Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Directly directed

Re: What to Do With that Old Millionaire Building at DCA...

I vote anything but another show. There's too many in DCA. I like the idea of a rockin rollercoaster but I'd like it more if DCA got an attraction that's fun for the whole family that is unique to DCA and does not involve pixar. But that's just me.

How about a Great Movie Ride. It fits in perfectly with the Backlot atmosphere and I'm sure people would ride it. Why did they close down Millionaire anyway, people watched it?
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by jesjas03 View Post
    How about a Great Movie Ride. It fits in perfectly with the Backlot atmosphere and I'm sure people would ride it. Why did they close down Millionaire anyway, people watched it?
    With DCA counting on local repeat business, keeping a show fresh and new is much more difficult. It was popular in the beginning but lost momentum real fast. It was fun while it lasted but it was definitely management trying hard for a "quick fix". I can say that I got into the hot seat at least!

And now that I think about it, DCA does NOT need more dining currently. The big sister DISNEYLAND is the one that needs more dining locations. I almost forgot about that closed eating area in the corner of DCA and why that place even closed to begin with.

Management definitely needs to think long and hard for the FUTURE of DCA. They need to plan out the next 5 steps of the entire area before deciding what to do. If they want to open another dining area, they better have some great new attractions first or there'll be nobody to eat there!

I'm all for a movie ride, but it needs to be good enough to keep the local visitors happy as well as the tourists.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Well the one in Disneyworld doesn't seem to be in any danger of closing. The backlot definitely needs some new attractions although the Tower, Aladdin, and Monsters Inc are great.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• HersHbe Productions©

I second the SciFi Diner. Would be pretty awesome.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Set it up for corporate and special events so that the Festival Arena at Disneyland can be freed up for either a show or future attraction.
    They already do special events there. It hasn't freed up the Festival Arena and I don't think it will.

• ...TWO BITS!

This is just what I would do:

If and when Timon Lot is used for DCA expansion, the tram stop and east tram route near the esplanade used for outside company functions as a replacement for company functions in Festival Arena, H&D, and Millionaire. Will have both an indoor and outdoor revenue. Direct access to DCA between Monsters & H&D themed as "Production Offices Pathway".

I think the "new Hollywod Pictures Studio" area should be renamed as a "Hollywood Frontlot Studio" mini-land. Then "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" land renamed "Hollywood Pictures Studio". The Hollywood blvd and street going to Hyperion & TOT is the mini-land "Hollywood Pictures Backlot". Which means really putting in a good themed lobby for Hyperion Theater with easier access to the seats.

The Great Movie Ride (with Disney live-action features), perhaps for demoed H&D building for larger show area:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=76

MuppetVision transform to "The Great Muppet Movie Ride". Queue is "backstage" themeing with the props and TV monitors you would see in the pre-show room. New video for the 3-monitor set. Fully using the extended queue as a regular queue to have as much space inside for the ride. Load station is themed as Muppet Theater, guests ride their seats into the stage curtain with orchestra penguins & Grumpy Old Men and continue with the planned ride through classic movie scenes including "Muppet Treasure Island", "Muppets in Outer Space", and "Muppet Wizard of Oz".

Millionaire area demoed for larger show building for MAYBE Rocketeer/Skystormer themed quite similar to Soarin' queue. Soarin' queue redone with extreme sports feats as a retheme from desert air field to Grizzly expansion. Soarin' would be strictly a hangglider experience, no silly Patrick Warburton acting as a flight attendant for hang gliders for goodness sake.

Another idea was having an indoor spinning mouse coaster with riders facing outward. The story is guests are "honoary camera operators" recruited by a director. Guests sit in their camera trucking system, listen for the director's direction, and capture images with their "on board camera" to capture the scenes. Of course this will be quite chaotic since you're in a spinning mouse coaster. Not really sure how to theme it.

Those are the 2 main Millionaire building ideas, but I'm not entirely sold on it.

Playhouse Disney transform to Brown Derby or South Seas Club (from The Rocketeer). Classy restaurant with live band and dance floor.

I have ideas, but the above is really regarding the issue at hand and semi-chain reaction in this land

As for Sci-Fi Diner, I would want that in a new Route 66 land.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• the F.O.D. solution.

This is what has officially become of the Millionaire building...

http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/...ailPage&prid=1
    >>>
    Stage 17 at Disney's California Adventure - The first dedicated group facility inside a Disneyland theme park, this new venue will offer 10,000 square feet of divisible space, built-in production capabilities and full banquet/catering services. (Late Summer 2006)
    <<<

http://www.accessdmc.com/newsletter....-destination-2
    >>>
    Set the Stage with Stage 17! In this year, Disney’s “Year of a Million Dreams”, the Disney commitment to bringing new attractions and entertainment to its California and Florida properties is celebrated at Orange County’s Disney’s California Adventure with the grand premier of Stage 17. Stage 17 is the first dedicated group facility inside a Disneyland theme park. Featuring more than 10,000 square feet of carpeted floor space, Stage 17 has everything you as a meeting professional could want in a venue location for your next corporate event. Located right in the heart of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Stage 17 is equipped with all the trappings of a working soundstage – configurable lighting and state-of-the-art audio visual systems controlled from a permanent production booth. Fancy extras contribute to the magic of this great venue including a movable stage, hanging video projection screens and a large food preparation area. Stage 17 can accommodate anywhere from 750 – 1,000 guests, but if a more intimate setting is desired, the venue can be sectioned off for a “nightclub” style ambiance. The ACCESS Orange County team is anxious to be the “producer” for your celebrities in their next starring role at Stage 17, the ultimate “Hollywood” location!
    <<<

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DCACM View Post
    This is what has officially become of the Millionaire building...

http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/...ailPage&prid=1
    >>>
    Stage 17 at Disney's California Adventure - The first dedicated group facility inside a Disneyland theme park, this new venue will offer 10,000 square feet of divisible space, built-in production capabilities and full banquet/catering services. (Late Summer 2006)
    <<<

http://www.accessdmc.com/newsletter....-destination-2
    >>>
    Set the Stage with Stage 17! In this year, Disney’s “Year of a Million Dreams”, the Disney commitment to bringing new attractions and entertainment to its California and Florida properties is celebrated at Orange County’s Disney’s California Adventure with the grand premier of Stage 17. Stage 17 is the first dedicated group facility inside a Disneyland theme park. Featuring more than 10,000 square feet of carpeted floor space, Stage 17 has everything you as a meeting professional could want in a venue location for your next corporate event. Located right in the heart of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Stage 17 is equipped with all the trappings of a working soundstage – configurable lighting and state-of-the-art audio visual systems controlled from a permanent production booth. Fancy extras contribute to the magic of this great venue including a movable stage, hanging video projection screens and a large food preparation area. Stage 17 can accommodate anywhere from 750 – 1,000 guests, but if a more intimate setting is desired, the venue can be sectioned off for a “nightclub” style ambiance. The ACCESS Orange County team is anxious to be the “producer” for your celebrities in their next starring role at Stage 17, the ultimate “Hollywood” location!
    <<<
    Wow... they're trying to make some extra bucks while they're at it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I say they should tear it down and used it to rebuild Tomorrowland.
    Close, very close.

I think (bear with me now) they should resurrect the "Rocket To The Moon" attraction:

http://www.yesterland.com/moonrocket.html

The inside room is about the right size and configuration. All they would have to do is add a screen on the ceiling and a screen on the floor, (I'm sure they still have the movies) and make the seats vibrate and voila, "Rocket To The Moon"!

Yeah, yeah, I know, wrong park, wrong area, but, well, but we could have "The Rocket To The Moon" back.

<too bad this is not closer to 4/1, this would be one good leg pull>

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I say, put in Mickey's Philharmagic from the Magic Kingdom in WDW. Of course Muppets, another 3D show, is right next door, so maybe it isn't the best idea. Anothe option would be to have Mickey replace Muppets entirely.
    That's what's supposed to go in there...Al Lutz said that in one of his updates.

He also mentioned something about MuppetVision 3D going away to admitting in something else.

• n/a

A motion simulator like Star Tours. With a movie theme alot could be done.

Like you're inside a stunt car.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    A motion simulator like Star Tours. With a movie theme alot could be done.

Like you're inside a stunt car.
    The simulator idea piques my interest. Maybe the ceiling and walls can be projected upon and changes themes frequently. For example one day you could be dining with oceanfront scenery, and the next they could project desert scenery. You could also change it to suit the season/holiday, or even theme the scenery to your favorite movies, such as wonderland or neverland. Pair that with scents and such that match the scenery and it has the makings for a very cool dining experience. Circlevision on steroids I guess :P

• Banned User

How about a prop display like they have at mgm? It's simple, functions as an attraction, and promotes new movies. What more could disney want?

• Sock Puppet

Take the design ideas of the Crush coaster from Paris and theme it to something that isn't Pixar-based. Maybe Herbie, maybe an ABC property or something.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast