Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

If you purchase it directly from Upper Deck, use the code CABIN to get a 20% discount! Enjoy

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    My husband shops on ebay all the time. I never do. He and I just were on there purchasing a box of these trading cards for $30 before shipping and handling. Pretty good deal I think. They had 12 sets for sale. We bought one. It was not a bid, but an outright sale. I am happy.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisLee
    In the picture, the Castle card and the Space Mountain card have 1952 on them. 1952???
    I wondered the same thing. Perhaps it's some kind of coding system, or those were prototypes and the numbers don't appear on the finished cards.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Santa Barbara, CA

i still have the 1965 trading card set, they were still selling them from an ice cream truck on my street in the late 70s..the gum was needless to say.. hard as a rock but what a cool surprise..still have them somewhere.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Still lost in Neverland

Ok. here's the good and bad news. The card box came today. Very small box, not at all what I was expecting. There are 65 cards that make a complete set as follows:

50 Disneyland Debut Attraction cards. I got a full set of these.
    10 Great Moments at Disneyland cards. I got all these as well.
    5 "Lands of Disneyland" cards. Got all of these as well.

The BONUS cards are as follows:
    50 Attraction Poster Cards packed 1 per pack. Needless to say I didn't get all of these. There were no duplicates but with only 24 packs per box, you will never get a complete set out of one box. They are nice reproductions of the posters that advertised the rides and each card has a write up on the back about the poster, the artist on some and the ride. These cards are not coated and have a matted finish. All the other cards are glossy coated cards.
    10 different die cut cut Haunted Mansion cards packe 1 per 6 packs. I didn't get all of these either, only 6. Kind of hard to get all ten out of a box. No duplicates here either.

There was a small amount of leftover Ride and Great Moments card, but not many.

Most of the cards are heavy glossy and coated. They are very nice.

The Castle Picture card for Debut Cards does have 1957 as the date. Strange.
    The Space Mountain has 1977 as the date.

Here is a breakdown of the 50 Debut ride cards:

1955: Disneyland Railroad; Mr Toad's Wild Ride; Dumbo; Mad Tea Party;Mark Twain;
    Tomorrowland Autopia; Rocket to the Moon; Horse Drawn Streetcars; Jungle Cruise;
    Casey Jr. Circus Train; Stage Coach; Penny Arcade; Main Street Fire Department; King Arthur's Carousel; Rivers of America; Monsanto Hall of Chemistry; Golden Horseshoe Saloon; Indian Village; Rainbow Ridge Pack Mules;
    1956: Tom Sawyer Island Rafts;
    1957: Sleeping Beauty Castle(?); House of the Future;
    1959: Disneyland-Alweg Monorail System; Matterhorn Bobsleds; Submarine Voyage; Fantasyland Autopia; Circarama Theater;
    1960: Main Street Electric Cars; Skull Rock;
    1962: Safari Shooting Gallery;
    1964: Swiss Family Treehouse;
    1966: Columbia Sailing Ship; It's A Small World; Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln;
    1967: People Mover; Rocket Jets; Priates of the Caribbean;
    1969: Haunted Mansion;
    1972: Main Street Electrical Parade; Country Bear Jamboree;
    1977: Space Mountain;
    1979: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad;
    1983: Pinnochio's Daring Journey;
    Up to this point the cards have all been in numercial order (1 - 43) Card 44 jumps back to 1966 for some reason and then the rest are in date order again. Strange.
    1966: Flying Saucers;
    1989: Splash Mountain;
    1993: Minnies House and Garden; Toontown City Hall;
    1998: Innoventions;
    1999: Tarzan's Treehouse;
    2001: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (card 50)

Strange choice of attractions. No mention of Snow White or Peter Pan's Flight, only Mr. Toad. No Roger Rabbit ride, or Gadgets Go Coaster et al. Only Minnies House and Toontown City Hall, not even Mickey's House & Movie Barn.

The next 50 cards are the Attraction Posters. (Cards 51 - 100)

The next 5 are the Lands: Main Street USA; Adventureland; Fantasyland; Frontierland & Tomorrowland. (Cards 101 - 105)

The next 10 are "Great Moments at Disneyland:
    106 - Mickey & Minnie 50th Celebration
    107 - Fantasmic!
    108 - Dual Marquee (for one day the original marquee stood side by side with the new
    109 - Balloon Release (for the 40th, one million balloons were released from Disneyland
    110 - Main Street Sings (The Christmas Choir and music, lights etc on Main Street)
    111 - Main Street Swimmers (That Pool Thing on Main Street for the gold medalist guy
    112 - Bicentennial (1975 celebration of America's Bi-Centenial Year)
    113 - Castle Fireworks
    114 - Party Gras Parade (The big character ballon parade for the 35th)
    115 - Partners (the addition of the Partners Statue in the Hub)

The Remaining 10 cards are made up of Haunted Mansion cards that have the upper left corner of the card cut in the shape of the Manor House. All cards have the same cut. Each card has a different picture of a moment from the attraction.

The "Regular 65 Cards" are the Debut Attractions (50), the 5 land cards and the 10 Great moments cards (65). The bonus cards are the 50 attraction poster cards and teh 10 Haunted Mansion for an aditional 60 cards. The last card is #125 and is the final Haunted Mansion Card.

It's a great set and I am glad that I got all the main cards. Getting the remaining 51 Poster Cards and the remaining 6 HM cards will be hard.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Wow. So even with a full box, there is still trading to be done. Sounds like fun!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    So thats 24 packs in a box. 6 cards in a box. 142 cards, 65 complete the basic set. The kids I ordered them for, should have a lot of fun just checking out all the facts and pictures. If anything, we will get a good history lesson. Sounds like some fun can be had for my 30 bucks. Wasn't too concerned about completing the set, just wanting to have a little fun with my grandson and the three other kids we are traveling with. Will be a nice gift to them for the anniversary.

May 11 - 16, 2015

24 packs to a box, 5 cards per pack, which means when you find a pack with a HM die cut card, one of the regular cards is missing. I noticed some packs had a poster card and 4 Debut Attraction cards. Some packs had the poster card, two Great Moments cards and 2 Debut Ride Cards. If a Land Card was in the pack, then a Great Moment or Debut Ride card was missing. They did a nice job of packing this box anyway. 24 poster cards, all different. All the Land Cards with 3 dupes, all the Debut Ride Cards with maybe a dozen or so dupes and all the Great Moment cards with only about 5 dupes. The 4 HM cards were all different with no dupes.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Rainicorn.

Oh crud. I wonder if these will be at Comic Con. Hmm. Nice, though.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

I finally got around to getting some trading card clear pasltic pages to put the cards in and while doing this noticed some strange things.

On the back of the "Debut Cards" there is a write up about the attraction. They have a few mistakes. Like Rocket to the Moon "taking you to space and then safely landing you on the dusty surface of the Moon". Uh, I don't think so. You went around the moon, but never landed. Also I thought the wrong date on the Castle might be referring the the walk throught, but nothin is mentioned on the back about anything but the Castle and it being totally redone for the 50th. There were a couple more that had mistakes on the attractions itself.

On the back of the Poster Cards, they all say the same thing. Only a few have the artists name at the top and it's usually Bjorn Anderson. One card has somebody elses name. Never heard of either of them.

Now I have to figure out a way to get the missing Poster Cards and the missing HM cards. I don't want to buy another box, and hope for the best as that would never happen. Does anyone here who is into card trading know where one can go online to find stuff?

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

We should talk! Maybe I'll have some of your missing cards and vice versa. Hopefully someone will know of other sites where individual cards may be sought. Could you tell me where you found the clear card pocket pages?

• Videographer

I will be interested. I have 3 boxes coming my way. They should be shipped tomorrow - so I might have them by next weekend.

That makes 3 of us so far.

BASS - Target, Walmart and any sports card trading store will have these protectors.

RU

Should I pm you guys about which cards I need? I gave away all my dupes to a good friend who can't afford the complete set and he really wanted to see the cards, so I don't have anything left of this set to trade with, and I really don't collect cards so I don't know what one does in cases like this. And I don't want to clog up the board with numbers and questions.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Videographer

When it comes time for me PM and or EMAIL works best. I plan on putting any of my needs in a Spread Sheet.

RU

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    I've never seen these before.
    I have a set of the Mickey cards... I really like them.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast