• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Question Speaking of Auditions...

I know that there currently aren't any auditions for parades or Fantasmic!, but I don't understand something. Aren't the normal face characters that can be seen throughout the park the same ones that are in the parades and in Fantasmic!? I am almost positive that I have seen the same actors both in the parades, on the Mark Twain during the Fantasmic! finale, and walking about the park...

...anyways, I have another question...

...I would eventually love to work at Disneyland. Preferably in the entertainment dept, but I wouldn't mind being a ride operator or what not. However, I am just under 6'4" and I read on the Disney Audition site that 6'3" is pretty much the cutoff for face characters...

...honestly, I just want to be in Fantasmic! I am an actor/singer/dancer and I have tons of great things on my resume and being in Fantasmic! would really be a dream come true...

Does anyone have information for me? I'm not planning on even moving to the LA area until about a year from now, but just for my knowledge and to cure my case of extreme curiousness?!?
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Speaking of Auditions...

I hear they are looking to hire some really tough Tiggers at WDW...

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I hear they are looking to hire some really tough Tiggers at WDW...
    haha. I think I'll pass.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Shubisha

No they are not the same. Atmosphere characters and parades/shows are usually separate. Sometimes they'll have some of the daytime parade characters go over for electrical parade, and for a time there was a prince doing the daytime parade and fantasmic, but it's not how it normally is.

Over at WDW they have full time jobs there and you'll find that those who do the daytime parade/show do in fact do the nighttime parade/show sometime in the same role if possible. They'll also do other random things in the day if there's a big gap between parades(i.e. frontierland hoedown).

AS a matter of fact, they just had Fantasmic auditions last week. fantasmic, as well as HSM and some other productions like the grand marshall pre parade, are all in house auditions only. that mean you have to already be a CM in order to audition. so my advice to you is to get in the entertainment dept, so you have access to these auditions.

also a note, if you work in a department other than entertainment, you cannot audition for anything unless you've worked there for 6 months (disney rule) so make sure to get in the character dept-it's the easiest out of entertainment positions. and then you can transfer easily.

good luck

• some imagination huh?

You may be just under 6'4, but "Disney Height" is different from normal heights.. I'm just over 5'7 in Disney height, and I'm actually about 5'8. Normally for characters you have about an inch or two up or down that they can work with. Not sure about the guys, but that's how it normally is with the girls. Granted it was just a tiny bit that they shaved off of my height, but that can make all the difference for you. My advice is to go to an audition, and if you don't make it and still want to be in the department, go out for a character host. They're also in entertainment, and it'll be easier for you to get to know others in the department as well as know about in-house auditions.

If you'd like something else besides Fantasmic, I know they have auditions for males in that height range for the Jedi Academy *eyes glaze over in starwars fangirl glee* Hopefully though, you'll audition and get casted as a Prince in Parade of Dreams... the poor Princesses have been without their guys since the parade came back lol.

• Banned User

Actually my friend is hoping to be hired into Fantasmic (call backs are today) and he's not any face character in the park.. so I think it all depends I don't think it's black and white rules you know?