Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flash Photography

I'm just curious, what is everyone's opinions on flash photography in the park? Specifically in dark rides?

CMs specifically say not to use flash photography in the dark rides, yet people are constantly using it (especially in Pirates, what with Jack Sparrow there and whatnot). How do you guys feel about it?

Personally, it annoys me. It really hurts my eyes (they're a wee on the sensitive side). But what can I say to the boat in front of me? They can't hear me. Every once in a while I hear a CM speak up (and breathe a sigh of relief), but those instances are rare. In fact, one time I went on the ToT at WDW and someone right next to me was using a flash bulb! Totally ruined the ride for me.

So what do you guys do? Suggestions?

Re: Flash Photography

Take the batteries out of your camera and throw them at the boat ahead of you.

Seriously, the best thing that you can do is to send a letter and register your grievance. And, whenever it happens again, just tell a host or hostess once you exit, and he or she will usually try to speak with the other guest. If enough people do these things, the current management will make more of an effort to enforce the company's policies better, and the guests, themselves, will behave more decorously.

• no flash photography...

I don;t like flash photography on dark rides. If the person is in front of you ina boat, you can tell when they lift their camera up or aim it using the bright screen...I just close my eyes. The first flash usually gets me by surprise though.

I ahve told them to stop before and they have, but i always feel bad after....I hate to ruin someones day even if they just sparked a migrain for me....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I ahve told them to stop before and they have, but i always feel bad after....I hate to ruin someones day even if they just sparked a migrain for me....
    Don't feel bad, just think of how many people's days they ruined and they don't care one bit. They are the inconsiderate rule breaker not you.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

with the quality of digital cameras these days , a flash is hardly necessary , as we have seen from frogbertos AWESOME pictures. I myself have taken pictures inside of splash mountain and Pirates , and they turn out great without a flash

My Maleficent tattoo

• See you there!

Didn't we just finish a thread on "Flash Photography"

To sum up...

It's evil!
    Those who do it are the offspring of satan!
    We should throw all their cameras in the darkest, deepest pool!

There, I think that about covers it.

<the above post with tongue firmly planted in cheek>

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Huh?

We just finished about 3 flash photography threads -- 2 about flash photography on rides and 1 about how all flash photography is evil no matter what.

The conclusion: obey the rules and don't blame the camera if your flash photo sucks because, most likely, it's you that sucks.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL View Post
    Didn't we just finish a thread on "Flash Photography"
    It is true that we get a LOT of flash picture threads. I think it shows that there are a lot of people out there annoyed with the situation.

What gets me are the flash pictures taken that we all know will never even come out - like taking a flash picture of something behind glass in a dark room. When people flash pictures in the Ballroom of the Haunted Mansion, not only do they ruin the effect for the other guests, but their stupid picture usually doesn't even come out. Thus a total waste for everyone.

Perhaps they can install boxing gloves on telescoping arms at the top of the doombuggies. When someone takes a flash picture, the glove will punch them in the face. Should help alleviate the problem.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I believe the general answer is-Its bad, it sucks, its annoying. Your photos most likely wont turn out that great and will kinda ruin the magic of the ride.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

I think most people dont know that the image of that ghost wont show up in a flash photo. I think also that most people dont understand how a flash truely works with a photo so they just snap away and think they will get pics. I'm a photographer and I see people every trip taking flash photos I know wont come out and I just laugh. On the dark rides a flash is very annoying and I was on POTC one and the lady in front of me was going crazy with the flash. I prefer not to use a flash whenever possible and have my camera set to never use it, plus I shoot manual mode anyway. What I started doing when the flash picture taker people are on a ride with me is, I ignore then the first time, no big deal they want to sneak a quick pic that wont come out, but more than once they are ruining my experience and I speak up. If they are in the same boat or whatever with me I ask them nicely to stop with the flash pics, and so far everyone has complied, if they dont, well, I will tell the first C/M I see and point them out. If they are on another ride vehicle, I like say in a big booming vioce "no flash photography please" just like the C/M's do over the PA. This seems to work well.
    Steve

• official corn dog taster

sometimes i will leave my camera at home and just bring the flash and go on all the dark rides and just flash away until a cast member asks me to stop. Its a game i play, to see how many rides i can get a cast member to come over the speakers and ask me to stop.

my record:14 in a day
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• Comin' at ya!

You wanna know my opinion? Ok, those people make me want to grab them and push them out of the boat! I'm sorry, but when you're trying to enjoy POTC, and some person does a flash picture, not only does it ruin the atmosphere but it blinds you. I'm not talking about th eperson who does it once, I'm talking about the ones who do it like 70% of the ride....

i think they should enforce no flash photography a LOT more, especially on Dark rides.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    sometimes i will leave my camera at home and just bring the flash and go on all the dark rides and just flash away until a cast member asks me to stop. Its a game i play, to see how many rides i can get a cast member to come over the speakers and ask me to stop.

my record:14 in a day
    That seems a little rude, IMO. I mean, when people use flashes on rides it really is annoying. What if when you did that it was a kids first time riding the ride, and it was ruined by 14 flashes in the dark? Just something to think about...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Flash pictures don't help on dark rides. It ruins the effect the Imagineer's made for perspective without light. I like Dusty's idea that needs to be attached to the doombuggies.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast