Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Musical History of DL Set..Is it available at DL?

Is it available at DL anytime soon or would I have to just wait it out on disney direct.. DDirect says its next shipment is in 3 weeks. I WANT IT NOW..hahaha i live 10 misn form DL so I rather dirve there and check everyday..=P.. Anyone know, esp if you work there, if theyll be getting more at DL? Please any info..

Thanksss
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Id say wait it out...I went this weekend to get a set (after canceling my order with DD) and the park was completely sold out. They arent getting anything until next month....so DD is prolly getting it at the same time :/
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

DisneyDirect just shipped me TWO for some reason! LOL. Want my extra one?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Kepp it for yourself or sell it on ebay for a profit jmuboy.. but for reals thanks for offering. I guess ill jsut order it on DD.com I was there on May5th after the cermony went to the store and they said they didnt have anyore left.. =( so ive bene without this set for 2 weeks now..hahaha I really want it so i can have Remember ..fireworks show on cd.. and my kids would lvoe to hear all those rides in the car..Ill wait it out.. thanks

• Minion

Well, I already got my CD copy of the 1956 "Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland" album, the gold vinyl LP included in the Musical History of Disneyland set, since it's available for, um, $15.99 at the 20th Century Music Shop, using the burn-it-now kiosks (I also got the soundtrack for the True Life Adventure film Secrets of Life, which is really very lovely music, and the Haunted Mansion attraction soundtrack CD). Sounds just perfect, and I can get the regular Musical History set sans gold LP when it comes out in September, so it won't be such a hit on my finances.

By the way, I was there this past week, and they have PLENTY of the 2-disc version of the set, "The Happiest Homecoming On Earth", and you can either drive up Harbor and get it at World of Disney or order it from DeliverEars (800-362-4533) for $24.98. With shipping and tax it comes to $32.87, and that has "Remember Dreams Come True" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by trentino of magicmusic.net
    The Official Album of the Disneyland Resort: The Happiest Homecoming On Earth
    Check out the discussion of this release here:
    http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/in...;threadid=1989

DISC ONE
    DISNEYLAND PARK
    Main Street
    1. Walt Disney’s Dedication of Disneyland (July 17th, 1955)
    2. All Aboard! – Main Street Station
    3. Meet Me Down On Main Street – The Melomen
    4. Alexander’s Ragtime Band – Rod Miller at Coke Corner
    Adventureland
    5. The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room – The Enchanted Tiki Room
    6. The Indiana Jones Adventure – Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    7. Swisskapolka – Swiss Family Treehouse
    8. Tarzan’s Treehouse
    New Orleans Square
    9. Swanee River – The Royale Street Bachelors
    10. Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life For Me) – The Pirates of the Caribbean
    11. Grim Grinning Ghosts – The Haunted Mansion
    Critter Country
    12. Bear Band Serenade – Country Bear Jamboree
    13. Splash Mountain Medley – Splash Mountain
    14. The Great Outdoors – Country Bear Vacation
    15. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Frontierland
    16. The Rainbow Caverns – Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland
    17. Once Upon a Dream – King Arthur’s Carousel
    18. The Fantasyland Darkride Suite
    19. It’s a Small World

DISC TWO
    Mickey’s Toontown
    1. Steamboat Willie
    2. Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin
    Tomorrowland
    3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Exhibit
    4. The Monorail Song – The Alweg Monorail
    5. Miracles From Molecules – Adventure Thru Inner Space
    6. Star Tours
    7. There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow – The Carousel of Progress
    8. Space Mountain
    9. Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters
    10. Space Mountain (New Daytime Track)
    11. Remember When – LeeAnn Rimes

DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
    The Golden State
    12. Soarin’ – Soarin’ Over California
    13. It’s Tough To Be a Bug
    14. Seasons of the Vine (Medley)
    15. The Bakery Theme – Boudin Bakery
    Paradise Pier
    16. California Screamin’
    Hollywood Pictures Backlot
    17. Playhouse Disney
    18.Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Disneyland Resort
    19. Remember, Dreams Come True – Fireworks Spectacular
    Last edited by SilentBob66; 05-24-2005 at 02:57 PM.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Disney worshipper/geek

Well, I went last week and they said they were sold out in the ENTIRE PARK! The guy gave me the number for Disney DelivEARS and they told me they're not selling them at the park anymore because of the demand and something about the golden vinyl, and they're just gonna do the black vinyl. So now I have two problems:

1. What is the difference? Does this mean they won't sell me the one off DD? cuz that's the one I want.
    2. IMPORTANT: I wanted to use my 20% off coupon and the guy ay 20th Century Music said I could, now I can't on DD, so now I can't afford it. You know the coupon I mean, the one you get for renewing...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Thanks a bunch Silentbob.. im gonna go there after work..=P ill check WoD at DtD.. hahaha thanks again!This cd will hold me off...for a while..hahaha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    Well, I went last week and they said they were sold out in the ENTIRE PARK! The guy gave me the number for Disney DelivEARS and they told me they're not selling them at the park anymore because of the demand and something about the golden vinyl, and they're just gonna do the black vinyl. So now I have two problems:

1. What is the difference? Does this mean they won't sell me the one off DD? cuz that's the one I want.
    2. IMPORTANT: I wanted to use my 20% off coupon and the guy ay 20th Century Music said I could, now I can't on DD, so now I can't afford it. You know the coupon I mean, the one you get for renewing...
    I just checked DD.com, and they're selling the black vinyl version of the LP too. I'd just go to 20th Century Music, get the same album on CD for $15 from the kiosks, get the 2-disc Happiest Homecoming on Earth CD in one of the nearby stores (which includes some DCA music that's not available on the 6-disc) just to tide me over until September, when I can get the "standard" 6-disc set (which includes everything BUT the vinyl) when it becomes available nationwide. That's what I'm doing.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Banned User

Walt disney World had the gold Vinyl.. In fact I Purchased it last week.... (I love the 6 CDs.... & Book..)

Amazing, WDW still had them at the Art of disney (or whatever the shop is called next to it at DTD..) and DL & Direct are sold out...

• Head Salesman

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    I'd just go to 20th Century Music, get the same album on CD for $15 from the kiosks, get the 2-disc Happiest Homecoming on Earth CD in one of the nearby stores (which includes some DCA music that's not available on the 6-disc) just to tide me over until September, when I can get the "standard" 6-disc set (which includes everything BUT the vinyl) when it becomes available nationwide. That's what I'm doing.
    Just curious: why are you waiting for the national release? It's gonna be the same price. And while you can listen to the CD recorded Walt album, you'll never own a repro of the actual record.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Actually, I've heard in a few places that the retail price for the national release will be $99.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Head Salesman

Really? That's news to me. Actually, you'd probably be able to get a cheap set at Overstock.com if they decide to stock it.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    Just curious: why are you waiting for the national release? It's gonna be the same price. And while you can listen to the CD recorded Walt album, you'll never own a repro of the actual record.
    Quite honestly, it has to do mostly with finances (another $100+ purchase would kill me right now, especially after my pricey vacation - remember, not everyone who loves Disney has a money tree in their backyard....or even a backyard), but also because I don't have a turntable and would thus have little use for a vinyl LP (as well as storage issues). Not that I wouldn't enjoy one - I'm just more about what's ON the record than possessing the actual original medium itself. I figure one of these days I'll get a decent turntable, perhaps even a nice retro portable design like what TEAC offers, and I can enjoy collectible vinyl then perhaps, but right now it's just impractical for me to get something in vinyl if I have a CD option. Owning a repro of the LP just isn't quite the priority to me as it might be to others.

That said, I do consider the 6-disc (and book) set worth the $125 pricetag, with or without the vinyl repro LP, but, as was pointed out, since it'll be available nationwide, it's likely that it could be obtained for $99 or even less at some of the discount online retailers like Amazon. And since most of the tracks are easily heard online (Live365, Visions Fantastic, etc.), I can wait a few more months. After all, I waited how many years to hear some of these again? A few months won't make that great a difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Actually, I've heard in a few places that the retail price for the national release will be $99.
    The $99 price for the set (sans vinyl) was printed in the Summer issue of Disney Magazine (the last one ).

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    It's be great to have this set! Bring disneyland home!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast