Here! Here!Originally Posted by MarkS01
Just tally up the things we've seen and the news for the future we've heard:
1. A fading and deteriorating park has.. at no small expense... been refreshed and renewed.
2. Space Mountain, which lay dead for years is being refurbished and enhanced.
3. The Submarines, which lay dead even longer, are being refurbished and enhanced.
4. Rocket Jets going back up!
5. People Mover returning.
6. Ugly rock formations due for removal.
7. TL returning to the classic color scheme.
8. JC refreshed and enhanced.
9. Tiki refurbed and enhanced.
10. POTC upgraded (only slightly, but that's better than nothing!)
11. HM enhanced.
12. Splash Mountain refurbed.
13. Castle refurbed.
14. Matterhorn refurbed and refreshed.
15. A new steam engine is joining DLRR.
16. New monorail trains are being built.
...and on and on. All this AND a huge 50th celebration event. Think of it, MiceChatters: These are things that we could only dream of just a few years ago. Now they've actually happened or will soon. How many times have we said, "Oh, if they would only ________________." and now we've seen it done!
For Disneyland fans, this is a very exciting time. And, in many ways, what is happening now is mostly "catch-up." Opening rides that had closed. Refurbing rides that had gotten worn. Repainting facades that had faded. Getting the park back to where it should have been all along. Once that has been accomplished, it will be even more exciting to see what happens next!