Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Penguinsoda sneeks in a Day Trip to Disneyland Trip Report!

Part One of Five:

Before school started up again, and I had to go back to work, I had planned on going down to Vista to spend a few days with my daughter. I was talking to her on AIM one night, and told her when I came down I was thinking of doing a side trip while there. Her reaction.

"Uh huh."

Not, where are you going or what kind of side trip just... uh huh. Does my daughter know me or what?

Well in case something went wrong, I didn't tell anyone about my plans to make journey to Disneyland. Well, I did email ksejr1 in case she could get the time off to join us, but she didn't check her mail for days! Then Princess Buttercup called me on her way back home from Arizona the night before and said it was to bad I wouldn't be able to come on Sunday.

Well.... uh... actually....

So Sunday morning, I left the Oceanside area about 8 AM.

Why can't the 5 look like that everyday. All day. The entire length of it. Don't worry. Somewhere between San Onofre and Irvine, it picked up considerably.

Karla! Look! The ocean! At least as much of the ocean as I could get a picture of from my car window traveling seventy...er... sixty five miles an hour down the freeway.

I arrived at the parking structure around 9AM. I was sent to the front of the Mickey level, close to the escalators. Crowds were already gathering for the trams. Looked like it was going to be a busy day. I headed over, passing who I thought was Grumpy4 sitting waiting for Fishbulb, but wasn't sure so instead of going over and talking to her I went into shy mode (really!) and I called Princess Buttercup to see where they were. I was about to tell her I was going to just walk over since it looked like the trams were going to take forever, but then one parked down away from the crowd. Um. Since I had moved down to the far end, I was able to quickly get on and head for the park!

I went ahead and went through the gate, then called Princess Buttercup and let her know where I was. Here she comes, with her daugher and Husband behind her in the crowd!
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 01-08-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Penguinsoda sneeks in a Day Trip to Disneyland Trip Report!

lookin' good so far!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Kevin's a girl?

Looks pretty awesome so far Mama Pengy. Can't wait for more of your trip.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Part Two:

Our first stop was the Matterhorn! I know compared to some coasters its pretty tame, but thats why its one of my favorite rides! After the Matterhorn Princess Buttercup's husband and daugher went over to Toon Town to see what was going on over there, and she and I hit IASW to see the holiday overlay one last time of the season.

A last look at the glowing dragon.

We met back up with Westley and their daugher, and headed for POTC. The line was fairly short and moving quickly. While we were in line we began talking to the lady in front of us, about annual passes and different things. We were almost inside when someone in the other line looked over at us and said, "Are you MiceChatters?" Oh my gosh! It was cpdisneyprincess and her sister!

We asked them to join us in line! While she and Princess Buttercup got to know each other, I continued to talk to the lady in front of us about MiceChat. She said she was definately going to check out the site, hopefully we got a new member!

We stopped off in NOS for a quick group shot in a beautiful setting! By this time is was getting close to noon. Cpdisneyprincess and her sister headed on over the the hub. Princess Buttercup and her family had fast passes to Thunder (and I didn't ) so I said I would go on over to the hub and let everyone know they were on their way after Thunder.

It was still about 10 minutes till and as I approached the hub a HUGE crowd had already started to gather.

Oh my gosh.... were all these people.... MICECHATTERS??

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Still wants to be a cat!

More...more!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    More...more!
    I cant agree with you anymore than that! MORE!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Pretty awesome so far. I'm just sorry I had to disappear after only being there 10 minutes. My wife is pretty sketchy around people she doesn't know so we had to bail. I pretty much stopped by to check up on Ranger Rick anyways and to see how he was doing after his surgery. It pretty much sucks not having him around work and I'll admit.....Missed seeing him around.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Oh.....and if nobody noticed (And how could they if I was only there 10 minutes) I wore my CSI shirt in honor of the whole Indy Pole Slapping Incident.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Part 3:

They were indeed MiceChatter!! MiceChatters from all over the place as far as the eye could see!

Ok, maybe not that many but it was a great crowd, and a lot of first time people which was wonderful!!

Top row: Wolfy999 and the Wolf Pack were in attentance, and after all the pictures I have of me and Fishbulb, now I have one of Dusty and I (with SuzieP behind us).

Bottom row: Grumpy 4 perhaps demonstrating her basketball bouncing technique (?), and IndianaJen standing between Fishbulb and Chernabog.

Top to bottom, clockwise: Deogee's Mom and Judimouse enjoy the shade, DisneyBalerina and cpdisneyprincess, Clarabella, Ranger Rick and PirateMonkee talk about art, Pirate Monkee and I.

Top left: Simply Sabrina, Justjohn, and Frecky with Hector peeking in from the background.
    Top right: OlympicNut, SuzieP and some people I don't think I was introduced to...
    Bottom left: Olymicnut and friend.
    Bottom right: Hector (in the background again) SuzieP and a cast of thousands... ok, a cast of so many I didn't catch everyones name. My appologies to anyone I leave out. Please feel free to identify yourself!

Top Left: Dusty introduces Wolfy to "Man Pocky."
    Top Right: Clarabella takes pictures too!
    Bottom Left: Fishbulb and Princess Buttercup.
    Bottom Right:Band of Gypsies and son.

Top: Mr. Band of Gypsies reminds me he never takes bad photos while Princess Buttercup and Mrs. Band of Gypsies looks on.
    Bottom Left: NeverNeverland and Stitchtt6 waiting for the next adventure.
    Bottom Right: Met up with Disneyphile and FrodoPotter on the way to DCA.

And I have this really great shot of these people... but for the life of me can't remember who they are... Help???
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 01-08-2007 at 08:22 PM.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Part 4:

It was such a large group that day, everyone split into pretty much three different places for lunch. Some went to WhiteWater Snacks, some went to Zocalo, and a few went to... The Cove Bar. Three guesses which one I ended up in. It was on our way over to DCA that we ran into DisneyPhile and Frodo. I had never meet them before so it was nice to finally get a chance to say hi!

Princess Buttercup and Villains Fan hanging out in the shade.

Princess Buttercup, Olympicnut, friend, and SuzieP refreshing themselves.

Standard "touristie" shot.

After the Cove a few went back over to Disneyland to hit Space Mountain, and some went to check out Screamin'.

Ok, admission here... I don't like either ride. I have been "forced" onto Space (are you listening LDF and RW), but I refuse to do Screamin'. Ever. No matter what. But I have no trouble hanging out and taking pictures!

The entire group who stayed in DCA went to do the single rider line on Screamin'. Single rider... nine or so... single riders. When they went over there were already some MiceChatters in the line!

Is Al laughing at the others? Or is there some other reason he seems to be amazed? You decide.

Ok, instead of "Where's Waldo" lets play, "Wheres the MiceChatter?"

Of course then it dawns on me, I do have a 5X zoom on my camera. Lets get a close up of Olympicnut!

Hector gets a great photo, and maybe even talked the person next to him into becoming a MiceChatter too!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

PENGY!! You're such a sneak! I had no idea you were going yesterday! Looks like you had a great time! Great report and great shots!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Great pictures Pengy! I'm so glad you came yesterday and I actually got to talk to you for a few minutes!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

FUN FUN FUN!!! I was so happy you made it

• Banned User

MORE, MORE!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Pengy what an AWESOME trip report! Keep 'em coming!!!!

Side Note-Joanne you look so gorgeous in that shot of you and PB

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast