Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo34
    Okay, then. Would you agree with the idea that maybe the Imagineers were too focused on one park over the other, then? Of course DisneySea has much fewer rides than DCA. Many of the lands have no more than two rides, Like Port Discovery and Mystery Island. Or maybe we're not as demanding an audience with concepts for rides. Tokyo Disneyland is the only one with a Castle Mystery Tour where you can see animatronic skeletons rise in the dungeon. I haven't seen anyone suggest that for the castles here except in Disney Magazine (R.I.P.).
    actualy DCA was chosen because it hadn't had all the engineering time that was put into plans like Westcot and DisneySea (I think Pressler thought they were overcooked and wanted something he could quickly influence more)

• Gumball Rally Godfather

To quote the late John Hench,
    "I liked it better as a parking lot!"
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I'm gonna say this one thing:

Rome wasn't built in a day
    But Disneyland was built in a year (and a day). Small world was designed and built in 9 months, and the original Disneyland Monorial was built in less than a year. They've been trying to fix DCA for over four years and haven't done it.

Perhaps its because the same people who desined DCA, and still don't understand why it failed in the first place, are now trying to fix it. I'm so glad that Pressler and Harriss and all their merchandise-oriented executives are gone, but all the same people at WDI resposible for DCA are still there (and some of them have been promoted). I think it is well past time for a witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo34
    Okay, then. Would you agree with the idea that maybe the Imagineers were too focused on one park over the other, then? Of course DisneySea has much fewer rides than DCA. Many of the lands have no more than two rides, Like Port Discovery and Mystery Island. Or maybe we're not as demanding an audience with concepts for rides. Tokyo Disneyland is the only one with a Castle Mystery Tour where you can see animatronic skeletons rise in the dungeon. I haven't seen anyone suggest that for the castles here except in Disney Magazine (R.I.P.).
    There were two completely different teams on Imagineers on DCA and TDS. The TDS team was the best of the best (but after the project many were laid off). The DCA team was a buch of yes-men (afterwards many were promoted and now run WDI).

But wasn't StormRider at DisneySea built in L.A. before being shipped to Tokyo? But then again, it does have that Star Tours vibe, so I guess you're right about the quality of Imagineers assigned to Tokyo. I wonder if the Oriental Land Company (the name on the cast members' employee ID cards) pays Imagineers more than Disney.

I wonder who's smart idea was it to lay them off when you knew you had the 50th anniversary coming up. I wonder if it is possible to use the lake at Paradise Pier for something in addition to a reservoir for Grizzly River Run. Paddleboats would be neat. It could be a parallel to the Davy Crockett Canoes at DL.

If anything, DCA is a great venue for ABC's Primetime Preview Weekend. If only Disney still owned the Ducks and the Angels, then DCA could've been used as a venue for a sports themed events.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    There were two completely different teams on Imagineers on DCA and TDS. The TDS team was the best of the best (but after the project many were laid off). The DCA team was a buch of yes-men (afterwards many were promoted and now run WDI).
    I don't know if you have any inside knowledge or not, but from your description it makes sense. I feel that there is no creativity with the park. Everything is safe and sane... to the point of boring. You explain a lot.

If they were promoted to WDI, I am very sad. I believe it though. It seems that those who don't rock-the-boat get promoted, not the most talented. I am very sad.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234