Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

1/07/07 Trip Report to DCA (with pics!)

Sunday afternoon we arrive at the parking structure and are pleasantly suprised to find that 6 of the tollbooths at the parking structure were open so getting in was pretty easy. We arrived about 1:30 PM and parked on the roof (Minnie level). We passed by the typicaly empty "Guest of the Day Parking" and still saw nobody parked in those two spots. Oh well. So down we go on the magic esclator and I wish I had my camera ready to take a picture of the massive crowd of people waiting for a tram. I'm used to seeing this many people waiting for a tram at the end of the day, not at nearly 2 in the afternoon. The next tram arrives and I noticed something a little odd. I don't know when this started to become common practice but I noticed that once the tram is fully loaded the CM that stands in the back and does his spiel will walk the entire length of the tram and checks every row to make sure that everyone is following the rules. Once he is satisified he walks all the way to the end of the tram and we can get going. This whole process takes at least 5 minutes or more. I could see why there were so many people waiting to board the tram. They were no longer loading them effictently and quickly.

So we finally arrive at the "security checkpoint" A.K.A "Senior Citizen Employment Center". The lines are not too bad but the guy checking bags in the line we are in makes everyone remove all items from their bags and then he proceeds to molest my bag and grope it in a way that makes me feel uncomfortable. Once he's done copping a feel of my bag he lets us through. All that hassle for two sweatshirts and some sandwiches.

We went across the plaza and took the Lion King Tram to the Convention Center crossing drop off and we went across the street to the Train Show. We had a great time and came back about 4:15 PM. The plan was to go and enjoy DCA for a few hours and catch the Electrical Parade and then head to Disneyland for the final performance of the Christmas fireworks.

When we went over to DCA, I noticed something unusual. There were a substantial amount of people waiting to get into DCA, as seen below.

Across the way, at Disneyland, there was no que to get in.

Although this will change in a most nightmarish way....but more on that later.

Shortly after I took this spot I looked to my right and could not help but notice this lovely sight...

I don't know why but I suddenly had this powerful urge to floss.

First we go to Soarin and get fastpasses for later that night.

We head over a catch a showing of Muppetvision 3D. I heard they were taking this out soon so I wanted to see it before it's gone.

After Muppets we went on Monsters Inc for the first time and we loved it. Afterwards we walked around the backlot area and it was pretty much deserted.

This sign always made me chuckle and I don't know why.

Inside the Animation building....anyone guess where I took this?

The wharf area at night.....not quite as romantic as Rivers of America but...

We head over to California Screamin to check out the new "Rockin" version and we both agreed that the song chosen for this ride is far too mellow. I suggest they change it to "Rollercoaster of love".

Nifty neon signs are always great to photograph.

More neat lamps near the stinger.

My favorite and final pic that I took that night. I guess DCA just isn't quite as photogenic as her older sister next door is.

So, we rode on Soarin, had a great time watching the Electrical Parade, and by the time the parade was over it was 9:15. The fireworks were due to start at about 9:25 so that gave us ten minutes or so to get over to Disneyland. Plenty of time....or so we thought.

As expected there was a mass exodus of guests going from one park to the other. I expected this and it really comes as no suprise. What does suprise me, however, is the fact that even though there are hundreds of people waiting to go into Disneyland only THREE gates were open. Unfortunatly I picked the wrong line to wait in because the CM for our line was INSANELY SLOW. The lines to the left and to the right of us were whizzing by and we were stuck in the slowest lane possible. There were no more than 50 people ahead of us and it took 25 minutes to make it inside. The CM was slowly taking the pass, looking at it thoughtfully for a moment, scanning the pass, looking at the picture that appeared on his screen, looking at the pass, looking at ther person waiting anxiously/impatiently, looking back at the picture on the screen, then finally waving you through. I am NOT exagerrating when I state that each transaction took no less than 60 seconds for this CM to complete. No wonder our line was moving at a crawl. A normal CM could accomplish this in ten seconds or less!

What really floored me was looking over at the exit gates and seeing at least 10 CM's operating 10 exit only gates, most of which were not being used because not too many people were leaving yet. Don't they see the massive lines waiting to get in? Don't they realize they have only 3 gates open for entry?

