Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KCAL Kids

• n/a

KCAL Kids

Anybody else remember KCAL kids?

It was on when I was little, so early 90s? The format was these 3 teens that would go around Disneyland goofing around do different stuff, then they'd show classic Disney cartoons. I'd love to find old episodes!
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: KCAL Kids

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Anybody else remember KCAL kids?

It was on when I was little, so early 90s? The format was these 3 teens that would go around Disneyland goofing around do different stuff, then they'd show classic Disney cartoons. I'd love to find old episodes!
    I don't remember them, but it makes sense because Disney owned KCAL (Channel 9 in LA) at that time...they had to sell the station after they bought ABC.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I remember that show, I always watched to see if they would go on rides. I watched it everyday before school.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I sure do. That was when they had the Disney Afternoon as well. I used to watch KCAL before and after school.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I remember too. I loved that show!

• ...TWO BITS!

I don't know about KCAL kids. I remember Toontown and I think it was called "MouseTunes" with this guy going around Disneyland. I'm attempting to put a couple "MouseToons" clips up when I have time. I think I only have Frontierland and Tomorrowland segments. I remember having a KCAL kids card though.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• rockin butter sponge!

i totally remember it! I hated those kids! they got to be at the park (seemingly) everyday, and my family had to save all year for one trip to Disneyland, and we never even went every year!

California 9 was great. I loved the station's on-air look and sound. And, I do remember the "KCAL Kids". It was nice being able to see old Disney cartoons getting ready for school on weekday mornings. The show was packaged as the "Dis Kids" for The Disney Channel, I think. So you might want to search for that term, too.

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I don't know about KCAL kids. I remember Toontown and I think it was called "MouseTunes" with this guy going around Disneyland. I'm attempting to put a couple "MouseToons" clips up when I have time. I think I only have Frontierland and Tomorrowland segments. I remember having a KCAL kids card though.
    I think you're thinking of the predecessor show, which was "K-MOUSE" with "Morty McToon" as host. (I have no idea how I remember all these things.) That cartoon series was produced by KHJ-TV, Channel 9 in Los Angeles, after Disney acquired the station but before the call letters were changed to KCAL-TV.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

The only Disney park show I remember was Disney Inside Out, I loved that show I wish it still aired
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

i remember a similar TV show that aired on the disney channel (i think?) in the early 90s called "toontown" it was around the time when toontown first opened and they had these two kids, an asian girl and a white guy, running around toontown and it sporadically showed some old disney cartoons. the theme song for the show is the same song that they use for Toontown Morning Madness....

i miss old disney cartoons especially the goofy "how to" series of cartoons.

• Head Salesman

I'd get up every morning to watch the KCAL Kids before I got ready for school. Then I'd come home in time to watch the Disney Afternoon. I also watched the other morning shows that were filmed in Disneyland. And when all of that stopped, I switched to watching the old Disney cartoons on the Disney Channel as well as Vault Disney. Those were the days.

Now all of those shows are gone, and you can't find a decent Disney program. Bring back the classic cartoons and Vault Disney!!!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Why do you keep talking?

I'd only get up in time to see the end credits (which was them riding Big Thunder Mountain if I'm thinking of the right show)
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

While on the subject of early 90's TV, does anyone remember a show called Wake Rattle and Roll they had on the Disney Channel? All I remember is that it had a kid, a robot, and cartoons. It might have been on KCAL, but I'm pretty sure it was from the Disney Channel.

I don't think I was allowed to watch tv in the morning back then, but I did want to join the KCAL Kids Club. I remember they ran adverts to join the KCAL Kids Club during the Disney Afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast