Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Huh?

Re: Which attraction should get the next holiday overlay?

I still say they should get rights to the Pogo characters (after all, it is somewhat Disney since Walt Kelly was an animator at Disney) and do Splash Mountain: Election Day Special.

Either that, or have "Deck Us All With Boston Charlie" playing for a holiday version.

Problem is, Pogo no longer has the popularity and awareness that he had throughout the 50s and 60s.

So, on a more realistic note, Monsters Inc. would do. I'd like to see that Sully in a Santa suit.

On a related note, I have seen a bit of a Jungle Cruise Christmas down at WDW... Chief Nami was once wearing the mouse ears Santa hat for a while (on a trip on April 1st).
    -Tim

There was a proposal some years ago for a Tiki Room holiday overlay. While it might be fun, I don't think the Tiki Room could handle the large crowds it would surely generate. The line and the wait would be unbearable. I can't think of any other Disneyland attractions that a holiday overlay sounds appealing to me. I'd be happy if they would just do holiday themed shows in the Fantasyland Theater again. I loved the old Magic Kingdom Yultide and Mickey's Nutcracker shows. A lot of you are probably too young to remember, but, they also used to do smaller holiday (and other) shows at the Carnation Gardens stage. It would have been nice if they'd changed up the Castle mini-show with the DL Band and characters to have a holiday theme.

I do like the idea of a holiday Muppets 3-D show, but who knows how long that attraction is going to be there. I also like the idea of holiday clips in Animation. They do have two big empty soundstage type buildings that they could throw holiday themed walk throughs in. The sets from Santa Claus 3 would have made for a nice walk through. DCA definitely needs more Christmas entertainment and activities. It's time to retire Surfer Santa. That's getting a bit old.

Actually, I'd love to see them do a permanent new attraction where you go through a beautiful "winter wonderland" type setting with snow and all. Perhaps a "Princess Ball" attraction. You could go through Belle's village all covered with snow and then travel through the forest to Beast's castle where Belle & Beast are hosting a ball with the Disney princesses. They could do a holiday overlay to it for the holiday season.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    The tram should have reefs and a Christmas tree strapped to the top of it.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I still like Mele Kalikimaka Tiki Room.
    I agree. We can have a good excuse to invite Zazu and Iago without it going "Under New Management". Like another reader said, can probably have the queue in Aladdin's Oasis carefully crossing over with the exit and Pineapple whip lines. Or queue the line with Plaza Inn...

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    A park wide Easter egg hunt would be great! Make them huge eggs, each with a different theme, available for photo ops!
    This sounds like a cool annual event. Then Rabbit from Pooh and Thumper from Bambi can make more appearances. Disney is working on a new "Disney Bunnies" line anyways, this would be a good way to push it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    There was a proposal some years ago for a Tiki Room holiday overlay. While it might be fun, I don't think the Tiki Room could handle the large crowds it would surely generate. The line and the wait would be unbearable. I can't think of any other Disneyland attractions that a holiday overlay sounds appealing to me. I'd be happy if they would just do holiday themed shows in the Fantasyland Theater again. I loved the old Magic Kingdom Yultide and Mickey's Nutcracker shows. A lot of you are probably too young to remember, but, they also used to do smaller holiday (and other) shows at the Carnation Gardens stage. It would have been nice if they'd changed up the Castle mini-show with the DL Band and characters to have a holiday theme.
    I have Mickey's Nutcracker in my youtube. I like the suggestions you made here.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Matterhorn holiday

... I think Harold's been hittin the eggnog a little hard this year
    He doesn't seem very cheerful!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• ...TWO BITS!

^

Harold: "EWW! Cooties!"

or

Harold: "AHH! Human!"

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperStandUp View Post
    I think its safe for a while. The money they spent on the last rehab was quite significant (no, I don't know the exact amount), plus we're still pulling in decent attendance numbers.
    Yeah, I ALWAYS see people at the Tiki Room, which is really astounding for a 40-year-old ride that never officially had any refurbs done. I mean, it was refurbished to be sure, but they never made a big fuss of it, like the new Space Mountain.

If they holiday'd the Tiki Room it would be a crowd control nightmare. That will never happen.

This is a tough question. For one, I think whoever first proposed HMH should be a vice president now because it was such a good idea... a holiday ride you can install in October, I mean seriously.

• Fastest Man Alive

Yeah, but you already have 2 E-Tickets that are down for a considerable amount of time each year (about 1.5 months) just for the holiday decorations installation/removal at around the same time.
    Sorry, I love Xmas, but shutting down significant portions of the park before and after the holidays is not good. There are several others. Storybookland Canal Boats could easily have a Valentine's Overlay for that season. Pretty much anything to do with Frontierland or the River can easily have a 4th of July overlay etc.

• Sock Puppet

they could put a universal orlando overlay on dca!

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    A park wide Easter egg hunt would be great! Make them huge eggs, each with a different theme, available for photo ops!
    I like that idea !!
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I want Disney to figure out a way to make Santa and his reindeer land near It's a Small World......levitate down the parade route, then take off again near Town Square.

Optical Camouflage is an available technology that could somehow be employed to make this a reality.
    Cool Idea !!
    Mark

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Matterhorn holiday

... I think Harold's been hittin the eggnog a little hard this year
    Nice Photoshop..whats the story behind the pic ?
    Mark

• Vintage

Definitely Toontown - and it should be decorated from the gangs perspective - like a crazy crooked christmas tree and big colorful bulbs. Each house should be decorated inside and out with the specific caracters traits - like acorns mixed with garland in Chip n' Dales Treehouse - insted of lights. This would make for great photo-ops also.

•   
    • I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyFvr View Post
    Nice Photoshop..whats the story behind the pic ?
    I have no idea, Neverlandtink used to have a pic of Harold without his hair as her avatar, so i sent her a message asking for a full size of it and she sent me this pic too.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• The pride is back.

My Top 10 Holiday/Seasonal Overlay Ideas:

10. Teacups filled with piping hot cider
    9. Casey Jr. Passover Train
    8. Add a scene to Snow White's Scary Adventures that includes a really bad New Year's Day hangover
    7. For St. Patrick's Day, Mara speaks with an Irish accent
    6. Remember...Taxes Come Due! fireworks during April
    5. Replace the water in Pirates with egg nog
    4. Bring back a beloved favorite for July 4th: the We the Peoplemover
    3. Paris Hilton's Virtual Reality Valentine's Day at Innoventions
    2. 3-D film "Arbor Day: The Story of Trees" replaces Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Attendance soars.
    1. Soarin' Over the First Thanksgiving

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Autopia.

Hear me out!

Holiday of the future! They can redress all the areas along the drive route with decorations of lights, christmas trees, Mickey & gang in their space outfits building snowmen, having snowball fights, whatever. Put fake snow all around so that it's like you're driving to a ski resort for the holidays.

2nd Idea is to have no attraction have a holiday overlay but to have all the disney characters walk around main street as they were seen in the Mickey Christmas Carol. I want my Scrooge McDuck walking around, dangit!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast