Indy breaks down 5/23

My daughter is dying for me to post this... Does any CM know what caused Indy to break down yesterday (Monday)?

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    I dunno... but it seems to me like the real news would be if a day went by when it didn't break down at least once!

Was it down for the whole day?
    --Jonathan

I guess I've been lucky; that's one ride that hasn't broken down while we've been on it. It broke down at about 9pm, they turned on all the lights. We were already at the unloading dock. The ride that usually breaks down (or at least comes to a short stop) while we're there is Haunted Mansion.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    When i was young my Dad would tell me they had to shut down the ride for a bit to clear out the bodies of those who 'Didn't make it out'

Therapy helped.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by stacielee
    My daughter is dying for me to post this... Does any CM know what caused Indy to break down yesterday (Monday)?
    I'm not a CM, but...

I was stuck on Indy for about half an hour once, and all the lights came on as you described. We were stuck in the main show room, too, so we really couldn't go anywhere. When a CM finally came, and we asked what had happened, he said that the ride breaks down often, usually from a leak from one of the jeeps dripping onto the track. When that happens, the ride automatically shuts down. Obviously I don't know what happened in this instance, but this could have been the case.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by stacielee
    The ride that usually breaks down (or at least comes to a short stop) while we're there is Haunted Mansion.
    Part of the reason for frequent stops on the Haunted Mansion is not necessarily a "breakdown" but because the ride has to be stopped to load guests with disabilities. The constant motion of the "Doom Buggy" ride system cannot accomodate guests with special needs for loading assistance, so it must be stopped temporarily.

--Jonathan

• Defeats the Huns

Well it doesn't stop anymore for guests with disabilities unless they request for it to be completely stopped. The Haunted Mansion now has CREEP MODE that keeps the ride moving -- but at a slower pace.

But back on Indy--- my guess would be a the jeeping veering off track due to oil leak as well.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, maybe. It would be fun to get stuck on a ride

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Lost in Wonderland

I have no idea what type of problems they currently experience, but in the past sometimes a jeep in the loading area would fail to move forward, only to have a jeep behind it lightly bump into it (but unable to push it forward). You would hear the squealing of the rear jeep's engine as it continued to try to advance forward, and then a little bit of smoke.

But I'm sure there are plenty of other types of problems that can occur.

• Disneyland Freak

I'm guessing a standard 101. Slow loading/unloading guests cause a backup at the end of the ride which shuts it down.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• That's Hawt

Do you think they could work a creep mode into Indy? I doubt that would be possible with the high speed turblent sections though ... mabye just do the vroom vroom trying to start thing??? I don't know, but I have been stuck just past the boulder before for several minutes ... it sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    awwww, poor boulder not getting to see you! :P

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~