Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Do Guest Comments matter?

As I impatiently wait for the film to come back from the lab...

There were some outstanding cast members, as always, who went above and beyond that we'd like to recognize; and there was one, in particular, we did not care for at all.

I was going to send off a snail mail to TDA and name names.

But does it really matter? If someone gets a hard compliment like that, does it mean anything? Conversely, if someone gets brought up in a negative light, will they be counselled about their behavior and performance? Anyone know or have any experiences to share?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I try to always email something positive about my trip to guest relations on the dl web site. The times I've had to email something negative I got responses rather quickly. And had the issue resolved just as quickly. I've never got more than the standard issue form letter when I've emailed something positive but I'm always hoping that it's gotten to the right person.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• insufferable know-it-all

Yes, and yes.

Getting written compliments from guests is a huge emotional high for CMs. The number of written compliments a CM receives is kept track of, and recognition is given to those CMs who receive an outstanding (7 or more, I believe) number of compliments per year.

If you write about a specific CM, they will receive a copy of the compliment (with names and addresses blacked out, of course).

If you complain, yeah, that's probably going to be addressed too, unless you complain because they're doing something the company wants them to do. That's up to management.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    If you complain, yeah, that's probably going to be addressed too, unless you complain because they're doing something the company wants them to do. That's up to management.
    Hmm. Well, what do you think? We had the experience of dealing with a very odious CM on parade traffic duty, who did no duty, talked to no guests other than to complain how people mispronounced their name, and spent the entire time talking to their fellow CM's rather than doing what they were there for? I felt as if guests were just an imposition to this person, things to be endured.

And I realize we all have tough days at work, but is it that hard for some people to smile once in a while?

They will be mentioned. The other five people who gave us exceptional service will also be mentioned, and I'm going to make sure it's on paper, so there's a record.

• CM for 4 years!

Guest compliments are kept track of, for sure, and after six months to a year, the CM you complimented will receive a card telling them about your compliment.

In the same vein, CM complaints are also kept track of. City Hall listens.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Guest compliments are kept track of, for sure, and after six months to a year, the CM you complimented will receive a card telling them about your compliment.

In the same vein, CM complaints are also kept track of. City Hall listens.
    Just to add to this, compliments are given to the CM's lead, and it's up to the lead if they want to say anything to the CM. At least that is the way City Hall splained it to me. I know that a compliment about Billy Hill went right to them that day, but a compliment I made on a CM in the Walt Disney Story didn't find it's way to that CM.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Matt Ouimet seems like the kind of guy who welcomes guest feedback.

• Sock Puppet

I generally didn't give a second thought to the comments from most guests until a small boy waiting in line for Peter Pan said "want yo' Begal, want yo' Begal!" It was at this point that I realized, wow, I would really like a Begal!

• Still wants to be a cat!

It never hurts to voice your opinion....please send the compliments and the complaints. Sounds like your experience went fairly well on the whole. Nice to have met you, next time you have to spend more time with us Micechatters, you will have a whole new outlook of Disneyland!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Who's your DaddyB?

I have been told that when you write a complaint at City Hall it goes straight to the top guy's office, and then filters down. As Al has said, it was NOT that way with the previous president.

I just know that when I took the time to write a complaint at city hall about what I viewed as an unfair regulation and requested a phone call from someone at the park (and later talked to a guest relations person on the phone), the regulation was removed the next time I went to the park.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• OM NOM NOM

There is a board backstage that has compliments and complaints on it. The compliments have names, while the complaints are meant for everyone. I mean, complaints are to be learned from, right?
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

I wrote a compliment for the first time a few months ago by email. I was shocked to read a personal response from guest relations. They stated they would share my compliment to the CM. I highly recommend stating your experiences (good or bad)

Can anyone please post the e-mail address to send compliments/complaints to?

Thanks!

Dan

• Minion

Any complaint where the cast member was just doing their job and enforcing some rule, such as turning away early fastpass arrivals away, enforcement of a height restriction, etc will be filled in the circular bin. Everything else does trickle down, ESPECIALLY compliments.

• e komo mai

I think everytime is the right time to voice your opinions about Disney. I write letters often, about good and bad experiences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast