lot of pictures thru the mesh, so give me a few hours to do some digital magic and let you see the work inside.

Caught the workcrew removing the decorations from the Christmas tree at the Disneyland Hotel (in front of the Never Land Pool entrance), so a few shots of that.

Then on the way home, stopped by the Disneyland Welcome Center at the Doubletree Suites on Harbor, just a couple of blocks south of Harbor. For those last minute folks, it is MUCH cheaper to buy 3 day or more ParkHoppers here, since they basically honor the "Everyone at the Kid's Price" promotion thru April 26th (They are $5 more than online, the same price as buying the tickets at Good Neighbor Hotels front desks). That makes an Adult 3 day ParkHopper $45 cheaper than buying at the Main Entrance! Also basically no lines!

And then a few shots of the Ruth Chris's Steak House being built next door, which is scheduled for a February 2007 opening.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: January 4th - Once Again, Disneyland is "Full:, and the Sub Lagoon is almost full

I can't wait for the pics!

Are you sure it's a Ruth's Chris and not Mortons? Because I know they are almost done with a Mortons steakhouse on Harbor south of Katella.
    Last edited by Circarama; 01-04-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: January 4th - Once Again, Disneyland is "Full:, and the Sub Lagoon is almost full

Lookin' forward to it!

• my two sunshines

With the sub fulling, when we all meet at the end of Jan will there be a soft opening? Or is the soft opening later in April?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I can't wait for the pics!

Are you sure it's a Ruth's Chris and not Mortons? Because I know they are almost done with a Mortons steakhouse on Harbor south of Katella.
    Morton's has already opened, around mid-December. It is on the Sheraton Park property, basically right across the street from the "Strawberry Field" that is also known as the Buzz Lightyear Parking Lot.

Ruth Chris's is another 1/2 block down Harbor on the same side of the street.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Gumball Rally Godfather

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Morton's has already opened, around mid-December. It is on the Sheraton Park property, basically right across the street from the "Strawberry Field" that is also known as the Buzz Lightyear Parking Lot.

Ruth Chris's is another 1/2 block down Harbor on the same side of the street.
    There was an article I read that mentioned this is the first place in the country that Morton's and Ruth's Chris are going head to head like this with brand new restaurants a half block from each other opened within a few months time.

My hunch is that neither one knew the other one was planning on building a new restaurant when they signed the lease and moved forward on the building phase. It should be very interesting to see how these two places do so close to each other. Who knows, it could work wonders for Harbor Blvd. God knows it needs help.

I'm having dinner at this Morton's this weekend, and I also want to try out the Ruth's Chris when it opens later this winter. It is nice to have these two properties close to Disneyland, in addition to the locations they also have a few minutes down the freeway in Costa Mesa and Irvine.

• Silent Lucidity

Great photos as usual.

(chanting, Nemo, Nemo, Nemo...)

• Premium Youngling and

I cant wait to see them

•   
    • Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

I'm wondering: with the lagoon filled with water - will they take down those blasted walls? Probably not, for all the looky-loos (spelling?) would clog the walkway next to the Matterhorn.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i cant wait to see all the great pics

• Banned User

Why is Disneyland getting full now?

Great Pics

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Thanks for the update Darkbeer. Question, now that the lagoon is being filled, what still needs to be completed to the ride. I imagine programming of the videos, etc, but is it fair to assume that the subs may be entering a period of finilization and testing? And if so, what are the chances that the walls will be coming down since the majority of the experience will take place inside?

Thanks Darkbeer!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the update Darkbeer. It's interesting to see the recent progress of the Submarine lagoon.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast