Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Sock Puppet

Re: Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Going back a few posts, DisneySea would have been a good idea if it wasn't going to be a water park, and just had attractions based on the ocean.

Also Walt Disney did not want Disneyland built near the ocean because he didn't want people coming in their bathing suits.
    DisneySea IS NOT a waterpark and therefore a great theme park. The park is called DisneySea because it is located right next to the ocean. And I have no idea if the last comment is true or not, but I believe the point is mute.

• Minion

Re: Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea

Going back a few posts, DisneySea would have been a good idea if it wasn't going to be a water park, and just had attractions based on the ocean.
    DisneySea was never meant to be a water park. It was very reminiscent of what WestCot was going to be like. However, Long Beach refused to let Disney go through with the concept so Tokyo got it instead. However, Tokyo got a very different version from what Long Beach would've gotten. Some concepts from the old idea came through, like the hotel being built inside the park. They also took a concept from WestCot and had the theme park combine with the hotel; a lot of the shops and restaurants in the park are located on the first floor of the hotel, with the lobby, hotel restaurants, and guest rooms located on the second to fifth floor.

Look at the huge selection of photos I posted. That is what DisneySea looks like as it exists in Tokyo today.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• n/a

Because if they do it, everyone on micechat will complain about how we never get anything original.

Yes, I went there.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Animatronic

The question should be, "Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, DTD, and half of Anaheim and build something way better than anything the planet has ever seen?"

• Sock Puppet

I would much rather Disney buy the convention center next door to DCA and any surround hotels they need and build West Cot in that area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB View Post
    I would much rather Disney buy the convention center next door to DCA and any surround hotels they need and build West Cot in that area.
    I agree. While having a DisneySea would be great, having a new park would be even better! That way, DisneySea would still remain completely unique to Tokyo.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• official corn dog taster

They should make it one huge Rancho de Zocalo! LOL
    and we could swim in a real sea of pinto beans!!!!
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    and we could swim in a real sea of pinto beans!!!!
    And maybe have a fart floor for Monsters Inc where our farts power the entire park.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Former Cast Member

I can vouch for DisneySea being the best non-magic kingdom park ever!!! My wife and I went two years ago and the theming was spectacular, the rides fun, and the shows depended on what you like. The service was like no other park and it was clean as soap.

I would love to see a DisneySea park built here on that scale, but I don't think there is the space around Disneyland to do it right. I say build it in Long Beach or go down to Carlsbad/Oceanside and build it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345