Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Very mini trip report for 1/6/07-1/7/07

Complete with a few pictures when my hubby gets a chance to upload them!

I had actually written this entire thing earlier and then when I hit submit , everything I wrote disappeared!!!

Saturday the 6th:

We left Sedona at 1 pm and headed south and then west onto Hwy 10. We weren't really sure how to get to Anaheim from this direction and we hadn't thought to google the directions or get a map. We ended up taking 60 west to 91 west to 57 to the exit to the Hojos with only one little detour down 215 going south before realizing that was the wrong thing to do and stopping to get a map. We were starving when we got to Anaheim at 8 pm so we ate dinner at Mimi's Cafe before checking into our room. The food is great there but we always forget how big the servings are and end up with way too much .

Our room at the Hojos was very nice. We were on the fourth floor of building one facing the park. When the fireworks started , I went out on the balcony to watch and called Earkid on my cell phone to talk to her at the same time! She said it sounded like I was in a war zone!

After the fireworks , we rested a little while longer , went online for a little while and then went down to the jacuzzi! I love that the pool and jacuzzi are open till midnight at the Hojos.

Sunday the 7th:

We got up at 7 am sharp and got ready to go to the park. We made a quick stop at McDonald's for a cheap breakfast then were on our way! We met Pengy right inside the gate next to the Mickey Mouse flowers. She had a huge grin on her face but wasn't wearing a penguin shirt like I thought she would....I was so surprised!

We made our way down to the Matterhorn for our first ride of the day! We thought we were going to ride with Ken and Tiff in the front and me and Pengy in the back , but we discovered that both mine and Pengy's legs are way too long to ride together so I had to jump out at the last minute and catch the next bobsled. Pengy and my husband were both taking pictures of me at the end so I hammed it up for them!

We headed down to IASW next so Pengy and I could see the holiday decorations one last time before they took them down today. Ken and Tiff went to Toon Town and took some funny pictures including one of the Post Office sign right as it was falling off the building and onto the ground in front of them!

We went over to Thunder Mountain next but the line was way too long so we got fast passes for it. Then we decided to go on POTC instead. We were talking to a gal in line about Micechat and recruting her pretty heavily when a gal next to us in line asked if we were Micechatters . When we said "yes" she said "so am I." It was none other than cpdisneyprincess and her sister ! We gave them big hugs and then insisted that they go on the ride with us. The line was moving quickly so we got on right away and had a nice visit....quietly of course so as not to disturb the other guests on the boat!

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: Very mini trip report for 1/6/07-1/7/07

I'm sorry my cell phone was off when you called the first time. I feel bad not being able to tell you the "cool" way to get to The Mouse from Arizona. I could have saved you the jaunt on the 215. I shall never shut my cell phone off again!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    I'm sorry my cell phone was off when you called the first time. I feel bad not being able to tell you the "cool" way to get to The Mouse from Arizona. I could have saved you the jaunt on the 215. I shall never shut my cell phone off again!
    LOL That's okay! We really should have looked at a map! We were a little out of it on this trip!

Ugh! I just wrote the second half of this report and it disappeared again! I am going to scream!!!!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Ugh! I just wrote the second half of this report and it disappeared again! I am going to scream!!!!
    You need to type it into a Word document and then copy and paste it here.........or you'll be here all night.............of course that's par for the course anyway!

• Circle of Ancients

Okay..where was I?

After POTC, we went to the pretty staircase in the NOS courtyard and asked a CM to take a picture of us sitting on the steps so we could post it and say "Hey BF Jen, our butts have been where your butts have been in DL!"

After that we were standing there talking and the NOS jazz musicians went by us . Then a CM from up above threw some purple mardi gras beads down and they almost landed right on my head. I picked them up and gave them to Tiffany. cpdisneyprincess and her sister had to go over to Splash Mountain after that to retrieve her cell phone she'd left on a boat earlier. Ken and Tiff and I went to ride TM and Pengy decided to head over to the meet a little early. TM was a blast mostly because we sat in the back two rows and because a mom and daughter with great screams sat right in front of us!

We stopped at a gift shop after that to get some Minnie and mIckey mints and a few souvenirs and then headed over to the meet . We could not believe how many people were there! I tried to say hi to everyone , but I know I missed some people. It was great to see so many familiar faces and meet some new ones!!! Fishbulb rounded us up for the group picture and I was bummed because my hubby and Tiffany weren't in it since they had just gone down to the Esplanade to give some money to Kyle who had just finally gotten out of bed about 10 minutes before that! But they got back in time for Ken to take a picture of the photographer taking a picture!

After this everyone split up for lunch . It was so hard to decide where to go because we wanted to visit with everyone. But we are partial to the drinks and lobster nachos and barbecue pizza at the Cove Bar and we love the rides at DCA so we headed over there!

We saw Disneyphile and Froto Potter along the way . They were looking for their stone and finally found it and we got a cute picture of them together and with Pengy!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Great report! You fit a bunch in with such little time.

I'll see you in a couple of weeks!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    You need to type it into a Word document and then copy and paste it here.........or you'll be here all night.............of course that's par for the course anyway!
    Okay! Ken just did that and good thing because my post almost got dropped again!

So...we got to the Cove Bar and a bunch of Mcers were already at the bar and then we got a few tables too! I ended up sitting with Olympic Nut , Brianna Cracker and Velma (not their real names of course). We had a great conversation and I really enjoyed getting to know the three of them better! I hoep Olympic Nut doesn;t kill me for saying this , but he is not mean at all! In fact , he's just the opposite! And he has the most beautifuyul teeth and smile so he can't even look mean even if he tried. I'm not sure I understtod everything Brianna Cracker was telling me because my drink was starting to hit me, but the way he told stories was very entertaining! And Velma (Susie P ) is a sweetheart! I hope she had fun at the dinner and show she was getting ready to go to at 5.

When we were done at the Cove Bar , we headed to Screamin where we ran into all the MCEers who had eatne lunch at Whitwater's. It was a crack up watching the CM's try to get us all onto the same trains. Some people ended up rding with people they didn't know and others got to ride with each other. Wolfy grabbed me and said "Come on , you're going with me." We were laughing and screaming so hard. I loved the music and ourt picture was hilarious! I hope someone got a picture of it cuz I didn't!

I don't know where the group went after that , but Pengy and I went to the bathroom and then went and met Ken and Tiffany at the Sunwheel. They rode on a swinging gondola and we just sat on the bench and rested because the shade felt great after being in 80 degree weather all day!

We saw Wolfy and her family and Darkbeer and Lisa again. And Captain Phoebus was kind enough to show me how my new cell phone worked because I had a bunch of text messages.

When Ken and Tiff came off the ride, they wanted to go get Brr Bank icecream and I talked Pengy into going on the Grizzley with me for our last ride. There was a little girl on our raft who was scared to death and I went to hold one of her hands and ended up dropping my cell phone in the water in the bottom of the raft! It didn't work right for the rest of the day, but it dried out and worked fine today! And the little girl survived the ride , though she told us all afterward that she "hated it and never wanted to go on it again!!!"

• For You!

Okay..where was I?

After POTC, we went to the pretty staircase in the NOS courtyard and asked a CM to take a picture of us sitting on the steps so we could post it and say "Hey BF Jen, our butts have been where your butts have been in DL!"

I hope the step was still nice and shiny from where my behind polished it up!!!

This is a great report - I'm really enjoying it! Thanks for typing it over a dozen times!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Circle of Ancients

Grrr....Ken says someone's Apple connection is interfering with our connection.

Or maybe it's Just John messing up our computer! Just kidding!

Okay..so our last stop in DCA was the Greetings store so I could buy two caramel apples and two caramel pretzels . Then we walked out and I had to say goodbye since it was almost 4 pm and we had planned to leave at 2 pm. Pengy and I gave each other a big hug goodbye. I think she was planning to go back into DL and I had to go meet my family at the guest drop off/pick up zone.

We got through the LA traffic with no problem. Then Ken said he wanted to take the 101 route instead of the 5 route so we wouldn't have to smell the stinky cow smeels again! Whenever we take the 101 route , it always takes us at least an hour longer but this time it took is three hours longer. First I was daydreaming and when I realized the car was going faster than I meant it to and saw that the speedometer was between 85 and 90, I also saw the CHP officer on the side of the road right at the same moment! So that killed about a half hour while he was writing me the first ticket I've had in 15 years! Then when we stopped for dinner later, I left the headlights on by mistake and drained the battery so we had to wait for AAA and that killed an hour. But since bad things tend to come in 3's, I figured between dropping the cell phone in the water and these two things, I was safe for the rest of the drive! We made it home safe and sound at 1 am!

All in all, it was a great little trip to DL and I'm so glad we went. I wish we could have spent more time with everyone and gone on Space with everyone too! We can't wait till the Micechat Anniversary meet!

Okay...now to see if Ken got any decent pictures!

Edited to add....the CHP officer was actually kind of funny! First I said to him..."I'm sorry I was speeding. I wasn't going this fast the whole time , just for a few seconds because the hill suddenly got steeper and I'm a little tired from driving for 4 hours." Then he asked "Where are you coming from ?" And I said Arizona instead of California by mistake . And he said "You mean you made it from Arizona to here in just four hours and you want me to believe you weren't speeding the whole time? " LOL
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 01-08-2007 at 09:29 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Uh... maybe your legs were to long but lets be honest here... ( Anne is such a nice person). WE didn't fit in the bobsleds because I took up the whole seat!!! Poor Anne!!!

So glad we had some time to spend in the most happiest place on Earth! I won't be able to make it for the Birthday Party this year, but I hope to be down there again one of the next times you are there!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Uh... maybe your legs were to long but lets be honest here... ( Anne is such a nice person). WE didn't fit in the bobsleds because I took up the whole seat!!! Poor Anne!!!
    I wonder what the CM would have thought if I had just sat on your lap! She was already giving me funny looks when I looked like I was going to ride that thing side saddle with my knees in my nostrils!!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I wonder what the CM would have thought if I had just sat on your lap! She was already giving me funny looks when I looked like I was going to ride that thing side saddle with my knees in my nostrils!!!

You are SO FUNNY! I can't wait to see you guys again!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh!! I'm trying not to laugh outloud and wake up the whole house!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OH MY EFFIN' GOD!! Brianna Cracker He is gonna LOVE that

It was so awesome getting to know you and chat PB.

• GO DBACKS!!

So that killed about a half hour while he was writing me the first ticket I've had in 15 years! Then when we stopped for dinner later, I left the headlights on by mistake and drained the battery so we had to wait for AAA and that killed an hour. But since bad things tend to come in 3's, I figured between dropping the cell phone in the water and these two things, I was safe for the rest of the drive! We made it home safe and sound at 1 am!

Whew! what a day you had! Bummer about the ticket! ugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast