Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Tonight's fireworks were pretty weird. The show was delayed about five minutes before it started. During the opening sequences with Julie Andrews I noticed a lot of shells missing. Tinkerbell flew down and the fireworks and castle lighting stopped there.

    But the music didn't stop. It played until the Haunted Mansion sequence. The weirdest part out of all of this is that while there were no fireworks at all, the fire during the Indiana Jones part went off twice.

    Finally the Main Street lights went on and a minute later they announced it was cancelled. Hey, at least they tried!

  2. #2

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,925
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    I was watching the mater cam and saw some shells, and then saw indian jones fire.. and I was like.. whats happening hahaha?!?!






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Shows what can happen when you pack everything up for a month. Didn't they test this stuff earlier?

    What a bummer. Not quite the same show with 5 shells and 2 great balls of fire.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SoCal, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,784

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    I heard it was canceled due to some toad that was causing a scene on a Monorail that broke down.


  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I was watching the mater cam and saw some shells, and then saw indian jones fire.. and I was like.. whats happening hahaha?!?!
    Yeah it was crazy. I just wanted to see what would happen next.

    I waited about an hour doing what I would have been doing at home anyway, listening to the radio, so I don't feel bad about it. I knew full well it was going to be cancelled but it was fun hanging out.

    Because crowds were so light there was no crowd control. I would rather see the fireworks on a very busy day because there are actually rules (all sitting, all standing, ropes, etc.)

    The people in the hub were angry that the people in the street in front of the castle were standing. But what can you do? You're not going to get that many people to all sit down unless a cast member tells them to. In that case there are no rules so I can't fault anyone. Just stand up and try to enjoy the show. I was actually seated in the hub and I pretty much foresaw that people would be standing so I got up, went into the street, and joined them.

    But hey, all that grumbling was for nothing anyway haha.

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Shows what can happen when you pack everything up for a month. Didn't they test this stuff earlier?
    They said it was cancelled because of wind but I'm not sure that was the case. Maybe it was indeed a technical problem because if it was wind I would have assumed they would end the show more gracefully than they did.

  7. #7

    • I'll pencil this in later
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,530

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    My mom was talking to a CM and he said they were cancelling it due to wind. But sure enough we saw the fireworks start. At least they tried!!

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    They said it was cancelled because of wind but I'm not sure that was the case. Maybe it was indeed a technical problem because if it was wind I would have assumed they would end the show more gracefully than they did.
    I was out driving around in the Fullerton area tonight, and we didn't have even a hint of a breeze. That sounds fishy to me. More like..."Hey! Who didn't plug the power strip in??"

    It they are calling off the show due to wind, what's with STARTING the show? Was that an accident? Did some tech director on the roof say "JUST kidding!"

    And I can't believe somone called the guy on the monorail a "toad."


  9. #9

    • The Useless Prince
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    10,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    maybe it is the cold...and that made some of the censors act up.....

  10. #10

    •   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Not quite here.
    Posts
    21,271

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Tonight's fireworks were pretty weird. The show was delayed about five minutes before it started. During the opening sequences with Julie Andrews I noticed a lot of shells missing. Tinkerbell flew down and the fireworks and castle lighting stopped there.

    But the music didn't stop. It played until the Haunted Mansion sequence. The weirdest part out of all of this is that while there were no fireworks at all, the fire during the Indiana Jones part went off twice.

    Finally the Main Street lights went on and a minute later they announced it was cancelled. Hey, at least they tried!
    Sounds like my games of Fireworks Remixed tonight

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I was out driving around in the Fullerton area tonight, and we didn't have even a hint of a breeze. That sounds fishy to me. More like..."Hey! Who didn't plug the power strip in??"
    "Winds at higher altitudes" which doesn't even make sense to me because I've seen plenty of Disneyland fireworks shows where the exploded pieces of shells fall right on my face.

    As long as it's not windy at ground level where the low-level pyro shoots off, why not do the show? How are the high level fireworks dangerous if there are winds at higher elevations? I saw the holiday fireworks last Sunday and the smoke trails were moving pretty fast up there. Same conditions as today. They did the whole show, low level pyro and all.

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
    maybe it is the cold...and that made some of the censors act up.....
    Well it was 42 degrees at 9PM tonight.

    Saturday is forecasted to be the same conditions as tonight, so I doubt they were show them tomorrow. Sunday and Monday is expected to be a little warmer but the wind forecast is still there. Maybe there won't be any fireworks this weekend.

  13. #13

    • The Useless Prince
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    10,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    it was 33 degrees around 8...and I am 30 minutes from DLR

  14. #14

    • It's all about Theme!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Video Needed.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

    And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: 1-12 Fireworks: At least they tried!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    "Winds at higher altitudes" which doesn't even make sense to me because I've seen plenty of Disneyland fireworks shows where the exploded pieces of shells fall right on my face.

    As long as it's not windy at ground level where the low-level pyro shoots off, why not do the show? How are the high level fireworks dangerous if there are winds at higher elevations? I saw the holiday fireworks last Sunday and the smoke trails were moving pretty fast up there. Same conditions as today. They did the whole show, low level pyro and all.
    Indeed, as I DROVE through that higher altitude on my way home! The intersection of State College and Bastanchury climbs a hill that is at LEAST as high as the altitude of the shells in question. No breeze. Nada.

    Too windy my eye.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
  2. [Question] Can You See The MK Fireworks from ... ?
    By tjcjr in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 01:52 AM
  3. Fireworks
    By SkittlesMcGee943 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 04:27 PM
  4. I need HELP WITH FIREWORKS
    By Allitalianboy in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
  5. What are your fireworks?
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 07:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •