Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Disneyland VS. Disneyworld

Alright, here is my dilema, my family and I have only been to disneyland once, and that was last november 2005, and we absolutely fell in love with the place. I am a huge fan now, never could understand why a co-worker of mine would also go to disneyland with her family for her vacations, until I went and then the magic opened my eyes. Needless to say we are planning another trip back there either this november or January/February 2008. My question is should it be the park that I fell in love with, Disneyland, or should it be Disneyworld. No one that I know has been to Disneyworld and the only thing that I have heard is that it is the same but Disneyworld is much Larger. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also any Pros/Cons on a November, I am thinking before the thanksgiving weekend, or January/February trip.

thanks

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Disneyland VS. Disneyworld

Disneyworld would be fun for a week if you never gone. You will still have a good time. But it's also more humid there. Another thing is that since there's more to do there, you'll be required to spend a lot more moolah on hotels!

Magic Kingdom has nothing on Disneyland so you will be disappointed if you start comparing the two. But Disney World has Epcot and Animal Kingdom too.

Of course if you come to Disneyland, we're all here too!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I think it should be a cage match.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've never been to Walt Disney World, only Disneyland...but I do know that it is in dire need of TLC from reports that I've read (you might want to take a look at Kevin Yee's columns on miceage.com). Yes, Disney World is bigger, but Disneyland is still very fresh and clean and is being maintained.

But at the same time, you've already been to Disneyland and never Disney World...and I will admit that even though I know that the latter needs TLC, I still want to go there.

I should also warn you that you'll probably get more biased opinions on the strictly Disneyland board

Read up on it.

• Omnimover Groover

I'd say try Walt Disney World, but only if you're going to see all 4 parks.
    If you are going to only see Magic Kingdom in FL, then I would go back to DL for the next trip.
    People aren't successful because they have never failed.....they are successful because failing hasn't stopped them.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Ive never been to WDW, only DL. Because of that, Id say WDW.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Infinitized!

I'm hoping someday I can do a Disneyland World Tour and visit all the parks around the world. Start with Tokyo, then Hong Kong, Paris, Orlando, and end with Anaheim.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I think it should be a cage match.

That would go all well and good for about 10 min then Universal Studios would run in and hit Disneyworld with a chair. Then Six Flags would get pissed he wasnt there and run in and throw someone onto an announcer table. It would be a giant mess

• The pride is back.

I've been to both (actually more to WDW than DL). As others have said, the Magic Kingdom at WDW is not just a clone of DL, and MGM, Animal Kingdom, and especially Epcot have a lot to offer.

Here's my quick take, for better or worse:

1. Magic Kingdom - bigger than DL, so it loses a bit of intimacy, but the crowd control's a tad better for that, too. No Indy, Alice, Matterhorn, Pinocchio or Roger Rabbit. Pirates is much shorter and lacking. No Mary Blair facade on IASW. A couple of DL attractions are found at other WDW parks (Star Tours at MGM and HISTA at Epcot, for example).
    DO NOT MISS: Splash Mountain. It was built from the ground up. The AAs and ride system (side-by-side rather than log-ride style) are far superior, and the ride's a bit slower, which is an improvement.

2. Epcot - My favorite of the parks at WDW. If you can, try to spend more than one day here to get the full effect. I haven't done Mission: Space, but everything else. Great restaurants and shopping at World Showcase.
    DO NOT MISS: Illuminations

3. Animal Kingdom - I'm so-so on this one, but it's got a lot of atmosphere and some cool experiences. The Tree of Life's exterior is an attraction in itself - there's so much detail carved into it that I seem to find new things in it every time I visit.
    DON'T MISS: Everest (a no-brainer)

4. Disney/MGM Studios - Some of what's here can be found in one form or another at either Disneyland or DCA: Star Tours, Muppets, Tower of Terror. They do a very cool Indy stunt show, and the Great Movie Ride, while it could use some TLC, is still quite a show. The Wicked Witch AA in the Wizard of Oz scene is uncanny. Oh, and do you like Tower of Terror at DCA? Wait til you see it at MGM.
    DON'T MISS: Sci-Fi Dine-In. Pretty good food in an awesome atmosphere.

There are also more options on property for the hotel. If you end up going in January/February (recommended - Thanksgiving week is a nightmare), the All-Star Resorts can be had for about $90-100 a night or less. They're not as nice as some, but they're still Disney. If your budget can manage it, I'd recommend the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Wilderness Lodge or the Polynesian. BTW, it's not always that humid, esp. Jan/Feb.

Their Downtown Disney is enormous, with a DisneyQuest, Cirque du Soleil and a few other features ours doesn't have room for. I also recommend Fantasia Gardens miniature golf.

Have a blast!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    That would go all well and good for about 10 min then Universal Studios would run in and hit Disneyworld with a chair. Then Six Flags would get pissed he wasnt there and run in and throw someone onto an announcer table. It would be a giant mess
    I think Six Flags is in jail...

• Hooterville, USA

There's only one original. Everything else is second best.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I'm hoping someday I can do a Disneyland World Tour and visit all the parks around the world. Start with Tokyo, then Hong Kong, Paris, Orlando, and end with Anaheim.

Yah I so want to do that too. But I think I would start with Florida, then Paris, then Hong Kong, then Tokyo, and finally back home in CA.

Hehe you know.. go BIG and work my way through the new, to get to the original. Plus Tokyo is always complimented on being the cleanest, so I think I would love to have that memory fresh before hitting Disneyland.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

My only concern for going in January or Febraury is how many rides or attractions would be closed for maintenance, as I am assuming that this would be the time they may choose to do this. At least in November , and trust me I am going to be nowhere near it during thanksgiving week, I would think everything is going to be in full swing because of thanksgiving and christmas.

•   

Never been to WDW, but I'm dying to ride the Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom...I believe it's always relatively crowded at WDW, but you should post in the WDW section and see what's what.

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I believe it's always relatively crowded at WDW, but you should post in the WDW section and see what's what.
    Fall and winter tend to be lighter, holidays excepted, of course. There isn't the local crowd issue like there is in CA. There is a definite off-season (check out the hotel rates for proof).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast