Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Rixter and MickeyMaxx 1/7/07 Disneyland Trip Report

On Sunday, the 7th, we were technically to leave for Los Angeles to spend the night prior to our latest trip to Orlando. We like being able to be near LAX when we have an early flight. But knowing it had been so long since we had seen many of our MiceChat friends, we did what (for us) is usually impossible . . . we packed Saturday night, got up early Sunday and made our way to Disneyland as a the first stop on our way east.

Mickey and Friends was full, full, full of cars entering the structure, but the staff was very efficient and we ended up with a great parking space on Goofy. As we gathered our stuff to start the trek to the park, Rick noticed someone familiar parked just two spaces from us. Clarabella was just getting out of a spiffy new SUV. She had just met us once at a recent meet, but was very gracious and even remembered the Rixter's name.

This trip is a trial run for Lu's self-bought Christmas present, a new camera, so welcome to my learning curve!

Looks like things are "Rocking" at BOTH parks!

Security was easy with all stations open and there was absolutely no lines to get into Disneyland. After we exited the left tunnel, we saw some familiar faces. Gemini Cricket, Hector and Fish Bulb were there with their famous smiles and hugs ready to greet us.

We went with them to hunt down Dusty who was shopping at Disneyana.

Two bags later, we headed toward the hub. As we approached, we saw what was the biggest COW Sunday Meet we've ever experienced. There were people we love like family and people we had yet to meet, and the truth is, we were hard pressed to even get a quick greeting in to so many dear friends. That night as we reviewed the group shot, I kept saying to Rick, "I didnt' know whozit or watzit was there. We feel badly that we didn't begin to make the rounds. Before we knew it, we were headed off to lunch with different folks headed to their restaurant of choice. Here are a few random shots from the hub and from Rancho Zocalo, where we ate, starting with the group shot, and quite a group it was.

Disney Ballerina and her darling family came all the way from the Stockton area.

Villian's Fan and Al Lutz

Mr.Lightyear 999 and the cutest darn purse!

Fishy giving our very patient Disney PhotoPass Photographer all our cameras to take shots for us. These CMs are always so fun and gracious.

How cute are these two? Olympicnut and Brian. We haven't seen O'Nut since Orlando in October and it was so nice meeting Brian.

We filled three long tables and the Clinksalot Annex for lunch.

We left the group after lunch because we wanted to hit DCA for a short time and give the new camera a little workout. Here are a few shots from Disneyland before we crossed over to DCA.

Here are a few DCA shots.

Oceanside Beach . . . that's where we live.

Lu loves all dogs, especially Pluto.

And trains.

And planes.

But, maybe most of all, we love tributes to the good souls we've met through MiceChat. With that in mind, this is officially, The End.

See you all when we return home in 10 days.

Our current plan is to start a WDW MiceChat Invasion (Where are all the friends who came with us last October) thread starting late tomorrow night.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

Re: Rixter and MickeyMaxx 1/7/07 Disneyland Trip Report

Great pics, that new camera was put to good use. I do ahve to remember to take my yellow purse. I just forget to color coordinate sometimes.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

YAY!!

Glad you got to the meet and here's hoping your travels are safe and fun. you guys are the best. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks

And great pics. You're doing good with the new camera.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Nice pics with the camera. Can't wait to meet you guys again.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Wonderful trip report! Let me add another kudos on the camera- there are some really great shots in there! Looking forward to an equally impressive WDW trip report!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Fantastic pictures!! Whatever that camera is it takes great pictures!!! Sorry I didn't have a chance to formally meet you guys Sunday! It was a great meet though!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Premium Youngling and

Great pics! It was really great to "meet" you!

• Main Gypsy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post

Oceanside Beach . . . that's where we live.

There is me and my clan...

Hey I was born in Oceanside, where is that sign in DCA?

You have a nice camera and it takes beautiful pictures

• I may be nutz...but...

Nice TR. Cannot wait to meet everyone at a meet sometime. I am new, just starting posting, but LOVE all the pics from the trip reports. Looks like the 7th was a fine meet indeed. Good job on the pics. Have fun in WDW. DH and I will be there in May for 3 weeks. I want a laptop for my birthday in January so I can take it with me and post from the mighty world!!!!! I already dropped the hint to Hubby, he knows. We are so technologically behind the rest of the world! No laptop. But I did get us new Digi cameras so we can take great photos with out the cost of all that processing!!! And I just have to learn how to post pics here on the boards, duh...lots to learn. I am computer retarded.
    Anyway, nice report and pics, makes me want to make it to a meet!!!!!!
    suesmouse

• Circle of Ancients

Nice trip report and great pictures!

I'm glad we were all able to wish you guys a Bon Voayge for your trip to WDW ...hope you have a great time!

PS Its only taken me two days to finally realzie that Kicking it in CA is Band of Gypsies' husband.....what a really nice family!

I'm stiill sad that I didn't get to spend hardly any time talking with Disney Ballerina and her family!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    PS Its only taken me two days to finally realzie that Kicking it in CA is Band of Gypsies' husband.....what a really nice family!
    Uh... I didn't know this either...Thats why in my report I refered to him as... Mr. Band of Gypsies!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

Those pictures are fantastic! I was wowed more and more as I progressed through your trip report.

•     
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    Great pics, that new camera was put to good use. I do ahve to remember to take my yellow purse. I just forget to color coordinate sometimes.
    Fashion, smashion. You be your own man and take whatever purse strikes you!

Lu

— Ernest Thompson Seton

•     
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    YAY!!

Glad you got to the meet and here's hoping your travels are safe and fun. you guys are the best. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks

And great pics. You're doing good with the new camera.
    Thanks, Patty. We're looking forward to seeing you again soon. Save us some hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Nice pics with the camera. Can't wait to meet you guys again.
    Jack, I was sorry you were sick. I was looking forward to comparing notes with you on our cameras. I nearly got the Sony A100 because I used Minolta cameras for years when I was a photographer for a living and still have a few favorite lenses left. I decided to start fresh and got the Pentax K10D. Very pleased so far. Hope you beat the flu by now and look forward to seeing you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    Wonderful trip report! Let me add another kudos on the camera- there are some really great shots in there! Looking forward to an equally impressive WDW trip report!
    Thanks. We've already taken a ton of shots in just one day. If we can get our butts in gear, we'll get a trip report together, hopefully nightly while we're here. The only thing missing this trip is MiceChat friends. I keep yelling, MICECHAT, but no one has answered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Fantastic pictures!! Whatever that camera is it takes great pictures!!! Sorry I didn't have a chance to formally meet you guys Sunday! It was a great meet though!
    Thanks, I'm sorry we didn't meet, too. We were inches apart and I was about to ask if you were you, but got distracted by yet another friend. I love your posts and look forward to that meeting soon,

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    Great pics! It was really great to "meet" you!
    Ditto. Loved your sense of humor at lunch. Look forward to many more MC good times with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Band_of_Gypsies View Post
    There is me and my clan...

Hey I was born in Oceanside, where is that sign in DCA?

You have a nice camera and it takes beautiful pictures
    You were one many people I was kicking myself over not meeting. You would think at this advanced age, I wouldn't be shy, but between shyness and all the wonderful MiceChat friend distractions, I never, ever get around to everyone. I would have loved to meet your family. Will you be at the MC Second Anniversary weekend? We'll make a point of meeting as soon as possible. The Oceanside Beach script is in the large gift shop, "Greetings from California" on the left side after you enter DCA. I believe it is in the second or third room from the far end. I also believe the room is yellow up by the ceiling. The names of California beaches ring the entire room.

Quote Originally Posted by susislickermouse View Post
    Nice TR. Cannot wait to meet everyone at a meet sometime. I am new, just starting posting, but LOVE all the pics from the trip reports. Looks like the 7th was a fine meet indeed. Good job on the pics. Have fun in WDW. DH and I will be there in May for 3 weeks. I want a laptop for my birthday in January so I can take it with me and post from the mighty world!!!!! I already dropped the hint to Hubby, he knows. We are so technologically behind the rest of the world! No laptop. But I did get us new Digi cameras so we can take great photos with out the cost of all that processing!!! And I just have to learn how to post pics here on the boards, duh...lots to learn. I am computer retarded.
    Anyway, nice report and pics, makes me want to make it to a meet!!!!!!
    suesmouse
    Thanks. You've got to come to a Sunday meet one of these days when you can. These MC folks are the sweetest, most genuine people I've ever met. I cannot tell you how glad I am we made this connection. 3 weeks in May. Wow, how lucky are you. You will have a blast. This is our fourth trip in 3 years and we haven't begun to scratch the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Nice trip report and great pictures!

I'm glad we were all able to wish you guys a Bon Voayge for your trip to WDW ...hope you have a great time!

I'm stiill sad that I didn't get to spend hardly any time talking with Disney Ballerina and her family!

Thank you. I was so sorry to hear of your "adventure" on the way home. Try to hold on to the good memories of your trip. Great seeing you again. Disney Ballerina and her family are just wonderful, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    Those pictures are fantastic! I was wowed more and more as I progressed through your trip report.
    Blush . . . awww shucks, thanks!

Lu and Rick

— Ernest Thompson Seton

• Again! Again! Again!

Love the pics Lu!! Hope you guys have a blast at WDW!!! I know it will be hard without some of us there.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast