Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Some Questions...

On Feb. 11th -17th we will be staying at DL Hotel. We are taking our youngest granddaughter there for her 3th birthday. She will still be 2 until March but she won't know. Of course her parents will be joining us and then half way into the stay another family of 3 will also be joining us. I am so excited to see DL with my granddaughter as it will be her first time and she has been talking about it for 3 months. She thinks she is a Princesses too so she is excited to meet them. I have a few questions.
    1. Parking is included if we self park. Does anyone know were we find this parking area and if it is really hard to get your luggage to your room from there? Or is there a check in area and then you can self park?

2.We have paid for a room with a view. I am hoping that we can get a room so we can see the fireworks from our room so our little one will not be frightened by the noise, should I ask for a certain tower and/or floor.

3. Are there any golf courses close to Dinseyland? Can you rent clubs at the golf course or will we need to bring our own.
    We are driving as we live in Central California but the SUV will have 6 adults and 2 children in it on the way home.

4. Is there anything else I should know.
    Thank you all for your help. I love this board!!!~
    Last edited by gigikay; 01-11-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Soime Questions...

Call the hotel for the first 2 questions. Can't help you with the golf clubs.

Welcome to MC by the way.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been keeping notes on all the great ideas I get from this board. Everyone is so helpful.

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

1. There is a 20 minute parking area near the front desk to unload your luggage and then move the car into the multi-level parking structure which you'll pass by on your right as you drive up to the hotel.

2. The Marina and Seirra Towers are your better bets, but as for which is better/floor is better I'm not that sure other than higher the better.

3. There's a driving range behind my apartment complex about a mile away, but as for a full size course, I'm not sure.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I am a local so I have no idea on the first question. As far as the fireworks are concerned, I have no idea if there will be a view, but please be aware of no matter where you stay, the fireworks will be LOUD!!! Look at it this way: I live in Newport Beach, which is about 15 miles south of Disneyland (about a 20 minute drive) and I can still hear them from my house. Granted it isn't loud from there, but I do hear small popping noises in the air during the time they go off.

As far as golf courses are concerned, I am not much of a golfer but there are quite a few near Disneyland. I will give you a few and you can google them for more info: Anaheim Hills Golf Course in Anaheim Hills and Mile Square Golf Course in Fountain Valley. Irvine has Oak Creek Golf Club, Rancho San Joaquin Golf Center, and Strawberry Farms Colf Course.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to micechat.
    There is one course in Anaheim and one in Anaheim Hills. The one in Anaheim looks to be about 5 miles away. Here is a link to there site: http://www.playanaheimgolf.com/golf/...ayanaheimgolf/
    The one called Dad Miller is about 5 miles away. Here is directions from Disneyland Hotel http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...heim&2s=Ca&2z=
    I would call them to make sure you can rent clubs but they do have a pro shop and all.
    Last edited by disneyfnatc; 01-11-2007 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Change a link

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Also try Dad Miller Golf Course on Magnolia...

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Room with a view...

I realize now that the main reason you want a room with a view is the fireworks. Well since Disneyland is in it's off season I went ahead and looked at the upcoming schedule on their website. Fireworks will be going on the 11th (Sunday), 12th (President's Day), and the 16th (Friday). I suppose having them on Valentines day might make some sense too, but there is nothing to indicate that on their website yet.

Just so you know.
    Last edited by Pipeek; 01-11-2007 at 10:33 AM. Reason: wording was bad

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Some Questions...

The 9th floor or above of the Sierra Tower will work out great for viewing the fireworks (and DTD and both Parks). You can also get a great view of the infamous baseball diamond on top of the ESPN Zone.

Yeah, you can park in the check-in area of the Hotel and load/unload your vehicle if you don't want assistance with them, otherwise park in the row in front of the lobby entrance and they'll take care of your luggage for you. We usually self-park in the lot right next to it rather than the parking structure, but that is our preference.

Be sure and get the complimentary balloons and birthday greeting photo's of Mickey and Minnie (and others) which can be "personalized" by the CM when you check in. Your granddaughter will love them!

And of course, get the birthday button from City Hall on Main St, and make the B-day call from there too! And free tortilla's from the tortilla factory in DCA. They're yummy!

Have a GREAT time!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard=fun View Post
    Also try Dad Miller Golf Course on Magnolia...

I second this recommendation! This was Tiger Woods course as a youngster and is the future home to his "Learning Center." It's literally, "down the street" from the DL resort area. Do a search on Dad Miller Golf and it should tell you a contact number that you can call to see if club rentals are an option. I've played there and many courses in the Anaheim/ greater southern California area and I don't remember seeing much in the way of rentals, though..

Oh, thank you all so much. This is so much help. I am getting more excited by the minute.

• Beer is good beer.

Smile Re: Some Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by gigikay View Post
    1. Parking is included if we self park. Does anyone know were we find this parking area and if it is really hard to get your luggage to your room from there? Or is there a check in area and then you can self park?

2.We have paid for a room with a view. I am hoping that we can get a room so we can see the fireworks from our room so our little one will not be frightened by the noise, should I ask for a certain tower and/or floor.

4. Is there anything else I should know.
    Thank you all for your help. I love this board!!!~

1. There are two self-parking lots: 1) on the roof of the Convention Center - this is sometimes blocked off if there is a big function going on - usually on a Saturday. You actually pass the other lot as you go through the booth to enter the hotel property. It is a bit of a walk, but not too bad. You follow the sidewalk and it takes you straight into the Marina Tower. Be sure to put your parking pass on the dashboard after you check in!

2. Rooms in the Marina Tower facing the parking structure actually have a terrific view of the fireworks. We've had a room as low as the third floor and were able to watch the whole show. Also, rooms facing Downtown Disney in the Sierra Tower (the higher the better because of EPSN and other Downtown Disney buildings may block the view) have a good view.

4. Have you used the Disneyland Vacation Planning Service? (Free to Disney hotel guests) Call 714-300-7526 and they will make your dining reservations for you! Since you will have small children, I'd recommend breakfast and dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Make your reservations now by calling the number above if you haven't already - it's very popular!

Have a wonderful vacation at my favorite hotel!
    M A S E C A !

Thanks again everyone!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Play this carefully though. If you are going for her birthday and she's walking around with a button that says "3" on it, you will be asked to buy a ticket for her.
    A signature should go here.

How should we do this? Should we take a birth certificate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast