Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Re: Will Storybook Land Canal Boats ever add new Character Housings?

I had forgotten how much I missed going on that ride! I haven't been on it since shortly after the 92 fix-up so I didn't know that they hadn't updated it

The least they could do is add some other movies from after 92... Since Beauty and the Beast is a popular Broadway musical, too!

I just notice that everytime I'm around the park when boats are open, the line is SOOOOOO long and it loads SOOOO slowly... ...but I freakin miss going on that ride...

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Well, in Disneyland Paris, they have some different stuff, instead of Monstro, they have the cave of wonders, the sword from Sword in the Stone, gingerbread house of Hansel and Gretel, The Belle's village and the Beast's castle from Beauty and the Beast, The "Night on Bald Mountain" scene from Fantasia, Snow-covered landscapes from Peter and the Wolf and yes, i know, this last one is wierd,The Emerald City from Return to Oz.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• n/a

Last time I went on the guide pointed out a river side house and said it was Belle's. It looked kinda like it, but Belle's house wasn't on the river in the movie... so I was confused. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I think B&B music plays as you go under the canopy of lights right before the Cave of Wonder, if you want to count that as Beauty & The Beast...
    Actually, the musical piece you hear in that area is "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

It would be neat if they added Mount Olympus from Hercules, too. ^^ Actually, -anything- from Herc would be cool. That movie just doesn't get enough love. I know it flopped but...eesh. xD

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I think B&B music plays as you go under the canopy of lights right before the Cave of Wonder, if you want to count that as Beauty & The Beast...
    Isn't it "A Whole New World" from Aladdin that plays? At least that's what it's been every time I've been in that area. The tour guide even says as you glide through there that you're seeing things that Aladdin and Jasmine saw as they flew on their magic carpet ride.

• ...TWO BITS!

There are multiple levels to that flower blanket. I think the train tracks cross it 3 times. So I would imagine smaller miniatures near the bottom and bigatures near the top. Like Beauty & the Beast castle, Bald Mountain, Sleeping Beauty castle, etc near the top. And their respective villages near the bottom... i don't know, just pondering. But the trains at the top should be able to still look over storybook land past the bigatures.

And yes "A Whole New World" plays between Agrabah and Cave of Wonders.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

I never understood how that series of arches is supposed to represent Aladdin and Jasmine's journey around the world (other than the music playing, of course). I'd like to see them do something with that section, or at least stop saying that.

I think I remember seeing little minature characters inhabiting the minature locations in pictures of the DL Paris version. Any chance of us getting those?

•   
    • I <3 °o°

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    I think I remember seeing little minature characters inhabiting the minature locations in pictures of the DL Paris version. Any chance of us getting those?
    Why would you want little miniature characters when you can have....

The cat who ate storybookland
    Last edited by Adelade; 01-14-2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: photo taken by MCer Aladdin
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Directly directed

I think they should add to it. I want to see Sleeping Beauty's cottage, and I think Mulan would be fun too!

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    I don't know...beauty and the beast, sleeping beauty maybe, and 101 dalmations make sense to me, but I don't want them to force anything there that doesn't really need to be there.
    Sleeping Beauty's already there.

Actually, when I rode for the first time after the changes, I was really disappointed that B&B wasn't represented. It was released before Aladdin, so there's no reason it couldn't have been included, and it really lends itself to the attraction - Belle's village as well as the Beast's castle.

The only thing from Pixar I see fitting at all is maybe Bug's Life, and even that's a stretch.

I'd also love to see Sleepy Hollow added.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
    I would love to see an update ...and hey it wouldn't be a bad thing to see Radiator springs...that would be cool....and yes I know a lot of you would be mad if a "Pixar" movie got into a disney classic...but it would be a great addition
    I think it would be bad. Not because it's Pixar, but because Cars (as well as Toy Story, Incredibles etc) are set in the modern world. There is nothing fantasy about them and I personally don't want to see the radiator spring gas station next to Sleeping Beauty's castle. Nor would it click to put the Incredibles or Toy story's track housing next to Alice's Fantasy cottage.

• The pride is back.

Plus, they're not from books, which has been the raison d'etre of the attraction.

• Banned User

I would totally dig Kusco's Palace.

• ...TWO BITS!

B&B, Kuzco, Mulan, Sleepy Hollow (to complement Mr. Toad's Hall) would be awesome. Hercules & Notre Dame would be cool. B&B and Notre Dame should be relatively next door since they both take place in Paris. Something Robin Hood like Sherwood forest, village, & Prince John's castle would be neat.

Pixar and little people, no thanks.

I think the "Carpet Ride" section of the ride is fine. They just mention it was one of the many places they travelled through. Plus it's not too distracting from Casey Jr. Train Station's view. Although I would like something else in Cave of Wonders. Seems like overkill to have 3 things for Aladdin.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• rockin butter sponge!

I really need to go on the Canal... i don't think ive been on it since they added the Little Mermaid.. *hides face in shame*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast