• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Smile Update on my plan to get out to Disneyland

Hello Gang!

As some of you know I have been trying to get myself out to Disneyland for the first time in 20-plus years. Due to lack of funds, and family issues I was not able to come out last year as I had hoped. However I think I have set a realistic goal for myself (although it's not as soon as I would like in a perfect world). My target date is next January for the 3rd Anniversary of MiceChat. By that time I should have saved up enough money. I have chosen this time because I would like to meet as many members of my beloved MiceChat family as possible.

Of course if anything changes on this front, positive or negative, I'll let y'all know. Do you think I have set a good target date?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Minion

Re: Update on my plan to get out to Disneyland

Sounds like a very realistic goal. Best of luck!

• Hooterville, USA

Sounds like a long long time from now. Hopefully it will go fast.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

It does sound a long long time away but hopefully you can do it and we'll all finally see you at a meet!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Sounds good to me! But then I can't imagine being so far away from my beloved Disneyland ... which is why I NEVER want to leave Los Angeles.

• Banned User

We in the belles started a money management thing, all of us opened up savings accounts ( most of us so far) and goal wise are putting money in every pay day. I have 2 sacings accoutns, one for fun one for emergencys. ( life savings) if I were you I would put as much as you can each month into the savings account and not think of it! If you save it at home your apt to spend it, if you bank it you have money at the end of the year to go to disneyland and have a grand time.
    I am doing 100.00 out of each pay check I get to go into each account, thats 1,200 at the end of every year in each account. if you can do more I sugest it. Good luck.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

You can do this, it seems very realistic.

I am just dying to go to the 2nd anniversary meet, but I just got back from 2 trips to the DLR in less than 1 month. It's a 6-7 hour drive and my dad left me a car that gets great gas mileage. But, I have a puppy and 2 kids -- they can't miss any more school due to DL trips and I can't shrug the responsibility off on my husband. He suggested that I go and take the kids, but I don't think it's best for them to go when they have to be at school the next morning. Anyway, not trying to derail your thread -- just telling you because I want you to know that we can do the delayed gratification thing together. We can both plan to be at the 3rd Anniversary!!!!

Karla has already outlined a great plan. I should start that too; of course I don't have a regular paycheck because I am not teaching any of my own dance classes this year. I just sub and I never know how much I can count on getting per month. Still, we can encourage each other in saving $$$$.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper View Post
    ...My target date is next January for the 3rd Anniversary of MiceChat. By that time I should have saved up enough money. I have chosen this time because I would like to meet as many members of my beloved MiceChat family as possible....
    Wish I could go to a mega meet.. other than the one that happens at WDW once a year.. or twice..

maybe i should try to aim for that date too... who knows... school might be out... however dont know if im going to have time.. or anything...

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

That is an awesome idea Karla. Thank you for the suggestion. I shall definitely do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.