Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea?

Would there still not be enough room? Would it be too expensive?

Additionally, Disneyland needs to be refurbished so that it's at least on par with Disneysea.

Of course this is all wishful thinking and will never happen.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea

Why not? I could think of at least 100 million reasons, but I'm sure you as well as everybody else knows what they are.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: Why not tear out DCA, the Timon parking lot, the GCH, and DTD and build Disneysea

Well there is nothing wrong with timon parking, GCH and DTD. It is only the area inbetween this area that needs help. I only hope Lasseter's ideas don't get pushed out the window because of the budget!

• ...TWO BITS!

I'd rather they just suck it up and continue DCA the right way and show they world they still got it. Instead of throwing in the towel to make a big DTD. Or spend millions in demo and millions in rebuilding a new park. They just took DCA the wrong way trying to be hip and modern.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

There are lots of reasons this won't happen and I know it will never happen, but I just like the idea...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

The idea is there, but didnt disney buy property somewhere else in an idea to build a water park in Anahiem, but this idea never came too for some reason.

DCA will be fine in 10 years just wait and grow old!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• :)

Yea, it's the area right behind the cast member parking lot off Harbor & Katella, theres usually a strawberry stand there off to the side of the road..

What I believe would be a great Idea, is if Disney took the land where their building the garden walk and where they currently have all the cast member parking and overflow parking and built a park there...They could make Katella go Under the park like a tunnel (I know this would pose "terrorist" threats as somebody could cause damage under there...but they did it for downtown disney right? But anyways..took all that land and built on to the park...this is an enormous ammount of land...

They could build a parking structure for cast members thats actually closer to the park..I know how much CM's dispise the Katella-Lot...but there are some places off of Ball where they have overflow parking that never gets used... :/ just an idea..

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    There are lots of reasons this won't happen and I know it will never happen, but I just like the idea...
    They should make it one huge Rancho de Zocalo! LOL

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM View Post
    Yea, it's the area right behind the cast member parking lot off Harbor & Katella, theres usually a strawberry stand there off to the side of the road..

What I believe would be a great Idea, is if Disney took the land where their building the garden walk and where they currently have all the cast member parking and overflow parking and built a park there...They could make Katella go Under the park like a tunnel (I know this would pose "terrorist" threats as somebody could cause damage under there...but they did it for downtown disney right? But anyways..took all that land and built on to the park...this is an enormous ammount of land...

They could build a parking structure for cast members thats actually closer to the park..I know some places off of Ball where they have overflow parking that never gets used... :/ just an idea..
    Disney not building Garden Walk. They have nothing to do with it.

• :)

I know...but if they we're to buy that land, take their two overflow lots off harbor and the Cast Member parking area and add on to the park(s) would be a good idea in my opinion...

• Former Epcot CM

Why not?

Its a Disney fan's dream but in reality... erm. No.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    The idea is there, but didnt disney buy property somewhere else in an idea to build a water park in Anahiem, but this idea never came too for some reason.

DCA will be fine in 10 years just wait and grow old!
    6 years ago they said that DCA will be fine in 5 years.

I'd rather they just suck it up and continue DCA the right way and show they world they still got it.
    That's a whole lot of sucking!

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM View Post
    I know...but if they we're to buy that land, take their two overflow lots off harbor and the Cast Member parking area and add on to the park(s) would be a good idea in my opinion...
    I am not disagreeing with you, and in fact that is a great idea. Unfortunately they don't own the land and with retail going on it, I don't think it's going to get any less expensive any time soon.

And as for Speedway's question. Disney never owned that area because it was occupied by a church that left that area about 5 years ago. The landlord subsequently decided to put in Garden Walk, and it is in the beginning stages of development right now.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    That's a whole lot of sucking!
    Well, they blew it in the beginning.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Hit it, Skip!

I Like Downtown disney & The Grand Californian.
    Plus, I'd rather have something original and unique to California than a copy of another park they built somewhere else.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast