Well, according to this site: http://www.iesny.org/committees/lume...nners2002.aspx in 2002 the Mickey & Friends lot was the largest...
Mickey and Friends Parking Structure
The world's largest parking structure was built to replace surface parking used for the expansion of this theme park. Just seven different long life energy efficient fluorescent and metal halide lamps simplify maintenance. The project was brought in below budget by relying on simple fixtures tightly integrated with the architecture.
Not sure of the date, but this site http://greatstructures.info/canada.htm claims that the Edmonton Mall parking is the worlds largest at 20,000 spaces
Total Area: 49 hectares (121 acres), equivalent to 104 Canadian (115 American) football fields, or 5,300,000ft2.
- Total Construction Cost: CDN$1,200,000,000.00.
- Light Fixtures: 325,000.
- Entrances: 58.
- Stores: Over 800.
- Employment Opportunities: 23,500.
- Parking: Over 20,000 vehicles, World's largest.
- Indoor Lake: World's largest.
- Indoor Wave Pool: 2 hectares (5 acres); World's largest.
- Indoor Amusement Park: 37,160m2 (400,000ft2); World's Largest.
- Bungee Jumping: World's only indoor location (inside the water park).
- Hotel: 354 rooms, 118 of which are "themed".
- Annual Visitors: 20,000,000.
- Restaurants: 110.
- Movie Theatres: 19.Wikipedia (I know, not that reliable) states this about M&F - Most of the resort's parking today is handled by the six-level "Mickey and Friends" parking structure. With six levels and 10,250 parking spaces, it was for a short time the largest parking structure in the world. (oh, and they give largest to Edmonton Mall)
I could go on and on (wow, google is such a friend sometimes) but when I find actual threads on something called "google earth community: parking" http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat....c=&Search=true I have to stop. Or I'd be quoting all day long -
Parking at Detroit Metro Airport is easier and more convenient than ever before. With an 11,500-space parking structure which opened adjacent to the McNamara Terminal / Northwest WorldGateway in February of 2002, the airport now has nearly 17,000 available on-airport parking spaces."
I just started working at Universal Orlando Resort, and we were told that we have the largest parking structures in the World.
So, I will stop.