Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Say no to Assimilation

Re: Observations from My First Experience with the Jedi Training Academy

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I pay through the nose for my three kids to get into the park. I get to choose what and how we participate in activities in the parks. To my knowledge, there's nothing in either park that excludes me. No, I can't go in Goofy's Bounce House, but I'm okay with that, as long as I can see my little one in there. Also, there's a time limit. She's only in there for a few minutes.

We can all wait for three minutes while she has fun. She has to wait for the rest of us to ride the rides we want to....

I'm not sure what activities you're even referring to.
    Exactly!
    Kids are only free if they are under 3 years old. Not that many 3 year olds are 40 inches tall, so they can't ride the big rides. I am glad there are entratainment options for all ages!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Observations from My First Experience with the Jedi Training Academy

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I pay through the nose for my three kids to get into the park. I get to choose what and how we participate in activities in the parks. To my knowledge, there's nothing in either park that excludes me. No, I can't go in Goofy's Bounce House, but I'm okay with that, as long as I can see my little one in there. Also, there's a time limit. She's only in there for a few minutes.

We can all wait for three minutes while she has fun. She has to wait for the rest of us to ride the rides we want to....

I think you're disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing with me. Of course you're okay with waiting while a young one bounces around or plays with acorns. I know there are plenty of folks that will feel the same way. But in the same token, I'm sure you'd appreciate a much better experience where both of you can spend the 3 minutes together. (don't argue that there are plenty of other things to do that because it's not my point here).

And if I went with a kid who couldn't ride a ride, well.. that just means I don't ride the ride either. I would never make a kid wait while I take care of business.

Ultimately, we're there for the kid or the kid in all of us. And just like Peter Pan, I never want to grow up. Having attractions that excludes adults... even for just 3 minutes reminds me constantly that I've grown up.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789