Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Feeling LOVED

Re: Observations from My First Experience with the Jedi Training Academy

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post

It's the big picture that matters here. The big picture is that Disneyland was designed for kids and the kids at heart. Meaning, children and adults alike can enjoy what the park offers, and it is up to them to find the magic that Disneyland produces.
    ^5 Miss Christine, I fully agree with this!!!

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion......I personally have never seen it...but look forward to seeing with or without my kids. Just think...if we all liked the same things....the world would be a seriously boring place.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    ^5 Miss Christine, I fully agree with this!!!

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion......I personally have never seen it...but look forward to seeing with or without my kids. Just think...if we all liked the same things....the world would be a seriously boring place.
    That's just it, though. I would love this thing if it was more of a show and not just a way for children to "live their dreams" as part of "The Year of a Million Dreams" celebration.

It's a cop-out to say that children are stupid and that they don't know any better. They know more than adults give them credit for.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    It's a cop-out to say that children are stupid and that they don't know any better. They know more than adults give them credit for.
    So, then I should go home and ask my 6 year old to tell me what Tomorrowland is about? What the timeline for Darth Vader and Darth Maul is? I guarantee you she does not know.
    Like I said before, she doesnt care about that. She would only care about how much fun it would be to battle the 2 "bad guys" since shes been trying to perfect her lightsaber skills since she got one.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• I'm your huckleberry.

Who's saying children are stupid?

Children are wise enough to enjoy things for the moment and not analyze the crap out of them until there is no spontaneous fun left in the event.

I'd say that makes children MUCH smarter than some adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

"Disneyland will give meaning to the pleasure of children and pleasure to the experience of adults."

-Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i'm 35 years old and i still get goosebumps each and every time i see Darth Vader come up on the TT stage. Sure its not the most chronologically accurate show in the world, but when i walk thru that tunnel underneath the DLRR i enter into a state of "Suspension of Disbelief".

At Disneyland, anything is possible, if you allow it for yourself.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• The pride is back.

It's a cop-out to say that children are stupid
    Nobody did. You made that leap. The point is that kids like different things than adults do, and have different priorities for the entertainment offered, not that they're too dumb to get the adult references.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Nobody is saying that children are stupid. If children were stupid, there would be no where near as much detail put into the design of Disneyland that there is! It would look like the kiddieland area of Magic Mountain (no offense Magic Mountain lovers).

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Just because it's supposed to have taken place in the past does not mean we have thier world's technology or knowledge of things.

It's an alternate reality, something that we don't know. What we don't know now is the future for us.
    Please take no offense to this, but I feel that this reasoning is what got us the Tomorrowland-ghost town that currently exists (or negates to exist). Tomorrowland needs simplicity.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Its really hard to do an area themed for the future. What was future in the 50's is long past to us. It would take a lot of money and constant updates to keep it a vision of the future? What will they do at the 100th anniversary when flying cars and rockets to mars might be a reality? Tomorrow is what ever you want it to be so the mix that tomorrowland is now could very well be the future as one person sees it or even a whole group see it.

Although honestly my inner geek wishes there was an adult version of the show. haha

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Its really hard to do an area themed for the future. What was future in the 50's is long past to us. It would take a lot of money and constant updates to keep it a vision of the future? What will they do at the 100th anniversary when flying cars and rockets to mars might be a reality? Tomorrow is what ever you want it to be so the mix that tomorrowland is now could very well be the future as one person sees it or even a whole group see it.
    That's just it. Flying cars and Rockets to Mars still ARE NOT a reality - so why have we trashed them? Bring them back? Get a Segway track/attraction going on - stuff like that. THAT, to me, is the future.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    That's just it. Flying cars and Rockets to Mars still ARE NOT a reality - so why have we trashed them? Bring them back? Get a Segway track/attraction going on - stuff like that. THAT, to me, is the future.
    So...taking a leisurely cruise in space to visit another planet, which is the premise of Star Tours, is not futuristic to you?

You kind of just contradicted yourself.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I actually agree with Pragmatic in this case, so throw your tomatoes.

But before you throw them....

I'm okay with the show! It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the horrible club buzz show they had before, and the Jedi Training Academy is better than having nothing at all.

I'm 28 and I'm the biggest Star Wars dork I know so I do wish that they could do SOMEthing. ANYthing that could make it enjoyable for those without kids. I mean... it's STILL fun to watch but maybe have a goofy actor guy hired to be in the show too. Like a big grown up who tries but FAILS no matter how hard he tries. I think that would bring some fun for all ages.

Just throwing it out there, but I agree with P.I. that nothing in the parks should be exclusive for kids, but I also agree with everyone else that it's a good show/activity anyway.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I actually agree with Pragmatic in this case, so throw your tomatoes.

Just throwing it out there, but I agree with P.I. that nothing in the parks should be exclusive for kids, but I also agree with everyone else that it's a good show/activity anyway.
    And yet there are many DL experiences that exclude small ones--in the interest of fairness, should those be changed as well? I really don't see the issue some of you have with letting small kids have something of their own... Consider tomatoes thrown.

I always treat children with respect because I remember what it was like to be that age. They are like sponges absorbing as much information as they can about everything in the world into which they've been born. As adults, we have a responsibility to give them imaginative works of the highest quality. And, while the Jedi Training Academy is, I'm sure, infinitely better than the Princess Fantasy Faire, if something at Disneyland is not interesting for adults, then it probably isn't of a high enough quality for children, either.

I haven't seen the Princess Fantasy Faire, but I can already tell that it patronizes children. There should be nothing at Disneyland that condescends that way.

I think, with the Jedi Training Academy, there may be more of an interest on the part of adults and adolescents because the source material, the Star Wars films, were made to be enjoyed by adults and adolescents, as well as children. The same, though, could be said about films like "Beauty and the Beast" and "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". So, one must ask why should the direct-to-video sequels and the television shows and the Fantasy Faires be made exclusively for children if the source material was made for everyone.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-09-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast