Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

Tonight's fireworks were pretty weird. The show was delayed about five minutes before it started. During the opening sequences with Julie Andrews I noticed a lot of shells missing. Tinkerbell flew down and the fireworks and castle lighting stopped there.

But the music didn't stop. It played until the Haunted Mansion sequence. The weirdest part out of all of this is that while there were no fireworks at all, the fire during the Indiana Jones part went off twice.

Finally the Main Street lights went on and a minute later they announced it was cancelled. Hey, at least they tried!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

I was watching the mater cam and saw some shells, and then saw indian jones fire.. and I was like.. whats happening hahaha?!?!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Shows what can happen when you pack everything up for a month. Didn't they test this stuff earlier?

What a bummer. Not quite the same show with 5 shells and 2 great balls of fire.

I heard it was canceled due to some toad that was causing a scene on a Monorail that broke down.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I was watching the mater cam and saw some shells, and then saw indian jones fire.. and I was like.. whats happening hahaha?!?!
    Yeah it was crazy. I just wanted to see what would happen next.

I waited about an hour doing what I would have been doing at home anyway, listening to the radio, so I don't feel bad about it. I knew full well it was going to be cancelled but it was fun hanging out.

Because crowds were so light there was no crowd control. I would rather see the fireworks on a very busy day because there are actually rules (all sitting, all standing, ropes, etc.)

The people in the hub were angry that the people in the street in front of the castle were standing. But what can you do? You're not going to get that many people to all sit down unless a cast member tells them to. In that case there are no rules so I can't fault anyone. Just stand up and try to enjoy the show. I was actually seated in the hub and I pretty much foresaw that people would be standing so I got up, went into the street, and joined them.

But hey, all that grumbling was for nothing anyway haha.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Shows what can happen when you pack everything up for a month. Didn't they test this stuff earlier?
    They said it was cancelled because of wind but I'm not sure that was the case. Maybe it was indeed a technical problem because if it was wind I would have assumed they would end the show more gracefully than they did.

• I'll pencil this in later

My mom was talking to a CM and he said they were cancelling it due to wind. But sure enough we saw the fireworks start. At least they tried!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    They said it was cancelled because of wind but I'm not sure that was the case. Maybe it was indeed a technical problem because if it was wind I would have assumed they would end the show more gracefully than they did.
    I was out driving around in the Fullerton area tonight, and we didn't have even a hint of a breeze. That sounds fishy to me. More like..."Hey! Who didn't plug the power strip in??"

It they are calling off the show due to wind, what's with STARTING the show? Was that an accident? Did some tech director on the roof say "JUST kidding!"

And I can't believe somone called the guy on the monorail a "toad."

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

maybe it is the cold...and that made some of the censors act up.....

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Tonight's fireworks were pretty weird. The show was delayed about five minutes before it started. During the opening sequences with Julie Andrews I noticed a lot of shells missing. Tinkerbell flew down and the fireworks and castle lighting stopped there.

But the music didn't stop. It played until the Haunted Mansion sequence. The weirdest part out of all of this is that while there were no fireworks at all, the fire during the Indiana Jones part went off twice.

Finally the Main Street lights went on and a minute later they announced it was cancelled. Hey, at least they tried!
    Sounds like my games of Fireworks Remixed tonight

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I was out driving around in the Fullerton area tonight, and we didn't have even a hint of a breeze. That sounds fishy to me. More like..."Hey! Who didn't plug the power strip in??"
    "Winds at higher altitudes" which doesn't even make sense to me because I've seen plenty of Disneyland fireworks shows where the exploded pieces of shells fall right on my face.

As long as it's not windy at ground level where the low-level pyro shoots off, why not do the show? How are the high level fireworks dangerous if there are winds at higher elevations? I saw the holiday fireworks last Sunday and the smoke trails were moving pretty fast up there. Same conditions as today. They did the whole show, low level pyro and all.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
    maybe it is the cold...and that made some of the censors act up.....
    Well it was 42 degrees at 9PM tonight.

Saturday is forecasted to be the same conditions as tonight, so I doubt they were show them tomorrow. Sunday and Monday is expected to be a little warmer but the wind forecast is still there. Maybe there won't be any fireworks this weekend.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

it was 33 degrees around 8...and I am 30 minutes from DLR

• It's all about Theme!

Video Needed.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

"Winds at higher altitudes" which doesn't even make sense to me because I've seen plenty of Disneyland fireworks shows where the exploded pieces of shells fall right on my face.

As long as it's not windy at ground level where the low-level pyro shoots off, why not do the show? How are the high level fireworks dangerous if there are winds at higher elevations? I saw the holiday fireworks last Sunday and the smoke trails were moving pretty fast up there. Same conditions as today. They did the whole show, low level pyro and all.
    Indeed, as I DROVE through that higher altitude on my way home! The intersection of State College and Bastanchury climbs a hill that is at LEAST as high as the altitude of the shells in question. No breeze. Nada.

Too windy my eye.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast