Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Transportation IN DCA???

Alright, I think I know the little charm that DCA might be missing. You think about things and DL has a train, a monorail, a firetruck, an omnimover, a horsedrawn carriage (and formerly the Peoplemover and Skyway). These are several means of transportation to one area to the other in Disneyland and always gives you the feeling of movement through the park. And I'm thinking that this might be what DCA is missing (not all of it, but attentions to details like this). Wouldn't it be cool if you could board a trolley (not a jolley one) that would take you to different destinations in DCA or how about "Studio" tram ride that took you from one end of HSB to the other. Or hey, how about transferring that People Mover idea to DCA (honestly, I know everyone wants it in Tomorrow Land, but DCA might need it more. Let's ignore the fact that TL already has the track) and you can theme it to Incredibles or CARS or anything Pixar and have it transport you all around the park. Heck, even a Monorail stop would help add to this feel in the park. Or another idea is a boat ride through the Paradise Pier lake. The possibilities are endless because of the theme of the park actually goes with the idea of all kinds of different transportations.

• Comin' at ya!

Re: Transportation IN DCA???

I will say, I was there a few weeks ago. And I hadn't gone on Screamin' california yet, but I didn't want to walk ALL the way to paradise pier just for that ride. They should have some form of transportation. I don't think it would solve the problems, but it would make it a little more enjoyable.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Yeah, this transportation idea was discussed before and I agree with it. Adding some form of transportation would be a definite plus to DCA, but I don't think PM would be the best idea.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB View Post
    Alright, I think I know the little charm that DCA might be missing. You think about things and DL has a train, a monorail, a firetruck, an omnimover, a horsedrawn carriage (and formerly the Peoplemover and Skyway). These are several means of transportation to one area to the other in Disneyland and always gives you the feeling of movement through the park. And I'm thinking that this might be what DCA is missing (not all of it, but attentions to details like this). Wouldn't it be cool if you could board a trolley (not a jolley one) that would take you to different destinations in DCA or how about "Studio" tram ride that took you from one end of HSB to the other. Or hey, how about transferring that People Mover idea to DCA (honestly, I know everyone wants it in Tomorrow Land, but DCA might need it more. Let's ignore the fact that TL already has the track) and you can theme it to Incredibles or CARS or anything Pixar and have it transport you all around the park. Heck, even a Monorail stop would help add to this feel in the park. Or another idea is a boat ride through the Paradise Pier lake. The possibilities are endless because of the theme of the park actually goes with the idea of all kinds of different transportations.

Awesome ideas!

A San Fran trolly track would be awesome!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• California Golden Bear

DCA certainly needs something although I hardly think transportation is the little charm the park is missing, after all one would hardly say the Main Street Vehicles make Disneyland what it is. Still, if they were to go the way of the peoplemover tomorrow no doubt they would be missed. Attractions like those are part of the subtle themeing that makes Disneyland so special and that is something DCA sorely needs.
    This isn't the first proposal for transportation in DCA, others have proposed and there are rumors about limos in HPB, old fashioned tour buses through the Golden State and street cars to the pier and I think they're all great ideas.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

There certainly is a lack of kinetics in DCA aside from Paradise Pier, but even those don't impress. Golden Zephyr is always down due to wind conditions, Jumpin Jellyfish doesn't go that high, Mulholland Madness and Orange Stinger are almost enclosed, etc.

Before DCA gets to transportation, they need to redesign the entire layout of the park. They need a warehouse backstage to house all of this. It's a bit easier said than done and I really do think the park needs it to happen.

Here's a few things that I recommend to be done before transportation can begin:

1) change Hollywood Pictures Backlot into Hollywoodland, of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Architecture will resemble the days when they actually had a working cable car in the streets.

2) the entry way of DCA all the way to the sun hubcap need to be themed and redesigned.

3) The Bay Area, Bug's Land, Entrance to Paradise Pier needs to be redone so that that area isn't 100% restaurants.

4) Paradise Pier from the Golden Zephyr all the way up to the Orange Stinger should close and make way for a new land.

5) Paradise Pier hotel decimated and rebuilt... further further back away from DCA, thus allowing that side of DCA to be extended for actual backstage area. Disneyland Drive can go underground or through a tunnel... something.

Alright... now that those things are done, you can have a nice red cable car trolley that starts in the NEW land where some of Paradise Pier used to be that travels all the way to the main hub and maybe into Hollywoodland too.

Here's a pic for visual reference.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    DCA certainly needs something although I hardly think transportation is the little charm the park is missing, after all one would hardly say the Main Street Vehicles make Disneyland what it is. Still, if they were to go the way of the peoplemover tomorrow no doubt they would be missed. Attractions like those are part of the subtle themeing that makes Disneyland so special and that is something DCA sorely needs.
    This isn't the first proposal for transportation in DCA, others have proposed and there are rumors about limos in HPB, old fashioned tour buses through the Golden State and street cars to the pier and I think they're all great ideas.
    If you think about the time when Disneyland first opened, most of its attractions were trains and riverboats and streetcars. It's always nice to just take a leisurely excursion.

It would be really easy to add a Main Street Vehicles attraction to the Performance Corridor.

I can see having a collection of vehicles that each represent a different area of the park (a Dust Bowl-era truck for Bountiful Valley; a limousine for Hollywoodland; a convertible or a woodie for Paradise Pier; etc.).

Such an attraction has the potential to tie the park together nicely.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    There certainly is a lack of kinetics in DCA aside from Paradise Pier, but even those don't impress. Golden Zephyr is always down due to wind conditions, Jumpin Jellyfish doesn't go that high, Mulholland Madness and Orange Stinger are almost enclosed, etc.

Before DCA gets to transportation, they need to redesign the entire layout of the park. They need a warehouse backstage to house all of this. It's a bit easier said than done and I really do think the park needs it to happen.

Here's a few things that I recommend to be done before transportation can begin:

1) change Hollywood Pictures Backlot into Hollywoodland, of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Architecture will resemble the days when they actually had a working cable car in the streets.

2) the entry way of DCA all the way to the sun hubcap need to be themed and redesigned.

3) The Bay Area, Bug's Land, Entrance to Paradise Pier needs to be redone so that that area isn't 100% restaurants.

4) Paradise Pier from the Golden Zephyr all the way up to the Orange Stinger should close and make way for a new land.

5) Paradise Pier hotel decimated and rebuilt... further further back away from DCA, thus allowing that side of DCA to be extended for actual backstage area. Disneyland Drive can go underground or through a tunnel... something.

Alright... now that those things are done, you can have a nice red cable car trolley that starts in the NEW land where some of Paradise Pier used to be that travels all the way to the main hub and maybe into Hollywoodland too.

Here's a pic for visual reference.

Better hope someone doesn't send this picture to the Department of Homeland Security. lol

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The fabled Red Cars of Los Angeles would be great additions!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...70584&ei=UTF-8
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• "714"

I Second the idea!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The fabled Red Cars of Los Angeles would be great additions!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...70584&ei=UTF-8
    I totally agree. They would also be a nice addition to Los Angeles!

• Banned User

Another example of how cheap DCA is. Think about it, TDS has transport, DCA doesn't. It's as plain as day.

This is just a thought but what happens if they remove the parking lot behind DCA? Will the Mickey and Friends Structure be able to handle the load of added cars?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Here is what Al had to say about it a while back:

The Sunshine Plaza would still become a late 1920's salute to Los Angeles, as Walt would have found it when he arrived from Kansas City. Antique tour buses, open limousines and trolley cars would leave from this "hub" on routes that would deposit riders in various areas of the newly re-themed park. The 1950's streamliner train and many of the store fronts would be changed. But the area would take on a streetscape look, which was always a problem for the original Placemaking budget.

Originally, the Placemaking plan didn't have enough money to create curbs and streets in the area that is now just one big, flat open plaza. The WDI designers insisted that a street with real sidewalks and curbs would need to be built to create a legitimate city feel to the area, but there simply wasn't enough money in the 30 million budget to allow for such luxuries. In the current DCA budget WDI has the money for all the curbs and sidewalks they want.

Antique tour buses departing from the hub would take passengers into what is now known as Condor Flats, but what will be an extension of the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area. And you will no longer find a contemporary state park atmosphere with modern music and 21st century sporting gear as props, but rather a period specific state park perfectly coiffed and pristine just as Teddy Roosevelt had envisioned them in the early 1900's. The Condor Flats area would lose the desert theme, as readers may remember we mentioned awhile back as a concept for the Placemaking initiative. The whole area would become a Yosemite-like forest area, which would certainly help visitors who currently have a much too small section of the park to enjoy this successful DCA theme.

The open top Duesenberg-style limousines will take passengers down a Hollywood boulevard that has been scrubbed clean of its cheeky 21st century references, and instead turned into something more akin to the Hollywood Boulevard at Walt Disney World's MGM Studios. The Hyperion Theater would finally have its outdoor lobby enclosed, and the newer street leading to the Tower of Terror would have the existing facades beefed up and themed to the period. The back area of the Hollywood section where Monsters Inc. has been installed has caused more of a problem for WDI as they can't bear to remove the parks only existing dark ride after they worked so hard to get it approved. But what is planned to go away is the sparsely-attended MuppetVision show, as a reworked facility to house the popular Philharmagic 3-D show from Orlando and Hong Kong would go in its place.
    The rest is here: http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al100306b.htm
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast