• It's all about Theme!

Cool The Go To Disneyland More Often Thread!

Out of Money? Want to but don't know when? Here's a plan for you!

1. Have a can somewhere in your home.
    2. Choose a few 3 day weekends in the year.
    3. Look up economy flghts and hotels and get an idea of the cost for each three day weekend you choose.
    4. Contribute money into the can until you reach your goal ( If you reach it a few weeks before the vacation, put another can for the next weekend).
    5. Have a fun time without spending too much money!

There you have it!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Re: The Go To Disneyland More Often Thread!

I just wished I got out to CA more often.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

As you probably know by now, I do have a bit of history with the park. Last year, after ten years away, and mainly because of MiceChat, I got a SoCal Ap and made it about six times.

I now live over 100 miles away, which makes it at least a two-three hour drive (heading through the Valley and or LA to get there). I realize many fans make longer trips, but to me I'm just far enough away where it makes me think more than twice about it.

As relates to the thread title, yes I would like to go more often, but even if I lived in Garden Grove or Anaheim as I used to, I would never be one of the three-to-five times a week types. Probably an average of about once a month, which is twice as many times as last year!

And my wife got me a Premium AP for Christmas, so I may come a little more anyway.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• We wants the Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

As relates to the thread title, yes I would like to go more often, but even if I lived in Garden Grove or Anaheim as I used to, I would never be one of the three-to-five times a week types. Probably an average of about once a month, which is twice as many times as last year!

And my wife got me a Premium AP for Christmas, so I may come a little more anyway.

--Barry
    Barry I am in the same boat. I am 4 hours away. Even though I have family there that I stay with, and I make the trips anyways, going to DLR still takens some extra savings. I do my own version of the can at our house. It is called stashing my sewing money in the top drawer of my sewing table...lol. I end making one trip down every month or two. It does make you double think trips, especially with the gases prices the way they are .
    Janet
    John 3:16

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I live in Chicago, so a trip to Disneyland is a major expenditure for me. The airfare alone is a killer. I am most likely to not want to come for just a few days. My upcoming trip is actually a pretty short one. It is only 4 nights. That means 4 nights hotel bill also.

However, I am a saver. Each paycheck at our house, I put away a set amount for vacation. This way I am assured at least one Disney vacation a year. I lean toward Disneyland the last few years, but I also like Disney World.

I do a lot of research. I try and get the best rates on hotels. I am waiting until February to buy my park tickets, for my April trip. I can get a better deal by buying them online.

I also have Disney Rewards Dollars built up on my Disney Visa. I think they will pay for almost 2 good character meals during my trip, so that helps.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015