Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    They should make it one huge Rancho de Zocalo! LOL
    :O

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea

I don't want another Disney Sea. Even if we did get one, it would still pale in comparison with the one in Japan. I think we suffered enough anyway, they can fix up DCA if they really tried and it would be fantastic.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jepple View Post
    Why not? I could think of at least 100 million reasons, but I'm sure you as well as everybody else knows what they are.

I have time, Lets hear em'.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaRudison! View Post
    I Like Downtown disney & The Grand Californian.
    DTD may not have to go and GCH would be replaced with something along the lines of TDS's hotel.

Plus, I'd rather have something original and unique to California than a copy of another park they built somewhere else.
    What do you think every Disney "Magic Kingdom" style park in the world is? Totally unique and original? And besides, I'd rather have Disneysea than Disneyland.

• Hit it, Skip!

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    What do you think every Disney "Magic Kingdom" style park in the world is? Totally unique and original? And besides, I'd rather have Disneysea than Disneyland.
    I said unique to California. (Which the original Disneyland was by the way). I didn't think there was a California Adventure somewhere else.

And "Disneyland" is sort of what started all the other ones right?

I didn't say anything about the copies of Disneyland in other parts of the world. Unless you weren't addressing me and accidentally quoted me. In which case, my apologies for the mix up.

• Minion

Dont wanna be rude, but what are the chances theylle actually tear it ll down
    think about it..

Suggest Disney PAY for something? I like the idea of tearing out DCA and Downtown Disney, and expanding Timon parking lot, to about 100 acres! Then add a ride from the parked cars to the front gate...and call it...a 'tram'. They could also keep Disney characters in people's minds by naming each parking section after a Disney character! To make it quaint, they could install tall metal towers across this parking area and run high voltage powerlines over them, with bushes planted around them to hide them. Whatiya think?
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Sock Puppet

We really enjoyed dca ( but then we aint from california) i think thay just need to add a few more rides.and longer hours

they should make the timon parking area into Pleasure Island!!

• ...TWO BITS!

GCH would be replaced with something along the lines of TDS's hotel.
    Why destroy a perfectly good hotel? Besides, it's supposed to fit with Grizzly area in DCA.

The Disneyland Hotel and "Paradise Pier Hotel" are the ones that need better themeing, IMHO.

Why put Pleasure Island in Timon Lot? Seems like a waste for DCA expansion. And aren't they planning to expand DTD further northwest? Can probably have something "PI" there.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea
    Um, the ocean isn't right next door to it? Woudln't a "sea" themed park fit better, oh, I dunno, next to the sea?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Just why did the Spruce Goose end up in a small rural Oregon town anyway?

this isn't a derail at all btw
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Just why did the Spruce Goose end up in a small rural Oregon town anyway?

this isn't a derail at all btw
    I thought the people in that area voted not to build Disney Sea in the area around the Spruce Goose? Disney Sea was going to be built in CA, but people voted no so disney moved it to Japan.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

And besides, I'd rather have Disneysea than Disneyland.
    Whoa. Slow down there, buddy.

DisneySea is really, really great. Easily Disney's best second gate next to the o.g. EPCOT Center.

But it's still no Disneyland.

As for the OP, the biggest and easiest answer is $$$. It's fun to imagine, though. But it's just not gonna happen.

• Coming Soon To RCT2...

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Um, the ocean isn't right next door to it? Woudln't a "sea" themed park fit better, oh, I dunno, next to the sea?
    this dude is right...
    ***SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION***
    No, not really, i'm not working on a signature, I just said that because my signature space looks empty.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast