•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My Reason for visiting Disneyland on Jyly 17, 2005.

As I have stated many times before this, in my posts, I will be visiting Disneyland for the "FIRST" time beginning on July 16th and staying until the 22nd.

I am thrilled to death, tickled pink, and besides myself with glee, that I am finally able to visit Disneyland, and the bonus is this:

I will be able to be there on Disneyland's 50th Birthday.

50 years ago, Walt Disney opened the park. I have a video of that, and you can see the joy in his face upon the realization of his dream. They said it wouldn't last, but last it did and I will get to finally see it.

Circumstances of life have kept me away, too long. When the opportunity to travel to California and Disneyland opened up for me, I jumped at the chance. The added bonus is being able to share this with good friends, and my 12 year old grandson.

I can't imagine complaining about that which we have no control over. Things, such as crowds, and media, and ride renovations.

I am finally going to see Disneyland. I am almost 60 years old. It is a lifelong dream. You don't have to give me anything, but a good time. A goodtime includes:

A walk down Main Street.
    A smile on my grandson's face.
    A glance at the light in Walt's Apartment.
    A ride on Dumbo
    A glimpse of the castle.

I could go on and on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. I tend to view the 50th Anniversary as a celebration for all the Disney fans around the world to gather in all the Disney Parks and have a Fabulous Time. Be kind and courteous to your fellow park visitors. Smile at the cast members. Hum a little tune. OOOH and AAAHH. Life is so short. Disney makes my life so much better.

I can barely wait to finally visit Disneyland. I know I will not be disappointed.

I honestly believe, that if Disneyland were to magically disappear - its magic would still be in the hearts and minds of all who have gone there before me.

I'm coming in 54 days.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    That is the sweetest post ever. I hope that your first trip is truly spectacular and that you and your grandson have magical memories to last you a lifetime!!
    <<hugs>>

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Great post... I hope your trip is the most perfect, memorable experience you could hope for and more. You surely won't be disappointed.

Have fun, and if I see a nearly-60 year-old with a grandson I'll be sure to say hello

• My cuties!

You are going to have such a wonderful time!! (with such a positive attitude you can't help but to have a good time). We got back last week from our trip there with my mom and she LOVED being there with her grand-twins!

• Metal Head

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    As I have stated many times before this, in my posts, I will be visiting Disneyland for the "FIRST" time beginning on July 16th and staying until the 22nd.

I am thrilled to death, tickled pink, and besides myself with glee, that I am finally able to visit Disneyland, and the bonus is this:

I will be able to be there on Disneyland's 50th Birthday.

50 years ago, Walt Disney opened the park. I have a video of that, and you can see the joy in his face upon the realization of his dream. They said it wouldn't last, but last it did and I will get to finally see it.

Circumstances of life have kept me away, too long. When the opportunity to travel to California and Disneyland opened up for me, I jumped at the chance. The added bonus is being able to share this with good friends, and my 12 year old grandson.

I can't imagine complaining about that which we have no control over. Things, such as crowds, and media, and ride renovations.

I am finally going to see Disneyland. I am almost 60 years old. It is a lifelong dream. You don't have to give me anything, but a good time. A goodtime includes:

A walk down Main Street.
    A smile on my grandson's face.
    A glance at the light in Walt's Apartment.
    A ride on Dumbo
    A glimpse of the castle.

I could go on and on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. I tend to view the 50th Anniversary as a celebration for all the Disney fans around the world to gather in all the Disney Parks and have a Fabulous Time. Be kind and courteous to your fellow park visitors. Smile at the cast members. Hum a little tune. OOOH and AAAHH. Life is so short. Disney makes my life so much better.

I can barely wait to finally visit Disneyland. I know I will not be disappointed.

I honestly believe, that if Disneyland were to magically disappear - its magic would still be in the hearts and minds of all who have gone there before me.

I'm coming in 54 days.
    awesome..

I do hope you are not agoraphobic :devil:

have a great time
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    That is the sweetest post ever.
    My thoughts exactly!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    I am sure we will see people in here on the 18th Pissin and Moanin about the HUGE crowds, the Long Lines, and just the overall INSANITY of the Day.

As I have said in past posts, much of your Disneyland visit is also up to you! Ask 2 people the same question, One will say Oh The Crowds were Insane, the other will say the smiles on the children were beautiful! It is the same when some see the Rivers of America, they see a dirty waterway. Others See An Amazing River in an Amazing place.

Part of the Magic is up to us also. Never forget that and Disneyland will always be nothing short of GREAT!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Artsy Fartsy

I have to say you won't be dissapointed no mind the crowds. Have fun! Say Hi to my man Mickey for me.