• A Ghost at Disneyland

Paradise Pier Concierge: How does it Compare?

I saw on the Disneyland site that the Paradise Pier Hotel has a concierge lounge and services. How do they compare to what you'd find if you stayed concierge at the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel?

I've also heard rumors that the offerings at the PPH-C have recently been upgraded. Is this true or bogus?

If anyone knows, its the people on Micechat! Thanks for your help!

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: Paradise Pier Concierge: How does it Compare?

I am not too sure about the concierge levels but I have heard that the DL hotel has the best concierge out of all 3 hotels! DLH also has the most secluded concierge because you must take a seperate elevator with a room key up to the top floor. The PPHC is on the second floor and is accessible by anyone(so is GCH). They are all very nice but apparently DLH stands out. I have also not heard of any "recent" changes to the PPHC.

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    I am not too sure about the concierge levels but I have heard that the DL hotel has the best concierge out of all 3 hotels! DLH also has the most secluded concierge because you must take a seperate elevator with a room key up to the top floor. The PPHC is on the second floor and is accessible by anyone(so is GCH). They are all very nice but apparently DLH stands out. I have also not heard of any "recent" changes to the PPHC.
    Thanks for the feedback Kronos! The floor to ceiling glass in the DLH Concierge makes for excellent fireworks viewing, plus when we were there they were serving these cute little half bottles of champagne and a great assortment of food items.

The GCH Concierge is more accessable to non-concierge folks than the DLH's Concierge, but to the CM's credit they checked room cards at the door. The offerings and amibiance seemed limited though. Another note on the accessability of the lounge - you do need a special card to get to the concierge floor, but just get off on the 5th floor and take a little stairway up to the 6th and you're there.

PPH concierge is on the 2nd floor? Hmm so much for viewing DCA while you're sipping your Cabernet. Anyone know what they serve there? How were your experiences there?

• I love this place!

We've done concierge at the GCH and PPH. Sorry, no info about DLH. It was a pain having to change floors to get to the concierge lounge at PPH, plus I consistently had a problem getting my room key to work on the locked concierge lounge door. Once I got in, it was fine, but that was a pain. Also, the PPH concierge has no windows, so obviously there's no viewing of anything going on at either park. On the other hand, the concierge at GCH was on the same floor as our room (5th I believe) and was much easier to get in and out of. Overall, I wouldn't bother with concierge at PPH, but I would definitely do it again at GCH. Would love to try DLH someday, too!
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by 5hr drive; 01-06-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: fixed word

I loved the DLH concierge, but since it doesn't come with the suites any more, I won't pay extra for it. We don't spend enough time at the hotel to make it worthwhile. I tried the fireworks from there once but I'd rather be up close, in the park. I do remember having trouble with access with my key there and I remember the glass elevator being out of service a lot.

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by 5hr drive View Post
    We've done concierge at the GCH and PPH. Sorry, no info about DLH. It was a pain having to change floors to get to the concierge lounge at PPH, plus I consistently had a problem getting my room key to work on the locked concierge lounge door. Once I got in, it was fine, but that was a pain. Also, the PPH concierge has no windows, so obviously there's no viewing of anything going on at either park. On the other hand, the concierge at GCH was on the same floor as our room (5th I believe) and was much easier to get in and out of. Overall, I wouldn't bother with concierge at PPH, but I would definitely do it again at GCH. Would love to try DLH someday, too!
    Hope this helps!
    Thats very informative, thanks 5hr drive! I'm not really into sitting a closed room and drinking my wine. It doesn't sound like a very inviting place to visit. Is that the case?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Never have done the concierge at any of the Hotels.....How much extra is the added service?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Never have done the concierge at any of the Hotels.....How much extra is the added service?
    I was messing around on cheaptickets.com and found these rates for the DLH:

$305 - regular room city view
    $370 - regular room with unknown view (did I say the site stinks?)
    $540 - concierge room with DTD or pool view

I believe it wouldn't be hard to do better than the above rates. Oh, this was for April 4 - 8th 2007.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I tell you is hard to get a room in the DHL than GCH Concierge room
    try book room for feb 23-24 use my DVC points.

End up Garden view Concierge room.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9