Needless to say we missed the fireworks. I was so upset at the idiotic scene I witnessed out front that I actually went to City Hall and calmly filed a complaint, something I hardly ever do because I tend to just take things in stride and not worry about it too much but this time I just had to say something, not that it makes any difference.

Afterwards we took the Monorail to the Downtown Disney station and walked to the parking structure. All in all it was a pretty fun day, except for that part towards the end but by this time we had gotten over it.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: 1/07/07 Trip Report to DCA (with pics!)

i was in line behind floss girl later that night! lol

wasn't very polite either

• "714"

"So we finally arrive at the "security checkpoint" A.K.A "Senior Citizen Employment Center".

^LOVE IT!!! HHAHAHAHA! AMEN! THAT IS SOOO TRUE!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Sshhh, being very quiet

That would be inside the Sorcerer's Workshop

Thanks for the pics!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post

That would be inside the Sorcerer's Workshop

Thanks for the pics!
    I was wondering why it looked familiar. Yeah...that picture was on WIDW a few days ago. It took FOREVER to guess.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Those are some wonderful shots in DCA. Aside, of course from the G in the Big A
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Don't mess with the duck!

Yep, nothing says good ol' family-oriented Disneyland fun like backside floss hiked way up. Like the pic of Sorcerer's Workshop lights, only been in there once. Gotta check this out the next time we visit. Great trip report, thanks for sharing.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Ok ... I have to ask ... do guys seriously find this attractive?

Oh, and great trip report too. I did enjoy the pictures you had of the lighting fixtures at DCA ... I have to admit that I've never really paid attention to the details ... but I certainly will on my next trip.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    Ok ... I have to ask ... do guys seriously find this attractive?
    As a guy I'd have to say... uh... no.

Is the what you call a close-up of an A?
    Or a girl sitting around on her A?
    Or a picture of an A-hole?
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

Blog Entries

Ok
    ... I have to ask ... do guys seriously find this attractive?
    On her? No, although we do like to gawk and stare nonetheless. On some other women, absolutely.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    As a guy I'd have to say... uh... no.

Is the what you call a close-up of an A?
    Or a girl sitting around on her A?
    Or a picture of an A-hole?
    Good one!

• Minion

I seriously don't know why I even took that pic of the string girl. I had just finished taking the pic of the entrance plaza and saw her on my right and automaticaly thought "my fellow micechatters are gonna love this one" and click. I always tend to keep an eye out for unusual guests in the park.

There was this other guest that I tried to take a pic of but I never had a clear shot. It was a little boy, probably about 6 years old, with a mean blonde mohawk and a spider painted on the side of his head. Talk about child abuse! Why would anyone do this to their child? You can't honestly tell me the kid WANTED a mohawk. Even if for some reason they wanted a mohawk, shouldn't you tell your kid "Not till you are old enough to pay for it yourself". Just my opinion. I really wish I had a pic to show you guys.

• Beer is good beer.

Talking Re: 1/07/07 Trip Report to DCA (with pics!)

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    So we finally arrive at the "security checkpoint" A.K.A "Senior Citizen Employment Center".
    There's one woman that we always see (short & small with a page boy haircut) - we call her "Norma Desmond".

Fun report and pictures (and yeah, I've always wondered if guys liked sights like "Floss Girl" too ). Thanks for sharing!
    M A S E C A !

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Berd View Post
    There's one woman that we always see (short & small with a page boy haircut) - we call her "Norma Desmond".

Fun report and pictures (and yeah, I've always wondered if guys liked sights like "Floss Girl" too ). Thanks for sharing!
    I enjoy laughing at people who let their underwear show for all the world to see. It just shows the level of intelligence we are dealing with.

• Banned User

I regards the Mohawk...

You're just jealous! J/k lol...I love the kids with the hawks, but i guess that's just me.

And about the "whale tail" picture...

That particular picture is not very attractive or flattering, but I think it's the idea of seeing it is what's sexy. Usually though it's more nasty (funny) than attractive, or sexy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast