Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387

    How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    So, there has been clamoring for the return of The Country Bear Jamboree and I agree. And I also I'm a big fun of the original show, but what if WDI decided to bring the Bears back in a different way, turning them onto a new generation. What if Disney had decided to make a Country Bear Jamboree dark ride? I mean WDI obviously do have some of the old AA's in Florida ( as spare parts). And I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make another set of AA's for the attraction. Since Critter Country now belongs to Pooh, how about placing this dark ride in the Challenge Trail area? This will attract new and old Disney fans alike to DCA and wouldn't be a nostalgia stunt because as opposed to a show it would be brand new attraction based on an old one. I still believe that the Country Bear characters still have the charm they used to have.

  2. #2

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Kind of sounds like a Beary Tales at Knott's. It would be a bigger storyline, much more interesting, I love the idea.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    869

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB View Post
    So, there has been clamoring for the return of The Country Bear Jamboree and I agree. And I also I'm a big fun of the original show, but what if WDI decided to bring the Bears back in a different way, turning them onto a new generation. What if Disney had decided to make a Country Bear Jamboree dark ride? I mean WDI obviously do have some of the old AA's in Florida ( as spare parts). And I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make another set of AA's for the attraction. Since Critter Country now belongs to Pooh, how about placing this dark ride in the Challenge Trail area? This will attract new and old Disney fans alike to DCA and wouldn't be a nostalgia stunt because as opposed to a show it would be brand new attraction based on an old one. I still believe that the Country Bear characters still have the charm they used to have.
    I think they should move pooh, create a 100 acre wood in dca, get rid of bugs land maybe, put pooh there and other pooh related ideas, and put country bears back where they were. A dark ride of some sort with a holiday overlay too.
    Janette



  4. #4

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,147

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Just keep it in DL.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  5. #5

    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,624

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Why not Big Al's Country Bear Mountain? A coaster ride on bloody saddles.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

  6. #6

    • Eeyore smiling
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    609

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    I think they should move pooh, create a 100 acre wood in dca, get rid of bugs land maybe, put pooh there and other pooh related ideas, and put country bears back where they were. A dark ride of some sort with a holiday overlay too.

    I absoloutely love this idea! It also would get the Pooh characters (including Eeyore) over to DCA, a place which could use some anchor characters. It also would go with the Grizzly mountain right within eye shot.

    In addition it would open up the old Bear Country Jamboree area for the dark ride idea brought up in this message.

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    Why not Big Al's Country Bear Mountain? A coaster ride on bloody saddles.
    Only if it has a loop.


  8. #8

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    WDI did concept work for a CBJ dark ride before. Let me see if I can dig it up.

    EDIT: Close enough http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25699
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-12-2007 at 08:29 PM.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  9. #9

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    WDI did concept work for a CBJ dark ride before. Let me see if I can dig it up.
    Was this the proposed "Critter Country 300" attraction that was the original idea that Imagineers were pushing for instead of Pooh?

  10. #10

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    48

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    I believe they should come up with a stand alone Nightmare BC ride, so we can keep the Mansion intact year round. Not to mention it would be fricken awesome ride.
    "It could've been Iwerksland"

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,372

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    OMG, I want all of Christopher Merrit's concepts to come true!

    http://www.christophermerritt.com/Th...eConcepts.html


    NBX ride looks so fracking amazing!

    And wow, I never heard of Country Bear 500 but when I saw that picture my heart literally skipped a beat. I actually got really excited but then realized that it's NOT coming true.

    You know... I think DCA needs a ride like that.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  12. #12

    • It's all about Theme!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Tear out Innoventions and turn the CBJ show into an America Sing's Style show with 4 rotating scenes. Use the AA'S From Both Theaters. Some AA's can sing twice. They can make each one a 5 minute segment.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

    And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

  13. #13

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    The country bear dark ride is starting to grow on me. Someone suggested putting it in DCA's Challenge Trail. Did you have a suggestion where to relocate CT or were you thinking of just taking it out completely?

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  14. #14

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    The country bear dark ride is starting to grow on me. Someone suggested putting it in DCA's Challenge Trail. Did you have a suggestion where to relocate CT or were you thinking of just taking it out completely?
    Two options:

    A) Take it out completely

    B) Expand the Grizzly Creek area and take out golden dreams and use it, as well as the rest of the area connected to that side of the walkway into the show building and line for the dark ride. Thus leaving Challenge Trail untouched. The restrooms that the ride would replace can be transferred to the building across from said building or put in near the Grizzly smoking section.

  15. #15

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: How about the possibility of a Country Bear dark ride?

    OMG, Look at the rock and tree people: http://www.christophermerritt.com/Entertainment.html

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Similar Threads

  1. Country Bear Theater?
    By FinalAdventure in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
  2. Your Favorite ride in the Country Bear Playhouse!
    By Walt Jr. in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 10:54 AM
  3. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 12:04 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 05:57 PM
  5. Brother Bear Ride In Critter Country or The Golden State in DCA
    By llama5492 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 04:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •