Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strollers

Red Face Strollers

Ok I have 2, 4, & 6 year old. I'm thinking of bringing our little umbrella stroller we'll be park hopping for 3 days. Dose anyone know if it would be better to rent a stroller. Or does anyone have any pics with a rented stroller? Sorry I'm a micro planner and I like to have everything in order before we get there. If anyone can help I would appreciate it!
    Thanks,
    Angie

• Main Gypsy

Re: Strollers

Here is a pic of the stroller...

They are 8 bucks for the whole day and they can go between both parks but not to DTD. They do have a space underneath for storage, however DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE WHILE YOUR STROLLER IS UNATTENDED (that's what lockers are for )
    Hope that helps...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Umbrella strollers are probably your best bet.......

unless you are coming durring a crowded time of year where a triple wide with your 6 year old pushing might help act as a people plow and allow your family easy passage thru areas like
    Adventureland

Just in case no one caught the .....
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

If you are walking anywhere outside the 2 parks - your own stroller is nice to have. After a full day at the park - you may end up carrying a child back to the hotel. The first time we went, DH did not want to take our own stroller - and it was a complete pain in the airport, and back and forth to the Disneland Hotel after a full day in the park - we're pooped and we're lugging an even more worn out 3 yr old!

Wishing you a great vacation!

• We wants the Redhead

I agree with bringing your own if you plan on walking anywhere outside the park at the end of the day. We have a combi double that is very compact and folds very small. Plus it steers ike a dream in the Disneyland crowds...
    Janet
    John 3:16

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I go with bring your own. Not only to walk to your hotel (if youre staying at one of the DL hotels) but if youre not...you'll have to unload all your stuff from the rented stroller and possibly a sleeping child and carry all of that to DTD and then wait in line for the tram.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• It's all nonsense

If your child is comfy in the umbrella stroller all day then go for that. They are compact and can weave through crowds with the agility of a jungle cat. Go with the smallest stroller you can manage IMO, you'll be happy you did when you wade through the masses in Adventureland. If you absolutely need the storage, then maybe bring a backpack?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You all are so lucky, when my son started walking he HATED sitting in strollers.

Imagine walking throughout Disneyland with a toddler who wanted to either walk or be carried all over the place.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You all are so lucky, when my son started walking he HATED sitting in strollers.

Imagine walking throughout Disneyland with a toddler who wanted to either walk or be carried all over the place.
    I dont have to because I did it. I had a toddler who didnt want to be in a stroller AND a baby. We only took them both when they were that small one time though. We learned our lesson
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Be careful where you park that thing.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That's my 5 year old from day one. Carry me, carry me, carry me. As for the stroller thing, we used to bring umbrella strollers and they worked great. They are more compact and fold up to get out of the way.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I would go with bringing your own stroller along. Are you within driving distance or are you flying? If flying, you can take an umbrella stroller right to the gate with you and check it there, so the little one can not only catch a ride in the airport, but you have one less on feet to keep track of while trying to find the gate, drag the carry on's, etc. I'd recommend, if flying, to get to the gate very early and check the stroller and then let them roam around as much as possible before boarding to tire them out a bit.

If you are driving... forget I said all that. But, I'd still bring the stroller with you. They'll be more comfortable in their own stroller and you'll be quicker at folding it down when needed. We got one for our trip to WDW and it was the best purchase. It was so cheap but made it so easy. We could literally take her out of the stroller and hold her hand and still flip the stroller down to size with one hand while never pausing the line to load the bus or wherever.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Rock Star Minion

I'd wait a few years.

Otherwise, one double-long stroller and one umbrella stroller.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Umbrella strollers are probably your best bet.......

unless you are coming durring a crowded time of year where a triple wide with your 6 year old pushing might help act as a people plow and allow your family easy passage thru areas like
    Adventureland

Just in case no one caught the .....
    Yes, be sure your stroller strikes as many people in the back of the leg as possible, 'cause we who travel without children love that stuff!

We have seven children and even though they're now 7 to 23, we've been to Disneyland many times when they were of stroller age. We brought our own stroller only two times and that's because my in-laws came along and could tend to the stroller when we weren't using it. One time we rented a stroller and I MUCH prefer that. BUT, I'm of the school that any stroller is a headache, so I always walked slowly or carried kids/babies rather than used one. Never used one for over 3 yrs. (except at home for one that liked to play with it).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast