Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Where's my other cent?

Bye Bye jagged rocks!

I have to say, I think that Al's bit of news about the removal of the TL rocks is fantastic. This is more than just paint. It's far more permanant than paint. I'm thrilled that TDA is taking serious action to restore this area of the park. The rumors about the return of past favorites, like the PM and Subs, has really whet my appetite, the paint really made me hopeful, but the demolition of something so strongly attached to the past failure is downright exhilirating. Am I the only one who's excited about this? I'm sure most of you guys are too, right?

I for one hate those god awful rocks, they totally obstruct your view of the rest of the park. I'm really excited for the new TL look. (or old rather)

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I am hoping that the announcement on the 17th will be more than just Nemo as Al is suggesting. Announcing new monorails, Nemo Subs, and a new Peoplemover style attraction would be a huge announcement for the special date.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Ill be more than excited once i see a wall built aroudn tommorow land to remove everything from the end of peoplemover track forward..pretty much the rockets, sign, and the ugly rocks. Put a small but futuristic sign with the new tommorowland logo on it. Thats when ill be jumping for joy..=) im glad its even being considered.. And having Al actually say that it may happen brings a smile to my face.. =)
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Hooterville, USA

If the people mover comes back, put me down as the #1 fan of it! It will be a must ride for me everytime I'm there.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Baybeh!

I was hoping rock removal would be part of the upswing! They are just in the way, always have been.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I never saw what the rocks had to do with Tomorrowland at all. Nor did I get the whole "Montana Future" concept Eisner was so pushy about!

• Who's your DaddyB?

Thank you Al for breaking the news to us! I am just so happy!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    If they get rid of the rocks, will they bring back the really pretty flower islands that they used to have (or do I get a free lunch from their Agrifuture theme)? :devil:
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I've always thought the "rocks" were an eyesore, let alone just a pain to get around. And of course, they're so realistic looking . Now if they move the astro orbitor back on top of the people mover, people will actually be able to walk into Tomorrowland again and it won't take 10 minutes to get through the throng of people crowded in that area .

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    If they get rid of the rocks, will they bring back the really pretty flower islands that they used to have (or do I get a free lunch from their Agrifuture theme)? :devil:
    youknow I've always wondered if that theme was encouraging me to not buy food and simply pick the planters for substanence

I dunno about removing the rocks they are kind of neat but they deffinatly don't fit anymore and I don't think they CAN look like martian rocks (no wait Mars is red isn't it? um whatever planet is blue or whatever :P they don't look futuristic) I do think the rocks are kinda a bleh thing in other ways since I'm almost positive that the rocks in Paris actualy have function rather then just sitting around like ours

removing them is fine if they still move the orbiter up to the platform

the wider paths would be nice and they could still put other theme elements in that don't obscure views but do give a since of close coolness

I'll still insist they should move the cosmic waves marble up to the front and setup some sort of fountain system (in place of those flagpoles giant jets of water ) thus allowing people to walk past but little kids can push around the marble and such if they want

• Minion

This is very welcome news. The rocks must go, period, no debate about it. Tomorrowland must be properly restored and be once again a beacon of hope and optimism for Park Guests. A new PeopleMover and the return of the Astro Orbiter (aka Rocket Jets) to the top of the platform are mandatory in accomplishing this. That which has been broken must be fixed. This is non-negotiable.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• I was deleted.

It's hard for me to remember Tomorrowland without the rocks already. They must go.

Taking out the giant chocolate bars huh? Good riddance. Creating a bottleneck at the entrance to a land, especially one that is going be seeing some increased business in the coming months, was stupid to begin with, thank goodness that decision is being reversed.
    Now if only something could be done to open up the entrance to Adventureland, that bottleneck is unforgiveable.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Where's my other cent?

I'll still insist they should move the cosmic waves marble up to the front and setup some sort of fountain system (in place of those flagpoles giant jets of water ) thus allowing people to walk past but little kids can push around the marble and such if they want
    Hey, that's not a bad idea.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is glad to see them go. They always made me think I was in "Some other planet Land," not Tomorrowland.

What does everyone think, should they just pave over where these things sit and make a giant walkway, or should they add some flowers gardens? Should they put that marble up front or something else? I know this have been discussed before on other threads, but that was more when something like this was a wish, now it's actually happening. What does everyone think?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast