Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What to do with Hollywood Pictures Backlot (or at least what I would do)

^ thatd be sweet. i love the things we can do with technology these days. i mean for superman returns they freakin brought marlon brando (spl? that doesnt look right) back from the dead!!!! that was awsome!!

p.s.-thank your army man (dog tags in your sig.) for his service. it means more to me than i can ever express in words, and coming from an english/communications major, thats sayin somethin
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• ISTC Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Mineux View Post
    Actually, there is something called Pro Tools (if you have ever heard Evanessence, you have heard this technology) that can modulate a voice into how ever you want it to sound. There are lots of recordings of Walts voice that can be fed into this program and modulated into new words and narrations. Its actually quite simple. Not that hard at all.
    Wow! I didn't know you could do that with Pro-Tools. I used to be in a band and that's what we used for recording our CDs, but I wasn't the one producing so I never really touched it.

That's pretty interesting.
    Always follow your dreams...

• Minion

I wonder if it is at all possible to build The Little Mermaid Dark ride in that area. I think if they used the trackless technology for that ride it would be great, plus its not pixar and it would fit well within the backlot theme.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion FOREVER!

Minor nit..... I think Walt said something to the effect that he never wanted an AA of
    himself.... could be wrong... maybe someone w/ links to WDI or a former Imagineer could comment?

Anyway, I like the theme. Not sure about the rides.

Personally, I would like more unique rides than the MGM ones. And I'm not sure
    how Muppets ride would be.

What I would love for the Muppets is to just have a complete AA Muppets
    Show show. Forget the 3D. It would be a hoot to be like if you were really in an
    audience of the live show. It has a built in audience (Muppet Show fans)
    and can be changed. The only problem is that Muppets doesn't work w/ the theme
    too well (Walt's Hollywood). Same w/ Monsters. Inc. Too bad that we can't move
    RR here. Thematically, it would be a good match.

As you've noted the GMR is a good fit (I just don't like transplants).

For a LA/Hollywood ride, how about a personal limo simulater ride?
    (You get into an older limo (befittig the time), screens simulating windows.
    You tell the driver where you want to go (in Hollywood), some snafus occur,
    (heck, put in a "loop"!)
    but you make it to the Oscars on time w/ red carpet, pappirazi.... etc. (where
    you get off).... Basically, super "plus" the Limo concept.

• ISTC Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    Minor nit..... I think Walt said something to the effect that he never wanted an AA of
    himself.... could be wrong... maybe someone w/ links to WDI or a former Imagineer could comment?
    I seem to remeber something about that as well. Alright time to search the web for that quote.
    Always follow your dreams...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12