Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

So basically they keep DLR open 50 hours straight? Wow!!

Answer: Yes , I would buy a ticket , with my teeth grinding!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Shouldn't this and that other thread be moved to "Rumors" forum?
    I don't think this kind of pure fun speculation even rises to the level of rumor.

• Banned User

I would definately pay it. I would pay it just to support the park for the 50th.

• that's right!

To be honest, I'm torn about the entire day. On one hand I want to be there for Disneyland's 50th birthday as it's not only a place that's very important to me but a truly historic day, I guess. On the other hand I loathe crowds at Disneyland more than anything else and I know it'll be at or close to capacity on the 17th which means wall-to-wall running crowds and hot and cold crying children nonstop for the whole thing.

We'll see.

Without thinking twice?

Hell yeah!!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Since I'm an outsider and being at DL is like a treasure since I almost never get to go, I don't know of a time where you'd find me at the gate unwilling to pay.

• Differently clued

Hmmm..would I pay? Get back to me after I get done digging through the couch cushions.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Hedonist

I'd pay - no question. well, if it was a $1,000 a ticket I might not. But I also did the 25th and thought it was a blast.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I would gladly pay the extra money. I think iSm is right about what the har dticket would be for. And I will be sleeping most of the day Saturday to get ready for that over night! Haven't done one since Grad Nite '89.

This is going to be an awesome, albeit crowded, day at DL. I can't wait!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• is confuzzled.

I would in a heart beat.

• Rawr...

Id pay anything! But I haven't been to Disneyland in a few years... perhaps its more worth it for those who sont get to go as much.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• I like Cheese...

I tend to think that InnerSpaceman's scenerio is the way this would play out, so, as an AP I don't think I'd want to pay to get in during regular hours, but I would definately pay for the overnight!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I'd pay too, especially if it ended up being like what Ism said! Most defintely pay!!

I didn't go to either the 25th or 30th, so I'd really be interested in the 50th if it was an all-nighter as ISM said. In that case I definitely would pay.

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    July 17 can be both a hard ticket and a regular AP and general admission day.

Here's how it's worked in the past: July 17, 1980 and July 17, 1985 - Disneyland remains open 25 hours for the 25th Birthday, and 30 hours for the 30th Birthday, respectively. In both cases, the party starts at midnight the moment it becomes July 17. These are non-normal operating hours between midnight and 8 a.m., and your regular admission or AP does not get you into the Park for that. A special ticket is required (and soooooo worth it, I can tell you - having attended both events).

Then, at 8 a.m., regular AP and general admission is valid once more, and the day guests come flooding in.

Personally, I am really hoping the rumors are true. I would gladly pay extra money for a hard ticket overnight event to celebrate the 50th Birthday. Disney could pocket a lot of extra money from APs who otherwise get into the Park for free. And the overnight party is the only hope for topping the 25th or 30th Birthdays, which I've long looked forward to being acheived for the 50th.

(Staying open all night long does not automatically mean topping the 30th celebrations ... but without it, there's not a chance.)
    THAT, I'd pay extra for. But no more than $30 extra.

As far as just the day itself... if they sold me an AP, saying it was good every day but May 4th, and THEN tried to tell me I couldn't get in on the 17th? They'd have legal action on their hands. I know, subject to change, and all that, but they would not be able to defend that in a court of law. If they were capable of being open that day, and were, in fact, open to guests on that day, which the AP is said to cover, and tried to deny entry to an AP just so they could squeeze more money out of them... that's breach of contract.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast