Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Exclamation Should all the executives be canned for DCA?

Personally, I am always shocked at the lack of accountability today. Now don't get me wrong, if someone does a great job, I believe a BIG bonus and promotion are due. On the other hand, when anyone, including top executives, blow it big time, I think heads should roll. EVERYONE who is still with Disney who conceived or promoted the current DCA park should be removed. I really don't have any compassion for over-paid execs who make bad decision. I have found that they compound their mistakes by CONTINUING to make bad decisions and HIDING their mistakes because they are based on wrong VALUES. When the decision was made to lavish money on hotels and stores and restrict money for attractions in DCA, the decision is based on their greed and not valuing the guest. This kind of decision-maker does not belong at Disney.

What do you think?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Hooterville, USA

I'm not one who should comment on DCA, but I never turn down a chance to voice my displeasure. I'm an AP who will never visit DCA because I think it stands for all the wrong reasons. If DCA money would have been spent on DL, imagine what the 50th would be like.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I'm not the most informed person when it comes to the political side of Disney. Haven't most of the folks responsible already left Disney? :confused: (I'm thinking the more prominent people like Pressler and Harriss.)

At any rate, it seems Mr. Oimet is making a solid effort to turn things around with the resort as a whole. If there are folks from the old regime who are willing to change their tune and take the resort in the right direction, I'd say there isn't a real burning reason to can them. If they're hell bent on running DCA into the ground by not improving the theming, etc., then I say turn them loose and let some other people in who are willing to go in the right direction.

• Lovin' Life!

I agree with Druggas! I'm afraid DCA is a bit of a white elephant....don't get me wrong, I love Soarin', Tower of Terror and the Live Theater...but what a waste of time, energy, money and space to put in an amusement park not worthy of the Disney name!

You know, if I'm in California and I want to see Hollywood or Yosemite or wine country ~ I'd GO there...not visit an imitation!!! After all, we're not Florida...we're not a retirement community....let's keep the integrity of the Disney vision intact.
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

• Hiding from the Sheeple

yes

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Personally, I am always shocked at the lack of accountability today. Now don't get me wrong, if someone does a great job, I believe a BIG bonus and promotion are due. On the other hand, when anyone, including top executives, blow it big time, I think heads should roll. EVERYONE who is still with Disney who conceived or promoted the current DCA park should be removed. I really don't have any compassion for over-paid execs who make bad decision. I have found that they compound their mistakes by CONTINUING to make bad decisions and HIDING their mistakes because they are based on wrong VALUES. When the decision was made to lavish money on hotels and stores and restrict money for attractions in DCA, the decision is based on their greed and not valuing the guest. This kind of decision-maker does not belong at Disney.

What do you think?
    I think they simply moved these people over to Merchandise Special Events.

Of course they should be fired, but nobody is ever accountable for anything. Everything is decided by executive committee. Lets bring back executives who have the power to make business decisions and then be held accountable for those choices.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    What do you think?
    I think many people here agree with you.
    Patience please. One more big cheese to go. September is just around the corner.

• Minion

You have to ask?

Yup, yes, si, hai, indeedy-diddly-doo neighbor, affirmative, yeahhhh boyyyyyy!~
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• The one, the only...

I know that you think it is obvious...

I know that everything thinks this is obvious, but according to Al Lutz there are still executives that were envolved in the decision haning around. That is the thing that is hard for me to swallow. How can there managers not realize at this point that DCA has missed its projections by wide margines? I know that if DCA would have done well, bonuses would have gone around. Maybe they got their bonuses for DCA already. I don't know, but certainly there need to be accountability.

As to Michael Eisner, he was the final one to sign off on this, but he did not come up with the idea. Those who came up with the idea and then supported it through the process should lose their jobs, IMHO.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Disneyland Cast Member

Most of the people responsible for DCA have left the company. If you really want to blame someone for DCA go after members of H.O.M.E. a group of Disneyland neighbors who fought the plan to build WESTOC. Every time the Resort tries to do some thing the group Home Owners Maintaining their Enviroment start to protest to the city and state. And it's Quiment not Ouiment. (I didn't want to omit that)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

actually... it's Ouimet.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I don't really have an opinion on this because my family and I always have a great time when we go. We all have our fair share of favorite rides and our meals are always very good. I don't see it as a land of fantasy but rather... a land meant for vacation.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd
    Most of the people responsible for DCA have left the company. If you really want to blame someone for DCA go after members of H.O.M.E. a group of Disneyland neighbors who fought the plan to build WESTOC.
    Idiots. Anyone that moves in across the street from Disneyland, that complains about living across the street from Disneyland, should be shipped to Phoenix to live for a whole summer without any air conditioning.

And it's Quiment not Ouiment. (I didn't want to omit that)
    Trying to confuse people?

Most of the people responsible for DCA have left the company. If you really want to blame someone for DCA go after members of H.O.M.E. a group of Disneyland neighbors who fought the plan to build WESTOC. Every time the Resort tries to do some thing the group Home Owners Maintaining their Enviroment start to protest to the city and state. And it's Quiment not Ouiment. (I didn't want to omit that)
    Walt always did say that was one of his mistakes in life, that he didn't buy the city of Anahiem

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I like DCA. So does my little one. I have no complaints.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast